Boots754 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boots754 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this a good idea/healthy? "Keto"

I posted a question on this forum once before about carbs, and was told that eighty a day is way to low. I have been doing pretty good on my diet and I am cutting weight quickly. I was looking over the keto logs and saw that many people are only taking in 10-20 carbs a day. Is that healthy to eat so much fat and so few carbs. Most of them stated that they have lost a ton of weight, but I wasn't sure if it would be to healthy. Mainly I am curious because I know that once I drop about another fifteen-twenty pounds I am going to plateau and I was wondering if when I get to that point I should try the keto diets. Currently I am only taking in about 80-100 carbs a day now, so it isn't that bad I guess. My plan is to drop another forty pounds and then do my very first bulk!!! I am afraid that I am going to have trouble dropping that last forty, but we will have to see. My goal is to get my bodyfat under 12% before I start bulking. I know a lot of you have body fat percentages much lower, but I have never been that low.

So, when I get to a point where my weight loss starts to slow (and I know that it will as I drop more weight) should I try the keto thing, or do you guys suggest just sticking with a good diet and good exersise to drop the rest of the body fat?

danebergen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recommend not going down the keto path.

I've done it before and also done a normal weight loss diet and I had more success with the latter.

Firstly, your training suffers a lot and I believe that you lose a fair portion of muscle.

Just stick to low carbs in the morning and cut them out in your last 2 or 3 meals. Keep protein intake high to retain muscle and also make sure you're having a healthy amount of good fats.

Take plenty of l-glutamine to retain your muscle as well as a good multi-vitamin like animal pack.

Do cardio as soon as you wake up and straight after a weights session and you'll drop the fat gradually.

When you hit a plateau just reduce your daily caloric intake by 500.

stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenhyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My only problem with low carb was that because my body was deprived of its primary source of energy, I was pissed off and moody most of the time. Doing keto, allows my body to utilize fat primarily for energy and gives me a somewhat steady source. Plus, I feel much better after I get in keto.
    Blew the knee doing squats....

Boots754 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boots754 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. The last thing I want to do is cut my carbs and get moody since my temper is bad enough anyways. I am kind of afraid to cut my calories when I plateau because I am afraid that I take in to few now, and I am a pretty big guy, 6'3", 251 pounds, but my schedule is pretty jacked up because I work nights. For example, today is my first day off of work. I probably am only taking in 1000 calories today, but from the time I woke up after work until the time I go to bed is only about eleven hours. I try to go to bed early on my first day off so that I don't blow the whole next day by sleeping until noon. Is that going to hurt me, or is it ok since I am going to bed, and not just neglecting my body of food.

Another question, is eating oatmeal in the morning ok, or is it too high in carbs?

used to be aesthetic mike0093_OLDONE's Avatar
    mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Absolutely eat oatmeal in the morning. There's no better time for it. Eat a complete protein source like eggs to go with it.

Originally Posted by mike0093 View Post
    Absolutely eat oatmeal in the morning. There's no better time for it. Eat a complete protein source like eggs to go with it.
    Thanks for the help.