Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doing Classic Lifts With Stones

Hello, I am interested in adapting some of the classic lifts (mostly deadlift and C&J) to stonelifting.

Firstly, if I lift a large stone from the ground, is this by definition a deadlift, not a squat, no matter how much I bend my knees? Normally, I keep my shoulders down and back, and keep my head up to keep back hyperextended. Any adjustments to this form?

The Clean and Jerk should be a pretty obvious adaptation, except that when you grab a stone from the ground, you need to get a little lower than you would for a bar.

Is a snatch feasible for stonelifting?

I appreciate any ideas that come this way.
    It's spoze to be hard. That's why they call it a workout.

chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why do you want to do barbell lifts with stones?

I think doing stone lifts the way they do them in strongman comps is great, it will help your deadlift, and mabye your squat. You dont want to arch your back when you do it, rounding out is fine, and you will find you wont be able to lift a heavy stone with an arched back.

video of training partners doing some stones lifts: http://media.putfile.com/WIll-doing-the-stones

http://media.putfile.com/Stone-lifting14
    Charlie Telesco
    220lb Junior Powerlifter
    1757 total
    661 sq
    518 b
    578 dl

University of California at Santa Cruz

Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arching = hyperextension
    Rounding = flexion
    Is this right? I would think you'd want to be more hyperextended than flexed. I'll try it. Thanks.

The videos are cool, but they're really "feats" rather than workouts, aren't they?

aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Stone bench press.

ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just practice stone loading onto a 5'-6' platform or practice 'shouldering' stones i.e. loading them onto one of your shoulders and then putting it down.
    Sam Parker
    First British lifter to total 1000kg raw
    420kg squat/260kg bench/340kg pull

Originally Posted by chuckt
    why do you want to do barbell lifts with stones?
    There's something viscerally challenging about about hoisting high a stone, a frozen drop of primordial magma, dripping with moss and lichen, a random lump of unknown weight, not balanced or provided with non-slip handles for a human's lifting convenience, but a piece of chaotic creation, dredged from the very core of the earth itself!

Also, it's cheaper.