buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Finding Nice Pants for Short, Muscular Legs

For any of you ladies that are short (4'11-5'2) with muscular legs and a small waist: where do you find pants that fit?
    Pants either fit my legs or my waist. If they fit my legs, the waist is usually too big and if the waist fits then it won't fit around my legs.
    I haven't worn comfortable jeans or dressy clothes for many years because of this problem. I basically wear sweats everywhere. Glad to get any suggestions.

Also, I am not a fan of low rise jeans, if anyone knows where I can find good old fashined jeans that go above the belly button, please tell.

Thanks.

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a challange. I'm just under 5'1" and have issues with this as well. I'm currently searching for new career clothes and have problems with dress pants mostly. It's hit or miss depending on the brands. Have you tried gaucho pants:

http://www.nextag.com/gaucho-pants/search-html

I just perchased a pair and love them....very comfortable and look dressy.

Victoria's Secret dress pants fit well too. I buy the stretch fabric in petite sizes.

violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetdays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Find a good seamstress!

They can take your pants in at the waist, usually, they go in at the back, sometimes at the side or sometimes create flat darts - that is what I do. It should cost depending how they tighten the waist anywhere from 8-20 dollars.

Now, that I use a seamstress I would never go back to making do or buy bad quality it makes a huge difference in how you look and how you feel in your clothes.

Khenon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you don't want to go with low-rise jeans, try jeans that are in the "loose fit" or "relaxed" category. You can usually get a smaller size, so it fits the waste, but is still loose enough for your butt and thighs. Particular brands that I've liked are Eddie Bauer and Lerner (New York).

I used to be like you, with the low-rise jeans, but you might give them another try. Recently I've been trying on alot of low-rise jeans, and their fit is actually very flattering for our body-types. Because the waste is lower on the hips, you don't run into the over-sized waste problem, and the stretchy jean material is still flattering on the butt and thighs.
    5'2"
    Current weight = 144 lbs
    Current BF% = 32%
    Goal = 115 lbs, <20% BF

Lost over 35 lbs in 2005
    I've decided to work on fitness goals, and stop obsessing over the scale. :)

Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hate low rise too. I've tried them on just for ****s and giggles and they definitly do NOT work well with me. I found that I like the mid-rise jeans, they fit perfect. Not too high, and not low at all. I just bought a few pairs a couple of months ago. They also have that stretch fabric in them like Mommy was mentioning. The brands I got were Levi's ...which I found at Target... and eh, I can't remember the other name, but I got them at Gordman's. Jean shopping is taxing. It took me 3 hours to find 2 pairs of jeans.

Also, like violet said ... get a seamstress. If you find a pair that fits perfect in all areas except they are too big for yor waist, just get that taken in.

Good luck on your search!
    Jonathan Alexander was born 8-11-08
    8-11-08: 5lbs 12oz, 19 inches long
    8-13-08: 5lbs 6oz
    8-25-08: 7lbs, 19.5 inches long
    10-14-08: 11lbs 12oz, 21.75 in. long

buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50) buttandlegs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, finding dressy pants is a big problem. I will look into finding a seamstress because I'm sick of hiding my well-earned body behind baggy clothing because it is literally too uncomfortable to wear nice clothes. When I actually force myself into pants that don't fit right I find that I can't wait to get home to wear my normal clothing.

I also found that I can not wear knee-high boots because my calves are too big. The zipper hardly goes over my ankle. I went to about 50 different shops to find boots this winter and none of them fit.

Khenon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by buttandlegs
    I also found that I can not wear knee-high boots because my calves are too big. The zipper hardly goes over my ankle. I went to about 50 different shops to find boots this winter and none of them fit.
    I have this problem too! My husband bought me these really cute knee-high boots and I can't wear them at all. I feel so bad, but I can't fight genetics. I've seen some knee-highs come in different calf-sizes too, but I've never tried them on . . . too expensive.
    5'2"
    Current weight = 144 lbs
    Current BF% = 32%
    Goal = 115 lbs, <20% BF

Lost over 35 lbs in 2005
    I've decided to work on fitness goals, and stop obsessing over the scale. :)

specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should definiately try VictoriaSecret.com then. I have purchased many pants/jeans from them and they fit fabulously and the quality is very good. The "Easy" fits and the "Boyfriend" jean are great choices for women that have more muscular quads. They come in different lengths and sit just below your belly button.

xgurlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ahhhhhhhhhhh

omg! I know this is a late reply because I just noticed the date, but I can't even believe there are other people with this problem! I'm not a body builder or anything but I naturally have an athletic body so my thighs and calves are pretty muscular so when I try on pants, they are IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND! I was JUST at the mall trying to buy some dress pants for job interview I have on Tuesday and my bf was getting frustrated too bc I keep telling him they dont fit! Like if the waist fits, it doesn't even go pass my thighs and if the thighs fit, everywhere else is too huge! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's why I'm always in skirts and dresses. =P

Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mens 501s - still a bit big on my waist but the thighs would be too tight if I went smaller - they are the ONLY jeans I can wear with confidence. I find New Look (in the UK) trousers not too bad but everyone else makes them with massive waists so I've just given up and wear skirts....
    Misc Perv #65

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116372031

Sponsored by APT PRO GEAR RImuscle's Avatar
    RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RImuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow great bump, its great to see Im not alone now!! Im 173 lbs at 5'5" and 21% bf. I have a super tiny waist and massive legs. After much searching I found that the only place I can find pants is at Old Navy. Their super low rise jeans a a god send.
    Sponsored by APT ProGear

IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've mentioned this before, but NY & Co carries pants that will fit a build w/big legs/small waist. That is where I buy all my work clothes. For jeans, go to Buckle. They hand make all their jeans and don't make them to manequins, like most other jeans.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill

Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174190821&referrerid=1173311

divechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Silver Jeans feel pretty good

Wow, I'm so glad to read I'm not the only one...
    I tried to explain the issue (good fit on the butt, too tight on the thighs) to my honey (again) yesterday (for the umphiest time), after he told me my new jeans were indead too thight on the legs, but yes my butt looks great.. he still doesn't get it.
    So I decided to google it and there you are...
    I tried on some Silver Jeans the other day that fit pretty good. I haven't bought them yet, 'cause I'm waiting for my size to come in in the darker color, but they for once were not too loose on my butt and too tight on my legs, They fit pretty much te same allover. Stay away from their red label though, those were not made for chicks like us.

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree with the NY & Co for dress pants. I haven't really found jeans to fit me though. I've just about given up. Stretch pants, sweats, etc. are what I wear most times.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

kaylers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaylers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaylers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaylers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been very successful at

1. The Gap - They have a line of curvy pants for jeans, dress pants etc. They have a lil' extra room in the booty and quads. I've been really lucky at the Gap!
    2. Jacob - Not sure if they are in the US. But I've been successful there as well for years.

Goodluck with finding pants! I am 5'1 and have very muscular legs so I know frustrating it can be!

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    For jeans, Aeropostale works well because you can get different fits/stretchiness, and they come in short sizes.

I worked in an office over the summer, and ALL I wore were skirts. I found one pair of capri dress pants, and shrunk them I have all of 2 pairs of jeans lol...nothing fits right. I'm hoping that losing more fat will help :-\ I also have a heck of a time buying knee high boots, but I did find a pair that fit, miraculously.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by specialkay View Post
    You should definiately try VictoriaSecret.com then. I have purchased many pants/jeans from them and they fit fabulously and the quality is very good. The "Easy" fits and the "Boyfriend" jean are great choices for women that have more muscular quads. They come in different lengths and sit just below your belly button.

I have been wondering about the fit of VS pants (so much of their clothing is SO cute)...glad I wandered into this thread! Not feeling good about the sleeved shirts, though...tell me they fit surprisingly well, PLEASE?!

Anyway, gonna risk ordering some VS jeans and pants now, I'm sure!

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by divechick View Post
    Wow, I'm so glad to read I'm not the only one...
    I tried to explain the issue (good fit on the butt, too tight on the thighs) to my honey (again) yesterday (for the umphiest time), after he told me my new jeans were indead too thight on the legs, but yes my butt looks great.. he still doesn't get it.
    So I decided to google it and there you are...
    I tried on some Silver Jeans the other day that fit pretty good. I haven't bought them yet, 'cause I'm waiting for my size to come in in the darker color, but they for once were not too loose on my butt and too tight on my legs, They fit pretty much te same allover. Stay away from their red label though, those were not made for chicks like us.
    I agree Silver fits pretty good...but still a tad bit too big around the waist for me so they drove me nuts and I gave them to my sister (who has gotten tons of compliments on them, from strangers, even!). They're definitely not as bad as others though. The buckle is normally where I end up finding jeans that fit, myself, so we're in total agreement on which stores to hit.

Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One word- Lucky!! Lucky jeans are awesome! I have two pair and it is like they were made for me!!

LUCKY
    LUCKY
    LUCKY!!!
    "Live. Laugh. Love. Repeat."

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    I have been wondering about the fit of VS pants (so much of their clothing is SO cute)...glad I wandered into this thread! Not feeling good about the sleeved shirts, though...tell me they fit surprisingly well, PLEASE?!

Anyway, gonna risk ordering some VS jeans and pants now, I'm sure!
    I've had some sleeved tops/dresses from VS fit but they either have to be knits or a stretchy material. Everything comes in easy return resealable envelopes now, so that makes it easier. I get a LOT of tops from VS, they fit well for me, and don't shrink and most can go in the dryer (except special materials like cashmere or merino wool).

I haven't got any pants from VS, too pricey as I have to pay duties + shipping. I actually got my last pair from American Eagle (low rise hip hugger w/ stretch).
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    I've had some sleeved tops/dresses from VS fit but they either have to be knits or a stretchy material. Everything comes in easy return resealable envelopes now, so that makes it easier. I get a LOT of tops from VS, they fit well for me, and don't shrink and most can go in the dryer (except special materials like cashmere or merino wool).

I haven't got any pants from VS, too pricey as I have to pay duties + shipping. I actually got my last pair from American Eagle (low rise hip hugger w/ stretch).
    Knowing they have pre address envelopes makes it easier to take a risk so I'm glad you mentioned that (I suck at mailing stuff). But it sounds like same issues as usual when it comes to shirts. You'd think they'd start listing
    more circumference measurements with things that are fitted (arms, shoulders, waist).

I haven't tried any of AE's pants yet...just their jeans (I just don't like the way low rise jeans fit on me, I guess).

found_alma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) found_alma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb nice slacks

hey you guys,
    the only waist high slacks i've found to fit well are the pettite/stretch from express. they fit well around a small waist and are pretyy snug around my thick legs at first, but they let up just enough throughout the day.
    good luck!!
    PAIN IS ONLY WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY