iverson2k10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am cutting to lose weight and i like to know how safe is Peanut Butter?

i here its very good for you, i just know how safe is it. anyone care for some receipes so i can make a lunch/snack or something cuz im missing some meals on my diet plan

Meal 1
    1 Cup of Oatmeal with Water, 2 egg whites

Meal 2
    Water down Tuna/White Bread or Turkey, cheese Sandwhich with either a Banana or apple

Meal 3
    Whey Protien Shake

Meal 4
    Skinless Chicken Breast with a cup of String beans

Meal 5
    Whey Protien

and of course a Gal of water thought the day

youngchrisss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youngchrisss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youngchrisss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youngchrisss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youngchrisss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youngchrisss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youngchrisss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youngchrisss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by iverson2k10 View Post
    i here its very good for you, i just know how safe is it. anyone care for some receipes so i can make a lunch/snack or something cuz im missing some meals on my diet plan

Meal 1

Meal 2
    Water down Tuna/White Bread or Turkey, cheese Sandwhich with either a Banana or apple

Meal 3
    Whey Protien Shake

Meal 4

Meal 5
    Whey Protien
    meal 1- good but i dont see how you function on that little of food haha, needs more protein though, and some fat
    meal 2- white bread is a big no no, go whole wheat, i guess cheese is ok.. everything in moderation but sounds good, if you go with cheese sandwich you need more protein though
    meal 3- i guess thats ok, i mean its not really a meal, whey protein shakes are low in calories and low in fat so its not a complete meal
    meal 4- sounds good, once again not very much food haha
    meal 5- good thing to take before bed

if you are working out and only getting this amount of food i dont know how your doing it haha. Thats probably not even 2000 calories and if your lifting and working out hard your burning a ton off. But its all up to you.

oh and yes peanut butter is great, on meals where you need some more protein and fat throw some natural peanut butter in there. Peanut butter in my opinion is a great food source and delicious, i can eat it just with a spoon haha, but yes peanut butter is fine, make sure its natural though. Even though jif or skippy arent even that bad.
    Last edited by youngchrisss; 03-25-2008 at 10:06 AM.
    138 pounds.. bigger than i sound

Originally Posted by youngchrisss View Post
    meal 1- good but i dont see how you function on that little of food haha, needs more protein though, and some fat
    meal 2- white bread is a big no no, go whole wheat, i guess cheese is ok.. everything in moderation but sounds good, if you go with cheese sandwich you need more protein though
    meal 3- i guess thats ok, i mean its not really a meal, whey protein shakes are low in calories and low in fat so its not a complete meal
    meal 4- sounds good, once again not very much food haha
    meal 5- good thing to take before bed

if you are working out and only getting this amount of food i dont know how your doing it haha. Thats probably not even 2000 calories and if your lifting and working out hard your burning a ton off. But its all up to you.

oh and yes peanut butter is great, on meals where you need some more protein and fat throw some natural peanut butter in there. Peanut butter in my opinion is a great food source and delicious, i can eat it just with a spoon haha, but yes peanut butter is fine, make sure its natural though. Even though jif or skippy arent even that bad.

thats bro for the correction but on the white bread, i ment wheat bread lol Opps(typo). I know the meals aint enough so i was hoping i could have some recomendations cuz i know they aint complete ,even tho there not effecting my gym performance... its basically 20min running on the treadmill 250cals burn and 2.5miles, Monday-friday chest/tris. back/bis..... shoulders/legs.... and 1 freeweight day been at for about 10months but BF performance has lacked because of My addiction to junk food, but for the past 3weeks ive been on this strict diet and i feel 10x better.

currently 202lb @ 5'10 Goal 185lb

Registered User deadgearsrising's Avatar
    deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Meal 1
    Add in some more protein, like a scoop of whey in your oats, or a couple more eggs. Don't neglect the yolks, they're important!

Meal 2
    If you really want the fruit, have it PWO if it's a banana, or pre-WO if it's an apple. Whole wheat bread, Tuna/Turkey is fine.

Meal 3
    Whey Protien Shake
    Try to get whole food here. You're looking at maybe 150 cals, unless you're having more than one scoop, at which point it's too expensive for that. Maybe another Whole wheat sandwich, or cheese sticks with some kind of meat.

Meal 4
    This one seems pretty good, could have some brown rice/whole wheat pasta, just make sure it's around the cals of the other meals.

Meal 5
    Whey Protien
    Try having some casein powder for before bed, or some CC. Also have some kind of healthy fat(peanut butter is great here) in addition, so the absorption is slower. Really, any protein+healthy fat works great here.

Could have more, if you're having all that whey. It'll help out your kidneys.
    Suggestions in bold.

Peanut butter is fine, just keep in mind it should be natural, Skippy makes a natural that is awesome. You could add in another meal, but it's not really necessary, unless you're counting meal 3 as PWO, then you should have another. Try to have mostly whole foods, with shakes as a last resort. A good idea would be to have breakfast and PWO your largest meals, with the rest around even, if possible, and pre-bed slightly smaller. Good luck.

Rock Chalk JayHawk!! Eyeamfireproof's Avatar
    Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyeamfireproof is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why does everyone suggest natural PB? I was comparing regular jiffy PB and the natural brands, and there was little to no difference. they had the same amount of protein and sat. fats, while the regular had about 30-40 less calories in it. Can someone shed some light on this?
    "Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy."

deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eyeamfireproof, natural is a better choice because they don't contain the hydrogenated oils found in regular brands, and they seem to have less artificial sugars. Basically, check the ingredient list, not just the nutrition facts panel.

Hydrogenating oils strips away the "good" fats, like omega 3's and 6's, and leaves behind the rest, so those oils are good to avoid.

Also, considering that most natural brands are about the same price anyway, why NOT switch?

MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500) MUthrows94 is not very helpful. (-500)

Are you trying to say that high protein diets are hard on your kidneys?? If so that is a false statement!

ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by deadgearsrising View Post
    Suggestions in bold.

Peanut butter is fine, just keep in mind it should be natural, Skippy makes a natural that is awesome. You could add in another meal, but it's not really necessary, unless you're counting meal 3 as PWO, then you should have another. Try to have mostly whole foods, with shakes as a last resort. A good idea would be to have breakfast and PWO your largest meals, with the rest around even, if possible, and pre-bed slightly smaller. Good luck.
    strong post, totally agreed. Repped on recharge

effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    is that a good enough number if calls for your weight? It seems like too little

echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000) echelon101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    how safe is Peanut Butter?
    If mixed with fertiliser it makes a high yield isotope that can wipe out an area the size of New Jersey

.....in other words as longs as it fits your macros what's the fuss?
    5% at myprotein.co.uk with MP56406

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu1.htm
    FDA Approved Diet Declarations

"Funny how you can change your "genetics" when you drop the self-directed bull**** and really tighten up your diet, huh?"

Post Workout Template:

Mass Gainer
    2g/kg (1 grams per pound) of carbs
    0.5 g/kg (0.25 grams per pound) of protein.

Lose body fat,
    0.5 g/kg (about .25 grams per pound). of carbs
    0.5 g/kg (0.25 grams per pound) of protein.

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't think you've elimenated every gram of fat in your diet, try harder. j/k

Originally Posted by MUthrows94 View Post

Are you trying to say that high protein diets are hard on your kidneys?? If so that is a false statement!
    No, but the water will help the kidneys process it. At least that's what I've heard.

-Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your cutting then my advise would be to stay away from peanut butter

Sure it tastes good but I find that cutting without peanut butter is more effective.

For cutters, the main goal would be fatloss, dont worry about slowing down digestion while your sleeping with peanut butter.
    Reps 4 life: SYRIANKID

DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Arabian_Ninja View Post
    If your cutting then my advise would be to stay away from peanut butter

Sure it tastes good but I find that cutting without peanut butter is more effective.

For cutters, the main goal would be fatloss, dont worry about slowing down digestion while your sleeping with peanut butter.
    The only reason I would stay away from peanut butter is if you habitually overeat it because it's so damned luscious! The idea that eating fat = gaining fat is a misconception; eating excess calories is what leads to weight gain.

-Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000) -Foxhound- is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DaBair View Post
    The only reason I would stay away from peanut butter is if you habitually overeat it because it's so damned luscious! The idea that eating fat = gaining fat is a misconception; eating excess calories is what leads to weight gain.
    True

I tried both routes but I find that while cutting, its more effective to stay away from it because you simply dont have enough space for it in your diet but If you can fit it, without interfering with your carb and protein intake then its perfectly fine.
    Reps 4 life: SYRIANKID

i jjust got owned i thought i was doing a good job but i the whey protien the store clerk gave me has to be wrong cuz i read this warning label on the bottom that says "not use for weight reduction"........... all thjat hard work for nothing..

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    i jjust got owned i thought i was doing a good job but i the whey protien the store clerk gave me has to be wrong cuz i read this warning label on the bottom that says "not use for weight reduction"........... all thjat hard work for nothing..
    ...um, LOL?

If you're not kidding, *sigh*
    it just means don't use it like slimfast.

Your diet needs more food, especially fats btw.
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not enough food, you don't want to go much below 1800-1900 calories. I'd suggest doing the 20/20/40 diet. Search the forums.

cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    not enough food, you don't want to go much below 1800-1900 calories. I'd suggest doing the 20/20/40 diet. Search the forums.
    20/20/40 doesn't add up...

do you mean 30/30/40???
    ---- COUNTRY MIKE APPRECIATION CREW ----

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cbs View Post

do you mean 30/30/40???
    maybe 20/20/40/20 f/c/p/alcohol ?

Originally Posted by cbs View Post

do you mean 30/30/40???
    im pretty newb on those numbers, i tried searching for what it ment but i couldnt find anything. But yea as for my wieght loss ive lost about 5-4lb(currently 201lb) in the past 2 weeks which consist of the same excersize routine ive always had, lets see if i can go past 200lb-197lb because thats my platea stage. i stayed there for months but thats because i was eating horrible, but now have this diet so i hope it defeats it

Mon-Thurs Chest/tris, Back/bis, shoulders/legs. and 20min cardio 2.5miles 250cal burned and on off days i do 20min HIIT.

Daily Supplements: 4 capsules of Fish Oil, 2 hydroxycut, 2 vitaman pills.

and also Whey Protien Meal replacements which i am concerned about because i was reading the label yesterday i couldnt help to notice all the Stats on it and when i read the fine print " for muscle mass, Do Not for weight reduction". So im debating if this should be my last day to use it

spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50) spshond will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bulking is the easy part, cutting is hard as hell. Summer is almost here and I would like to get to approximately 175 lbs. Current stats 5'10" 192 lbs without creatine.

I use Smart Choice Peanut Butter, I probably have 2 tablespoons every other day, just to remind me what the good stuff is like. Wheat Bread, Natures Own, yummy with some Smart Choice spread, about a teaspoon, once every other day as well. Iam cutting down as well and liking the results thus far. The only thing I hate is I got off of the creatine, saw what I really weighed, and got back on it about 1 week later and shot up 5 lbs. I know that this is water retention but it sucks. I will give you an example, this morning I ate 3 egg white beaters from costco, 2 slices of 99% lean costco ham in the eggs, a slice of wheat bread with a teaspoon of smart choice spread, and 3 sccops of my whey protein. in 1 hour iam headed to the gym for a very hard leg day. Sauna for 30 minutes. After workout, I love my glyco maize with purple wrath.

While on all of this my supplementation consists of:
    Orange Triad
    PW, GM, GG
    Anabolic Extreme Stack, Mass FX MS, Retain2, and Hx2.

Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    im pretty newb on those numbers, i tried searching for what it ment but i couldnt find anything. But yea as for my wieght loss ive lost about 5-4lb(currently 201lb) in the past 2 weeks which consist of the same excersize routine ive always had, lets see if i can go past 200lb-197lb because thats my platea stage. i stayed there for months but thats because i was eating horrible, but now have this diet so i hope it defeats it

Mon-Thurs Chest/tris, Back/bis, shoulders/legs. and 20min cardio 2.5miles 250cal burned and on off days i do 20min HIIT.

Daily Supplements: 4 capsules of Fish Oil, 2 hydroxycut, 2 vitaman pills.

and also Whey Protien Meal replacements which i am concerned about because i was reading the label yesterday i couldnt help to notice all the Stats on it and when i read the fine print " for muscle mass, Do Not for weight reduction". So im debating if this should be my last day to use it
    what's the nutritional info of the protein powder? that's the important part.

challenge yourself on the cardio. doing the exact same thing every time is like lifting the exact same amount of weight every time. try and increase the duration or the intensity of your cardio (average heart rate) or the # of miles you are running, weekly.

add some protein to your first meal, change meal 5 to cottage cheese and peanut butter or some nuts

add some carbs to meal three, when do you work out? try and base your food intake on your workouts schedule (carbs around workouts, fats at other times)

i got extremely lean by upping both my calorie intake and my expenditure. i don't recommend you do what i do necessarily but just for comparisons sake, i eat between 3500-4500 calories a day depending on my exercise schedule. don't be afraid of food but imo 20 minutes of jogging is barely cardio at all.