erico30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Oatmeal before bed?

Is oatmeal ok to eat before bed If I am trying to lower my bodyfat%. I would be eating it Like 3 hours before bed.

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by erico30
    Is oatmeal ok to eat before bed If I am trying to lower my bodyfat%. I would be eating it Like 3 hours before bed.
    Lowering your bodyfat% has to due with whether or not you are creating a calorie deficit. Likewise, you want to keep as much LBM as possible while losing the fat. It is always encouraged you should eat ~6 meals a day no more than 3 hours apart, with a bedtime snack/meal (consisting of a slow digesting protein & healthy fats) to keep your metabolism running. Take into account every meal AND the bedtime snack/meal, create a new diet for yourself, and go on from there.

I am eating 6 healthy small meals a day while doing plenty of cardio and also lifting weights. I am just wondering if Oatmeal is a bad meal to eat before bed because of all the carbs

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am eating 6 healthy small meals a day while doing plenty of cardio and also lifting weights. I am just wondering if Oatmeal is a bad meal to eat before bed because of all the carbs
    This should have been your first post, lol.

Mix in some casein protein powder with your oatmeal and it sounds like a great bedtime meal.

JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you having trouble putting on weight/fat?? If so, don't sweat it. Eat the stuff. If you have a propensity to gaining weight easily, eat something else. Maybe milk, whey and fruit or something.

( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well, i have never really tried to put on weight. I have always kind of looked the same. I have a small layer of fat covering my abs that i want to get rid of. I can feel my abs on my stomach and can see them pretty well. I just have to lower my body fat %

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well if you're cutting I wouldn't necessarily recommend it but that doesn't mean it's bad or will cause any negative effects on you personally. Like someone else said if it ain't broke don't fix it.

popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Because you eat carbs before you go to bed doesn't mean you will gain fat because of that certain time. It's the total amount of calories on a day you have to think of.
    "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." - Anonymous

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by popcorndrink
    Because you eat carbs before you go to bed doesn't mean you will gain fat because of that certain time. It's the total amount of calories on a day you have to think of.
    What do you think your body does? Wait until you go to bed then add up the day's totals and say "oh looks like we're under our expenditure so I'll burn off some stored fat"?? No, it works on demand. What it needs at that time and what you feed it. Eating a carb rich meal like oatmeal at a time of extreme lethargy is only going to cause you to store it as fat. Now, if this were PWO that would be a very different story as there is the need for them. You don't want that insulin spike that late in the day.

It's not so much of how much you eat, but when you eat it that is key for both gaining mass and losing fat.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popcorndrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    What do you think your body does? Wait until you go to bed then add up the day's totals and say "oh looks like we're under our expenditure so I'll burn off some stored fat"?? No, it works on demand. What it needs at that time and what you feed it. Eating a carb rich meal like oatmeal at a time of extreme lethargy is only going to cause you to store it as fat. Now, if this were PWO that would be a very different story as there is the need for them. You don't want that insulin spike that late in the day.

It's not so much of how much you eat, but when you eat it that is key for both gaining mass and losing fat.
    If he works out it's good with some carbs before bedtime. Your body needs energy during the night and if he works out it wont be stored as fat.
    Last edited by popcorndrink; 03-15-2006 at 06:35 AM.
    "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." - Anonymous

Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oatmeal is one of the best carbs you can eat........these guys who think carbs at night are the devil and should be avoided like the plague know nothing about nutrition........The gycemix index of carbs is the key.....lower the better

Oatmeal is slow burning carb excellant for night time and if your diet is clean and ur doing cardio no way in hell is that being stored as fat during the night......

My night time meal
    6 egg whites
    1/2 cup of Oatmeal
    Micellar casein shake

and if I wake up to piss at 3 or 4am or my daughters wake up from a bad dream or something I'll scoot down to the frig and have a teaspn of nat PB

rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Pump_30
    Oatmeal is one of the best carbs you can eat........these guys who think carbs at night are the devil and should be avoided like the plague know nothing about nutrition........The gycemix index of carbs is the key.....lower the better

Oatmeal is slow burning carb excellant for night time and if your diet is clean and ur doing cardio no way in hell is that being stored as fat during the night......

My night time meal
    6 egg whites
    1/2 cup of Oatmeal
    Micellar casein shake

and if I wake up to piss at 3 or 4am or my daughters wake up from a bad dream or something I'll scoot down to the frig and have a teaspn of nat PB
    i'll second this post.
    Make it a great day!