Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Scivation Xtend and fasted cardio; opinions???

As the title suggests, I'm curious to see what kind of opinions ya'll have about SciVation Xtend. Product info: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html

I'm asking this in reference to fasted cardio. Does anybody have any experience with this product, or how well it works to combat muscle loss caused by the possible catabolic effects of fasted cardio?

I'm very familiar with the science behind fasted cardio and how this product's ingredients could help facilitate the maintenance of muscle tissue while performing light cardio in a fasted or semi-fasted state.... I'd just like to know if anybody has tried this with any positive/negative results

So, any takers? Anybody used this stuff? If you've used it at all, even if not for fasted cardio, I'd still like to hear from you.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its a staple for me I use 4 scoops pr-during cardio and it had done a very nice job preventing muscle loss. I also using 6 scoops during my lifting workout . Xtend has allowed me to recover faster while increasing my endurance during workouts. Top of the line product and a staple for a long time.
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plantedawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you can defiantly feel your muscles get hydrated if you drink xtend/homebrew xtend during cardio, and mmmm no lactase burns during long workouts either

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm certainly going to find out once my surgery rotation begins......
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Xtend is also a staple for me because it works so well, helps me recover from my workouts and pack on mass as well. I have had my best gains since supplementing with xtend. As for the cardio, start sipping the xtend 15 min before cardio and continue sipping throughout cardio. This should work good.
    Last edited by young_squatter; 03-21-2006 at 07:53 AM.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50) B4LL4HOLIC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take 6 scoops during my morning cardio on an empty stomach. I wouldn't have it any other way!
    B4LL4HOLIC's Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=669187

My X-Factor / NHA Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=735863

Interested in other X-Factor / NHA Tester Logs?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=736197

AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ah, great news guys, thanks for the replies. I didnt realize this stuff was so popular.

Bizzump for anybody else to share their thoughts...
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by crazygerman
    I didnt realize this stuff was so popular.
    What is it exactly?

Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

Bizzump

Strength/Condition Coach jdiritto's Avatar
    jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jkeithc82
    What is it exactly?

i heard they put amino acids into there...

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jdiritto
    i heard they put amino acids into there...
    Interesting. Has anyone used this supplement before?
    Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jkeithc82
    Interesting. Has anyone used this supplement before?
    nope...

only monkeys and lab rats thus far. I dont think its designed for human consumption sadly. The monkeys and rats get huge off this stuff tho

Talking

nope...

only monkeys and lab rats thus far. I dont think its designed for human consumption sadly. The monkeys and rats get huge off this stuff tho
    Yes, they did, but they were all on Cell-Tech too, so no wonder they got HOOOG

O/T: Wow, this section moves fast... just an hour since the last post on this thread and already its 4 pages down the list. Cripes, the exercise section (my home) moves A LOT slower than this section...

This whole section must be on Cell-Tech

HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BCAA/EAA/Glutamine are excellent pre, during an post cardio. Especially when performing HIIT where the body will begin to rely more on glycogen for fuel versus fat which is predominant during low and moderate intensity cardio. Either way, I would still recommend always taking a BCAA supplement pre, during and post cardio. For HIIT I would recommend a cup of oats pre WO becuase you are looking for a highly intense workout, and the main goal is to create the after-burn effect aka a higher resting metabolic rate (RMR) for the remainder of the day. In addition to the increased insluin sensitivity of course. At lower intensity, your body will rely solely on fat for energy and thus, the carbs are not necessary pre cardio IMHO.
    Psalms 51:10-13

Originally Posted by HalleluYAH
    BCAA/EAA/Glutamine are excellent pre, during an post cardio. Especially when performing HIIT where the body will begin to rely more on glycogen for fuel versus fat which is predominant during low and moderate intensity cardio. Either way, I would still recommend always taking a BCAA supplement pre, during and post cardio. For HIIT I would recommend a cup of oats pre WO becuase you are looking for a highly intense workout, and the main goal is to create the after-burn effect aka a higher resting metabolic rate (RMR) for the remainder of the day. In addition to the increased insluin sensitivity of course. At lower intensity, your body will rely solely on fat for energy and thus, the carbs are not necessary pre cardio IMHO.
    I'm so sure about the glutamine, I'd rather not waste my money on it. Xtend has some in it, but thats not why I'm looking into it; its the other ingredients I'm wondering about.

HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm so sure about the glutamine, I'd rather not waste my money on it. Xtend has some in it, but thats not why I'm looking into it; its the other ingredients I'm wondering about.
    To each their own, I probably wouldn't pay for glutamine either to be quote honest. Hopefully you got more out of my post than the minute glutamine reference.

Btw, Xtend is an excellent product. It is also priced very reasonably on bb.com.

Just in case you are interested; here is an excellent compliation study article on glutamine: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/c...3632/HTMLSTART
    Last edited by HalleluYAH; 03-22-2006 at 12:31 PM.
    Psalms 51:10-13

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Uhhhhh..........If your taking amino acids, then it's no longer "fasted" cardio.
    I don't know either lol

i had great results megadosing glutamine during a cut last summer ...and intend to repeat this again this summer =)

I believe I was taking something like 10g first thing AM, 10g pre workout, 10g postworkout, 10g prebed - all mixed in to protein shakes

Question

Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    Uhhhhh..........If your taking amino acids, then it's no longer "fasted" cardio.
    ^^^Then why did you recommend taking Xtend to help curb catabolism in your fasted cardio thread?
    i had great results megadosing glutamine during a cut last summer ...and intend to repeat this again this summer =)

I believe I was taking something like 10g first thing AM, 10g pre workout, 10g postworkout, 10g prebed - all mixed in to protein shakes
    ^^^megodosing glut = $$$$

becoming godsized! bodybuilder45's Avatar
    bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i take 3-4 scoops xtend before cardio if its done 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach. to be honest, im not sure if it has helped to keep LBM but it makes me feel much better about myself.

^^^megodosing glut = $$$$
    results are worth $$$$

bulk glutamine isnt even that expensive

results are worth $$$$

bulk glutamine isnt even that expensive
    No, its not, but Im not convinced of its effectiveness when taken orally or at managable doses. The only studies Ive seen *proving its effectiveness have been with burn victims taking it IV in HUGE doses. That doesnt fly with me. But, I have used it, and I have to admit, there was a bit of a placebo effect in that I felt better knowing I was taking it, even if it really wasnt doing anything.

Got any literature proving its effectiveness? I, and many other people here, would LOVE to see that.

no.. and if literature says it doesnt do jack, but if i continue to see results when megadosing, i will occasionly use it

- i believe their are studies that show glutamine before bed is beneficial..raises gh during sleep or something? idk and i dont care enough to search for it, theres a ton of glutamine threads, its a pretty split issue among the boards..

from the bb.com writeup for glutamine...
    a recent study showed up to a 400% increase in growth-hormone levels when as little as 2 grams of free-form L-glutamine supplement was consumed!

no.. and if literature says it doesnt do jack, but if i continue to see results when megadosing, i will occasionly use it

- i believe their are studies that show glutamine before bed is beneficial..raises gh during sleep or something? idk and i dont care enough to search for it, theres a ton of glutamine threads, its a pretty split issue among the boards..

from the bb.com writeup for glutamine...
    a recent study showed up to a 400% increase in growth-hormone levels when as little as 2 grams of free-form L-glutamine supplement was consumed!
    eh... I'm still on the fence too