hall_tom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Can't seem to put on any weight !!!

I am a 16 yr old who trains hard regularly 4-5 times a week. I EAT AS MUCH AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE!!!! I am trying to get bigger for rugby, this involves power work. I have been training for the past 2 years. In the first year, I put on a stone and a bit, but from then on, i have been finding it extremely hard to put on any weight. I have tried everything, weight gainers (serious mass), creatine (didn't seem to have any effect on weight or strength), mass tabs (just sampled them) but none seem to be working. I am at the moment eating as much as possible (the good stuff) taking Garnell complex carbs religiously, with Opt. Nutrition 100% whey, and a ZMA supplement from OLIMP. Labs, it just does not seem to be working at all, if anything, i seem to be getting lighter. You might say wait and it will come to you, but for the past year i have not put on any weight i have just fluctuated around a certain weight. I can see that my strength is gradually increasing, but people say with strength comes muscle, but i just don't seem to be gettin any bigger. What is the problem ???
    Last edited by hall_tom; 02-17-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat more.......didnt even read~~

loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    make sure your eating at least 6 meals a day each with 30g protein and at least 60g complex carbs.. go for at least 3000 cals a day. forget about supps just train hard and eat!!

musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how much cardio do you do?
    If you can't take a joke, supplement misc,female misc, teen misc ----------->
    How to get mod repped: post anywhere but on the misc or just join a rep trad...I mean SEAAAAAAAAAAAAA thread ;)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/doihavepotential

Speak your mind, be honest, be real. We're here to have fun so don't take this place to seriously (srs)

Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To be honest, I'd worry more about strength if I were you. If you're having trouble gaining, eat around 600-800 calories above maintenance (rather than 500) and cut back on your cardio.

Make sure you're not wasting precious stomach space on crap like salad and vegetables. Milk, eggs, chicken and fish. Oats and juice. Who needs more?
    gympunk - "Thank God my wife hasn't ever been bothered by cum shooting around."

Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just read the title. Try this, then complain:

Eat nine meals/day excluding 3 gaining shakes @ approx. 900 cals each.
    This account now only serves as an archive.

hall_tom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by musD View Post
    how much cardio do you do?
    I do a reasonable amount of cardio, because the season has pretty much finished for me, although i am still doing some conditioning for my team.

BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurgerPimp07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only read topic, eat more.

calories in>calories out = weight gain, for everyone, nobody is different

kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you arnt gaining up your caliories a little more like 500 and if you dont gain any weight up your calories 500 again and so on.

dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dolz04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by loz86 View Post
    make sure your eating at least 6 meals a day each with 30g protein and at least 60g complex carbs.. go for at least 3000 cals a day. forget about supps just train hard and eat!!
    3000 cals? i would say 4000 minimum, depending on your current weight even more

onyx123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hall_tom View Post
    I am a 16 yr old who trains hard regularly 4-5 times a week. I EAT AS MUCH AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE!!!! I am trying to get bigger for rugby, this involves power work. I have been training for the past 2 years. In the first year, I put on a stone and a bit, but from then on, i have been finding it extremely hard to put on any weight. I have tried everything, weight gainers (serious mass), creatine (didn't seem to have any effect on weight or strength), mass tabs (just sampled them) but none seem to be working. I am at the moment eating as much as possible (the good stuff) taking Garnell complex carbs religiously, with Opt. Nutrition 100% whey, and a ZMA supplement from OLIMP. Labs, it just does not seem to be working at all, if anything, i seem to be getting lighter. You might say wait and it will come to you, but for the past year i have not put on any weight i have just fluctuated around a certain weight. I can see that my strength is gradually increasing, but people say with strength comes muscle, but i just don't seem to be gettin any bigger. What is the problem ???
    eat smaller meals and more often. at least 6 meals a day. drink lots of water too, at least 2 liters a day. the OLIMP supplements are excellent coz im using them too at the moment and results are awesome. another problem could be in ur training, many people think if they gna eat supplements and not train so hard they gna stil grow...bull****...when you take supplements you have to train even harder than those who dnt use supplements.

so i suggest you download some professional training videos of Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, etc. and carefully observe their program as well as how to do each exercise right.

so, TRAIN HARD and you will grow