Thread: Deload Week

jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jtbmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deload Week

What do most do on a deload week. I have been going at it strong for 8 weeks and feel I need a week off. In the past I would still go to the gym but do about half the weight. I am cutting right now so I was considering just doing cardio for the week. Any suggestions?

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Options

1- Cut Intensity
    2-Cut Volume
    3- Cut both
    4- Take time off
    5- Do other active rest
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jtbmoore View Post
    What do most do on a deload week. I have been going at it strong for 8 weeks and feel I need a week off. In the past I would still go to the gym but do about half the weight. I am cutting right now so I was considering just doing cardio for the week. Any suggestions?
    A good rule of thumb is to cut volume and frequency by 1/3. Maintain your intensity (weight used). You may want to use higher reps (still using relatively difficult weights).
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.