Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    well, you can look at the picture of me, its right above the weight and height....I don't think I look like an everyday guy...I certainly get outmassed by big guys and my placings suffer for it, and I'm actually a tad bit small even for natty comps, but they don't weigh you on stage, I dont think I look like a swimmer in my shots, but hey I definitely acknowledge I need more mass....I'm an ecto it aint like I'm not trying.
    Ya, I should of reworded the post...thats why I added the CAPS statement.

You look extremely lean to me and fit but like I dunno if I think you need to necessarily use weights to obtain that sort of look is what I meant.

To me you look good for sure...just not really like what I would describe as a bodybuilder...maybe its just genetics? Im not lankily built so maybe thats it.

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zaxx19 View Post

You look extremely lean to me and fit but like I dunno if I think you need to necessarily use weights to obtain that sort of look is what I meant.

To me you look good for sure...just not really like what I would describe as a bodybuilder...maybe its just genetics? Im not lankily built so maybe thats it.
    dude, it was his first contest
    you do a contest, then get sponsored by a supp company then come back
    see you in a loooong time

Shredboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only hate I ever see in anything ever related to Frank Zane is big guys who cant achieve that sort of condition or symmetry. Im 6'1" 235 , and I admire his physique just as much as any Mass monster. Zane is almost art sprung to life.

musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by timmy47 View Post
    im not sure. i can still see my abs so anywhere from 10-15% i guess? i dont really have anyway to measure.

found another pic of zane.
    its funny that he has only four abs, just like me=]

DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Many women find Frank Zanes physique sexy some women even say his body is too perfect.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

found today's motivation

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DaHooligan View Post
    Many women find Frank Zanes physique sexy some women even say his body is too perfect.
    That is good to know
    On the list for Bannukah

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by coldfusion71 View Post
    when people are talking about his size they are talking in relation to other bodybuilders. alot of natural guys look better than him and have the same weight, so in that way his physique is not impressive, nor does it stand the test of time.
    Many naturals may have similar weight but i disagree with the rest as usual.

What set Zane apart was his proportions. That pic of him next to Franco he actually looks bigger overall then Franco. This is because he had among the best proportion and shape around which gave the illusion of him looking larger then his weight we he will talk about on just about any interview. Others that fall in this philosophy include Labrada and Paris both who placed very high in the Olympia despite prolly weighing less then you!

Ive said it before, alot of bodybuilding is genetics. Many people can attain Zanes size, but his proportion and shape is a rarity combined with his conditioning and thats why he was Mr Olympia.

How many pros today have the proportion of Zane? Not to many if any at all. Prolly the last guy to have them and finishing high was Ray.
    Last edited by Guardian; 05-16-2007 at 04:14 PM.

DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Many naturals may have similar weight but i agree with the rest as usual.

What set Zane apart was his proportions. That pic of him next to Franco he actually looks bigger overall then Franco. This is because he had among the best proportion and shape around which gave the illusion of him looking larger then his weight we he will talk about on just about any interview. Others that fall in this philosophy include Labrada and Paris both who placed very high in the Olympia despite prolly weighing less then you!

Ive said it before, alot of bodybuilding is genetics. Many people can attain Zanes size, but his proportion and shape is a rarity combined with his conditioning and thats why he was Mr Olympia.

How many pros today have the proportion of Zane? Not to many if any at all. Prolly the last guy to have them and finishing high was Ray.
    Exactly! thats why so many women love his body he was built like one of those greek satues his proportioned body was insane...people usually have one stronger body part then the other, or longer arms, shorter legs, etc...but he was level all the way around his whole body stood out instead of just 1 part.

and lol at cold fusion saying many naturals look better then zane? amazing because not many pros looked better then zane.

Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    w00t i have the same wrist and ankle measurements as zane

gotta improve everything else though lol...

JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Zane's size is entirely obtainable, I see bigger members on this site all the time. I honestly don't understand the appeal of Zane or Labrada.
    Eat like a horse
    Train like a bull
    Rest like the dead

Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JasonRocker View Post
    Zane's size is entirely obtainable, I see bigger members on this site all the time. I honestly don't understand the appeal of Zane or Labrada.

Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anyone here think they can get to his size naturally? Just sayin...

worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by o_rly????? View Post
    You guys need to keep in mind that Zane was a force when guys like Sergio, Arnold, Draper, Robinson, and Columbu, dominated the scene. Ferrigno was a late comer, but the point is that this guy was not a small man. Look at pictures of him in the off season.

The difference is that when he cut down and his genetics were revealed he had smaller bones, joints and bellies than a lot of the other pros.

The reason he is so revered today is that most guys with average or ecto genetics can relate to him so well. They feel that if he could do it why can't they. I'd be shocked though if his arms in contest shape were over 18" no matter how good he looked.

Zane was a balanced muscular physique. In 1980, coming off a very serious injury he was vulnerable to Arnold and frankly Arnold knew it. Had Zane NOT had that injury, I put my money that Arnold would never even have competed. Zane was never able to get back his previous form even after that. But, he is still one of the greats.
    Frank had a the type of body that females liked.
    Wiz

I don't use Bowflex. The Bowflex is lame. I only workout on the original Chuck Norris Total Body Gym. It's hardcore!

worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Heiber View Post
    Females.
    Wiz

I don't use Bowflex. The Bowflex is lame. I only workout on the original Chuck Norris Total Body Gym. It's hardcore!

antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    waiting for the markus ruhl / frank zane pic

weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tonich03 View Post
    It amazes me when people post this pic to point how small he is, and actually he looks better than franco there IMHO! He looks big too.
    Franco is a short man. Quite the disadvantage on a stage. He would kick anyone's butt in strength any day of the week.

bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bionic Redneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by worldofwiz View Post
    Females.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126915643&p=669042051&viewfull=1#post669042051
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \

JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonRocker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bionic Redneck View Post

The last picture is the only picture of Zane I've ever been interested by.
    Eat like a horse
    Train like a bull
    Rest like the dead

andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andydriffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tek. View Post
    16-16.5" arms
    46" chest
    30" waist
    13-13.5" forearms
    26.5-27" quads
    15.5-16" calves

and shredded/conditioned to **** id say, guys farrr from big but extremely conditioned
    yea he had a wider waist than melvin and the gift thats bs if you ask me

musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000)

you have a very unsophisticated view on bodybuilding and its obviously because you lack knowledge about it.

You seem to focus on size only, but i asure you, even though you might be big, and even if you do have a low percentage of bodyfat, which i doubt, but even if you do, you probably lack proportion which is one of the hardest part to get, and another thing would be that you lack the shape of the muscle, yes you can have 21inch arms, but do your arms look good, or are they just puffy, do you have the bicep/tricep split, is your outerbicep as big as your innerbicep, is your horseshoe tricep discustingly visible? does your lower chest match your upper chest? How is your back? do you ahve a wide back but no definition , do you have a christmas tree? I DONT think so.

your big and unpolished. and you are critisizing a kid who is a real bodybuilder who has much better proportions than you. See thats bodybuilding , when you make your body very balanced and proportional with good muscleshape.

furthermore , please you dont think you need to use weights to achieve his physique, when were you born yesterday? you obviously dont see the details that are so hard to bring out. without weight training it would be impossible.

PS. if you wanna call me out on everything i have accused you of, PLEASE i beg you post your pictures and prove me wrong.

and another thing, its about sculpting your body, not to just get big. SO
    open your eyes!

markjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MP's reply makes me really happy nice!

Registered Foam Roller BigChamp89's Avatar
    BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bionic Redneck View Post

wow strong lighting

Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by musclePavel View Post
    you have a very unsophisticated view on bodybuilding and its obviously because you lack knowledge about it.

You seem to focus on size only, but i asure you, even though you might be big, and even if you do have a low percentage of bodyfat, which i doubt, but even if you do, you probably lack proportion which is one of the hardest part to get, and another thing would be that you lack the shape of the muscle, yes you can have 21inch arms, but do your arms look good, or are they just puffy, do you have the bicep/tricep split, is your outerbicep as big as your innerbicep, is your horseshoe tricep discustingly visible? does your lower chest match your upper chest? How is your back? do you ahve a wide back but no definition , do you have a christmas tree? I DONT think so.
    your big and unpolished. and you are critisizing a kid who is a real bodybuilder who has much better proportions than you. See thats bodybuilding , when you make your body very balanced and proportional with good muscleshape.

furthermore , please you dont think you need to use weights to achieve his physique, when were you born yesterday? you obviously dont see the details that are so hard to bring out. without weight training it would be impossible.

PS. if you wanna call me out on everything i have accused you of, PLEASE i beg you post your pictures and prove me wrong.

and another thing, its about sculpting your body, not to just get big. SO
    open your eyes!
    I dunno, considering it says the guy has been lifting for 6 years he has a fairly unimpressive physique. Also 15,000 posts on a bodybuilding forum you'd think you'd get some decent knowledge in that time as well, but obviously he isn't applying it.

Blwanyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blwanyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blwanyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blwanyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blwanyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blwanyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blwanyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

One of three

Zane beat Arnold! Dose anything else have to be said!?!?

flexanderson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Frank Zane is 5' 9", with an off-season weight of 200 lbs. His contest weight ranged between 185-191 lbs. During competitive times, his arms measured 18", neck 17.5", chest 50", waist 29", thighs 26" and calves 16 1/2".

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RoidRooster View Post
    im sure that size wont be that hard to obtain, id say he looks about 15stone there??
    Lmao.

"Not hard to obtain" Posted in 2006, still looks nothing like Frank Zane.

Chin up and stop crying. Zachary533's Avatar
    Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Lmao.

"Not hard to obtain" Posted in 2006, still looks nothing like Frank Zane.
    Easy to criticise online, but when work comes calling-obviously was too hard haha
    *Advanced 5/3/1 lifts, aiming for Elite*

albertoschof has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Zanes arm size

In arnolds encyclopedia he mentions when zane beat him and says he had 17'' arms at the time, in typical arnold pisstakign fashion lol! and peopel commenting that he wasnt that big, id like to see you match that physique.

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by albertoschof View Post
    In arnolds encyclopedia he mentions when zane beat him and says he had 17'' arms at the time, in typical arnold pisstakign fashion lol! and peopel commenting that he wasnt that big, id like to see you match that physique.
    Zane had a very pleasing physique. Great lines, flow, etc. But he wasn't that big comparatively to today's standards. You can find gymrats who have more LBM at the same height, but they won't have the same look as Zane.