Thread: Home cardio...

LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Home cardio...

I'm wanting to buy some cardio equiptment for the house. I do all my lifting at the gym, but I want to do cardio at home so I can watch my choice of TV. Anyhow, I don't THINK that I need to get top o'the line cardio equiptment since I'll only be using it 30-40 minutes 4 times a week (while cutting). My question is, I'm not sure what brand/style/quality to get. I think that I can get a good one that will suit my needs for 300 to 400 dollars. Am I way off here? I went to Dick's to see the selection, they had many types. Anyone have a brand/model they suggest?
    LycanR

Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This link guided me in the right direction and I'm sure it will you too:
    http://www.consumersearch.com/www/he...ory.html#intro

Towards the bottom it says:

"If you're looking for a lower-priced bike packed with features, Blake Bissaillion of Building Muscle 101.com recommends the ProForm CrossTrainer 55 recumbent bike (*est. $450) as the best bike in its price range because of two unique features: The seat converts to a weightlifting bench with a small weight rack underneath, and this bike has iFit technology, which allows you to download workouts from the Internet, in addition to the six pre-programmed workouts already installed. A check of the manufacturer's Web site shows that this model's name has been changed to CardioTrainer 55. This bike has a fan in the console to keep you cool while riding, and it has handgrip heart-rate sensors."

It says est $450 but thats a little outdated. Now you can get them for $299. Just do a google search for Cardio Trainer 55.
    Last edited by Krikey187; 03-12-2006 at 05:52 PM.

hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can PM me if you want to get any of the Nordictrack line of treadmills, ellipticals, or bikes

I can help you
    "Lift hard or go home"

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift heavy ass weight"

alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexleon13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    advantage fitness... and by the way if your looking for quality cardio for a good calories drop and a good sweat then you can never go wrong with stationary bikes, i tend to get my feet cramped when i do tredmail but never with stationary bikes and you loose equal amount of calories, good luck and have fun with 'em.
    D.M.X - I Show No Love To Homo ThugZ.

LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Thanks for the info

I'll look into all of those -- thanks for the advice.
    LycanR

^^Is Part of a Song Title 101101's Avatar
    101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd suggest getting some stickers and placing them to do dot drills (there is an article on the site, if you're interested let me know I'll try and find it) to mix it up. It shouldn't take long either, in case you don't feel like doing 30 minutes worth of cardio.

Also buy a jump rope.
    Dr. Tabata used a bike not sure if it was recumbant (sp?) or not though...
    Ellipticals are good, Precor makes nice ones but with quality comes the price and they are over 400 by a long shot. Nordic track might have something competitive to offer though.
    "Methods are many, and principles are few. Methods often change, but principles never do."
    α ω