Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: P90X reviews??

JCOREBODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCOREBODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCOREBODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCOREBODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCOREBODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCOREBODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCOREBODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JCOREBODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Jcore: Accelerated body transformation system (www.jcorebody.com)

Why It Works
    The Science Behind the System
    The JCORE Accelerated Body Transformation system is based on RAPID MUSCLE RESPONSE Training. It quickly stimulates your muscles to raise your metabolism to burn fat, through a special combination of strengthening and stabilizing movements. These movements are done in targeted 30-Second Result Blasts, which Fast Flow from one to the next. Done in 20-minute workout sets, these Result Blasts deliver much faster, much better weight loss and toning results than traditional cardio and strength training.

Here is the secret formula to JCORE™ Accelerated Body Transformation™:
    Rapid Muscle Response™
    + 30-Second Result Blasts™
    + Fast Flow™
    = Accelerated Body Transformation

What is Rapid Muscle Response? The JCORE Accelerated Body Transformation System stimulates Rapid Muscle Response by forcing YOUR brain to fire more rapidly, to get your muscles to respond more rapidly and make adjustments to your body’s position. These responses are motivated by challenges such as standing on one leg while performing other exercises. Similar to joint stability training and core strengthening, Rapid Muscle Response also has your brain tell your body to re-stabilize, by taking each joint and muscle through various angles and full ranges of motion. This means your muscles get worked from all angles, so they have no choice but to respond rapidly — to burn fat and rebuild! And they get conditioned to work smart and burn — even on your days off!

What are 30-Second Result Blasts? 30-Second Result Blasts are how Jay helps you get maximum results, as you change exercises every 30 seconds. Each exercise is designed to drive optimum results, burn more fat, and sculpt more lean muscle every 30 seconds you do it. This means, every 30 seconds you are seeing results!

What is Fast Flow? Jay’s workouts are sequenced in a Fast Flow, so you move seamlessly and efficiently between exercises, to burn more fat and reshape you from head to toe!

That’s Accelerated Body Transformation in action!

Nate90x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Couldn't agree more.

Originally Posted by boostedjosh View Post
    I lost 40lbs in the first 90 days. The 2nd round was over the holidays and I still managed to loose another 15.

You can't expect someone who had the body fat % that I had to be ripped in 90 days but you can't argue with the results man.

I had lost 10lbs in 5 months on my own. I was going to the gym 5 times a week and spending at least an hour each time doing a balance of weights and cardio. I was watching what I was eating and keeping a decent diet but just wasn't making progress. I followed the P90X plan and boom I was in better shape with more flexibility than I had maybe ever been before.

It is just a very well balanced FITNESS plan. It works if you put forth the effort, and for people like me who don't lack motivation but maybe lacked a good recipe to get in shape it worked wonders.

On top of that with the DVD's, weights, and pull up station, I was out less than $500. It was money well spent.
    I couldn't agree more. I'm just starting my 2nd week and I've already lost about 3 pounds. I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for the past year and haven't lost a single pound. I also just found out I have hypothyroidism so that didn't help with my weight loss. I just started and can already see the results. I also just need a program and direction. Before at the gym I was running, abs, arms or whatever I felt like doing that day. Not too effective. I can already tell that this is going to be something great for me. I'm eating better now, I gave up soda, and I'm not eating or snacking after dinner. My habits have already started to change. So this is definitely an effective program. So someone to get on this forum and just doubt it, try it out first before you tell us it's a scam.

Toneski11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would you recommend the p90x for beggineers when it comes too weight training? At the moment I do most my exercise at home I have an exercise bike and a crosstrainer which I use most days. But recently I have started taking protein shakes and doing weights in my room. And I bought a pull up bar too but thing is I'm not that great at using the chin up bar I can do about 3 then I can't do no more and that's the same as press ups too. At the moment I'm not that confident in the way I look with my body, I wouldn't say I'm that fat or anything but could do with toning up though. So do you think the p90x is worth me doing? Would appreciate replys....

gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Toneski11 View Post
    Would you recommend the p90x for beggineers when it comes too weight training? At the moment I do most my exercise at home I have an exercise bike and a crosstrainer which I use most days. But recently I have started taking protein shakes and doing weights in my room. And I bought a pull up bar too but thing is I'm not that great at using the chin up bar I can do about 3 then I can't do no more and that's the same as press ups too. At the moment I'm not that confident in the way I look with my body, I wouldn't say I'm that fat or anything but could do with toning up though. So do you think the p90x is worth me doing? Would appreciate replys....
    If you want an intelligent answer (or any answer at all) you need to give more details.
    What are your goals
    HOw old are you
    Height? Weight?
    Access to a gym?
    How is your diet?

Answer those and we will steer you in the right direction.

Generally speaking P90X is good to lose fat. You won't gain muscle on it. It is a conditioning program. If you are overweight and want to lean out then yes, it will help you.

I'm 28 and I weigh just over 12 stone and I am 5'9. I don't go to the gym. But I work out at home using crosstrainer and exercise bike and some weights aswell. My diet is good during week but i do treat myself at weekends. My goals are too have a more of a toned body and strengthen my legs aswell and sort my pecks out. Just want too feel a lot better about myself really. What would you recommend? Also I forgot too mention I work out 4 times a week for 1 hour and a half a session.
    Last edited by Toneski11; 06-21-2012 at 03:56 PM.

gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Toneski11 View Post
    I'm 28 and I weigh just over 12 stone and I am 5'9. I don't go to the gym. But I work out at home using crosstrainer and exercise bike and some weights aswell. My diet is good during week but i do treat myself at weekends. My goals are too have a more of a toned body and strengthen my legs aswell and sort my pecks out. Just want too feel a lot better about myself really. What would you recommend? Also I forgot too mention I work out 4 times a week for 1 hour and a half a session.
    OK, with P90X and a sensible diet (cut the junk food even on weekends for 12 weeks, not much to ask) you will lean out. You will probably lose 10-20 lbs depending on your diet
    and you will gain some strength. After that I would recommend joining a gym (if you can) and start lifting weight three times a week on a full body routine and doing 30 minutes of cardio
    three days a week on your non-lifting days. THere are plenty of routines you can follow such as the one written by AllPro in the stickies of this forum. But yes, I would first do P90X to lean out. It will probably take a year to have a decent looking body.

P90X is not easy. Try to do as much as you can. If you can only do 3 pullups, no problem, but try to do one more the following week. In other words, push yourself. Cut all the junk and refined sugars. Otherwise you will just be spinning your wheels. Some people do 3 or 4 rounds of P90X and get ripped. I got bored after the first one but you may not.

Good luck.

Ok thanks for your advice it's very helpful

harleybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

limitations?

I am new to bodybuilding.com, I actually found it in my quest to learn more about the P90X system.
    I like the things I have found, and even WebMD seems to think it is a decent system.

My problem is 3 years ago (shortly after my 40th birthday) I was involved in a motorcycle accident and I broke bones on every limb of my body and also split my pelvic girdle. Prior to the accident I was running marathons and I followed the Body for Life program; I was pretty healthy.
    The head of my left tibia was smashed and pinned back together. The pins have been removed, but I have lost range of motion. The metatarsals in my right foot were also damaged and pinned (pins have been removed), ergo, making standing on tiptoe (or using my toes for pushups) is limited. I have gained 50+ pounds since the accident due to lack of exercise, making pressure on my knee and foot increasingly problematic.

The kid who caused the accident (he made a left turn in front of me -I was going straight, and subsequently flipped over his car) had insufficient insurance to cover my hospital bills and I had to hire a lawyer to keep from filing bankruptcy. I am currently less than broke, but devestated by my current condition and I absolutely have to find something more than the walking program I am following (I am unable to run).

So I am wondering if anyone out there thinks that I could be capable of doing this program, or is it out of my reach (based on my limitations)? I like the fact that the P90X program allows you to build at your own pace. I do not have the funds to start on the P90 system and build up to the P90X.

brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found an awesome P90X review recently.

Just Google Bitter Sweet Fitness P90X review.

Enjoy!

adamkeni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Using P90X in the Gym?

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this has already been covered, I skimmed through the messages and couldn't find anything pertinent to my question.

My question is this - I have recently joined a gym, about a month ago. I go 3 days a week and I'm enjoying it and I'm seeing slow changes. However, I was about to consider stepping it up and doing some classes and changing my diet + protein intake and all that stuff, when I accidentally came across P90X. After doing some research on it to make sure it wasn't one of those cheesy BS ads I ended up here. So after reading most of the posts it seems genuine, especially for my goals; I'm 5'9" and weigh about 12.5st (79kg), I'm pretty happy with my weight but I'm flabby in all the wrong places! Beer gut, love handles, and generally quite unfit.

So P90X seems perfect, however, as I said I recently joined a gym, and signed a 6 month contract. It's quite an expensive monthly fee, so I don't really like the idea of just taking up this P90X program whilst not utilizing my gym fee.

In short - Can I use P90X in the gym? Could I utilize the equipment there and all that? I know the idea is that once you've done the 90 days you can bring what you've learned to the gym, but I was wondering could you possible learn the DVD routines and then do them in the gym?

Appreciate any help on the matter!

Regards,
    -Adam

John5O has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John5O has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John5O has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John5O has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John5O has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have every considered the P90X fitness program to get a lean and ripped physique in 90 days, than this program is for you.

I can speak to results that this pogram definitely does work if you stick with the workouts and clean up your diet.

If your looking to loose weight, build muscle, and get into the best shape of your life than this program gets the job done and can be a life changer.

Check out my full video review at fitnessadviceclub.com

Originally Posted by whitemagic View Post
    I have to admit that I don't really believe all of the infomercials I see on TV selling life/body changing DVD workouts but someone mentioned that P90X is the real deal and can be extremely effective. Has anyone purchased or tried this? What did you think?

You can look it up on amazon or p90x dot com

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

mattusmc00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90X Question

I am 33 yrs old and decided to do P90X, it has been years since i have worked out. I am 6ft 186lbs (thin build but lean). I have lost 6lbs since i started so im down to 180lbs. I am pretty strict with the diet and try to get all the protien i need. I am at the end of my third week and push myself to the limit with every exercise. I know that results dont come over night but for those of you that have done this routine when do you start to see results?

Either way i will finish it since i love a challenge but i must say, this time i will keep in shape!!

I would appriciate any comments.

Thanks

mattusmc00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ???

Kizerblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mattusmc00 View Post
    ???
    i saw results from the beginning. if you are talking about muscle gain, month 2 really kicks it into high gear with the gains. i have done 2 rounds of P90X, 2 rounds of P90X2, 1 round of Insanity (makes P90X look like kindergarten but its not a strength program) and a round of Body Beast. i am starting P90X again on Monday because i have a new workout partner that is out of shape and wants to make a lifestyle change. i am 35 years old, 5'11" and weigh 160, i can see my abs and get asked a lot what i do to stay in shape. as others have said, the diet is key. i dont eat crap nor do i overeat. i work out at 4:30 AM before work each day and love every second of it.

if i had one piece of advice it is that you will get out of the program what you put into the program. i use MyFitnessPal on my iphone to track what i eat. it takes a second to use and helps me make sure i am hitting my goals. most people would be shocked at how much they actually eat.

Kizerblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mattusmc00 View Post
    I am 33 yrs old and decided to do P90X, it has been years since i have worked out. I am 6ft 186lbs (thin build but lean). I have lost 6lbs since i started so im down to 180lbs. I am pretty strict with the diet and try to get all the protien i need. I am at the end of my third week and push myself to the limit with every exercise. I know that results dont come over night but for those of you that have done this routine when do you start to see results?

Either way i will finish it since i love a challenge but i must say, this time i will keep in shape!!

I would appriciate any comments.

Thanks
    heres a pic with my results somewhere along the way. after insanity i think but before body beast
    Attached Images

ari5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just wonder if there's an easier way to go about shaping up. I go to the gym around 3x a week - full body workout. Nutrition is probably 90% clean. I'm 6'2', 186 pounds but I was 170 pounds about 2 months ago when I started working out regularly. Bodyfat is around 14%. I workout for about 50 min. each session. At this point, I'm taking a week off to deload because I'm starting to not make progress and now I'll add maybe 20 min. of cardio 2x a week because my bodyfat is creeping up. I feel like what I'm doing requires less than half the time without the cost. And obviously, my goal was to add some poundage and I know a high cardio program is pointless for that.

The real positive thing about p90x is, it seems to really help people that don't have the motivation or drive to stick through a lifestyle change. Also, the idea that you 'only' have to do it for 90 days is probably a big draw. Hey man, why don't you just eat 'clean' for the rest of your life? The benefits are huge. So, it sounds like a great program if you need the structure. Depends on your pyschology.

Any program is better than nothing. But once you commit to change, you can do it mostly all your own without any DVD guy pushing you. You push yourself when you're ready.

Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000)
    P90x. I've done that twice and p90x2 twice what I believe is that if you eat right with the workout you will see results. If you EAT right you will see crazy results but you can't use like 5lb dumb bells you have to actually try hard. With pull-ups do them. Now if you want to lean out without actually getting crazy muscle do insanity. Great cardio program. Good luck.

beastmode50000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beastmode50000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beastmode50000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beastmode50000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beastmode50000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beastmode50000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beastmode50000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beastmode50000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've seen a few people go all the way with it. It works. Only catch that many people seem to miss is that you have to eat the correct diet! This is crucial...

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    In on train wreck thread.

hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hec983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sub'd

TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMufasa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have to admit that I don't really believe all of the infomercials I see on TV selling life/body changing DVD workouts but someone mentioned that P90X is the real deal and can be extremely effective. Has anyone purchased or tried this? What did you think?

Thanks
    If you're fat and wanna lose weight, yup its as good as any decent intense 6 day a week workout with strict diet will be.

If you're skinny and wanna get jacked, there are much better options.

brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brucemathers33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Review of P90X

Thanks
    Regardless of what exercise program you pursue, the main thing is diet. If you are not eating right, you will have a hard time gaining lean muscle and losing fat. You cannot out exercise an unhealthy diet!

As for P90X, you can find a great review at Bitter Sweet Fitness.

Good luck!

saarg1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Sorry, are you talking about p90x?

Originally Posted by noxnoctis View Post
    Well, I would place this program as the number 1 program to do if your not into fitness, as in never took it seriously your whole life.

Basically this program has changed my life. My mental attitude has changed to such a degree that I dont even consider a life unfit anymore. This imo is the most important factor of all. If your fairly new to fitness or lack direction , with no access to an actual good personal trainer, this is the way to go hands down.
    Hell, since I started this I have had at least a dozen people start just from seeing my results. Freakin amazing. Wish I would have found this program 10 years ago.
    Ryan-
    I lost track,what program are you raffaring to?