kingkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how much stamina and endurance do I need to wrestle a six min match?

How much do I need to run for me not to get tired in a 6 min wrestling match? I get tired after a minute of wrestling, only if there's no takedown yet. I'm wrestling the 160 class and I don't want to lose because of my condition but I want to win by skill and by tiring out my oppennent. What time should my mile be? How far should I run? 10 miles, 5 miles?

kingkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, this is my first year of wrestling and I know I'm wrestling Junior Varsity and I'm not that strong, I can only bench press 145 and thats my max. I have a lot of fat, and thats the cause of most of my weight. So getting stronger is too late of a choice so I'm resorting to skills and condition on winning matches. I'm not surprised if I'll be winless this season. I'll be ready next season though, I'll be 140 lbs and I might be stronger or I might have the same strength.

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    a few miles for running will be fine like 2 at tops. You want to work on endurance in a medium level and short-term endurance. don't really need to work on long-term as this is a period that is longer than six minutes.
    Ben

SIZMTRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

run for as long as you can...as hard as you can. When you wrestle, you are, or should be, going at 100% the entire match! Therefore your training should emulate your exicution.

you don't practice half speed to try to race at full speed! Focus is key to wrestling. If you are gased, you lose focus. In practice, I have my kids wrestle 18 minute live matches. When they can go 18 minutes in the room I know they can go 7 on the mat!

remember this, no running will ever condition you as well as live wrestling can!! get as much live action as you can! good luck!
    ...you can't handle the truth!!!

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    While I believe that some general training is good to reach a certain standard, the principle of specificity is really important especially for wrestling. You have to practice matches and get yourself in a situation where you are working harder and longer than you will be in a match if possible.
    Ben