cdnmuscledude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Questions of Bulking

Okay. This is the first post ever on bb.com. I've got some questions regarding bulking.

I'm 25, 5'11, 186lbs. I've been working out now for 3 or 4 years...on and off. A few years a go, I did the Body for Life and reduced my weight to about 160lbs. Despite the fact that I had great definition, I wasn't happy with my size.

I started a program to bulk up this past September. Over the last couple of years, my weight had been pretty consistent at about 175 before I finally reached my present weight this past fall. I want to continue to bulk up until mid-May when I'm hoping to begin a cut phase for the summer.

Now, for the questions.

Since September, I have changed my workout from a split of Legs/Shoulders, Chest/Tris, Back/Bis, plus abs routine to a specialization routine where I work out just one part per week. I've been trying to bulk and have been told to lay off the cardio for awhile.

Someone told me that the best thing to do in gaining size is the big three: deadlifts, squats, and bench press. Is this true? Have I been wasting my time doing all this extra stuff in the gym?

In fact, the guy said I should be doing the big 3 three times a week; 5 sets of 5 reps with longer breaks (>1-2minutes).

What I'm asking for is some advice. As I said, I want to bulk until mid-May. I'm taking protein for mass, eating 6 times a day and keeping a proper diet. It has worked...I mean I've gained some size. But will I have better results if I switch from specialization to the big 3?

If so, how would I implement this workout? Can someone give me a workout regimen that incorporates the big three and works? What about the other parts of my body? (ie...bis, tris, abs, shoulders) Does cardio play a role?

Anyway, all advice is greatly appreciated. The more concise, the better.

If you need pics, I can arrange that too.

Thanks a lot!

chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Read this page thoroughly and do exactly what it says. Given a caloric excess, you will gain mass. You will love training more frequently. Good luck!

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...Linear_5x5.htm