Closed Thread
    Jon805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Is my ******** prescription going to affect my program?

Quickly, I am?
    Height: 6?3
    Weight:165
    Diet: Healthy, w/ 1 protein shake before the gym

I?m in grad school, so time to exercise is precious. I?m basically a newbie that is skinny with no definition. My skinniness is a side affect of appetite suppression from my prescription for ********. Before you ask, yes, my use is legitimate and no, I do not abuse it. So what I want to know is whether ******** will negatively affect my work out program? Will the drug eat away at my muscle gains? Any advice would be helpful.
    Thank you,
    Jon

Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bujumbles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive been on adderal for about a year and a half and it didnt effect my lifting gains in the least. keep in mind everyon has different biochemistry so dont take my word for it. it can have some side effects that could very much effect your program though:
    fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;

feeling light-headed, fainting;

increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure); or

tremor, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches).

Less serious side effects may include:

headache or dizziness;

sleep problems (insomnia);

dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth;

diarrhea, constipation;

loss of appetite, weight loss; or

loss of interest in sex, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm

getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getmass607 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    adderal decreases hormone and testosterone levels, so yes it will affect the rate of strength gains and muscle growth, i would know i was on it for ADHD and it not only killed my heart but affected my moods to workout, be warned, it is a very powerful stimulate, i hated it, ever since i havent been on it, ive gained amazing amounts of muscle.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, it'll definitely have an effect. You should probably send it all to me.

Haha, just kidding. I used to abuse ******** in university for cram sessions. When I'd work out on it I'd be more focused than you could possibly imagine. But I can definitely see how your biggest obstacle will be your appetite. At least you'll get definition though, even if you can't force food past your weak appetite.

Alternatively you could talk to your doctor about non-stimulant ADHD medication.

jAk88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jAk88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My brother takes it and he is in good shape.

washpostman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by getmass607 View Post
    adderal decreases hormone and testosterone levels, so yes it will affect the rate of strength gains and muscle growth, i would know i was on it for ADHD and it not only killed my heart but affected my moods to workout, be warned, it is a very powerful stimulate, i hated it, ever since i havent been on it, ive gained amazing amounts of muscle.
    It doesn't decrease testosterone levels. Where do you get your info? Please link to it. It's a stimulant, it has no relation to testosterone production.

daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hell yes it will man!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had have took it my whole life and had to quit to gain weight because it makes you not hurngy all the time. It feels like you always have butterflys in your stomic

daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daboy6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And to the guy saying it makes you sleepless!!! you shouldnt be taking it because it only does that to people who dont have add or adhd.

merlinpr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm new here so I can only talk about my personal experience.

I take Concerta which has similar side effects.

The good:

Helps you focus on your workout which is great since training while you have a lot of thoughts racing through your mind sucks. It helps me keep a good form and push harder.

The bad:

Fast pounding, blood pressure increases, feeling light headed, particularly when doing cardio. Also, since it is a stimulant you should be careful when exercising specially lifting. You might be too hyper to realize that your body can't take the abuse anymore. The first time I worked out while taking Concerta I was so pumped and ready to lift that I ended up doing more than my body could handle (plus with bad form) and ended up hurting myself.

I have noticed that ever since I changed my diet and and started eating healthier my blood pressure and heart rate is getting normal. I still get light headed every once in a while but that's just a matter of resting for a few minutes and drinking a lot of fluids.

I don't think ******** will affect your muscle gains. You just need to be very careful specially not to get hurt and watch your heart rate and blood pressure. If you plan to take suplements make sure you make sure they wont interact with the ********. Avoid anything with stimulants specially before your work out. I used to drink a lot of coffee and I always had a cup before going to the gym. Not only was that a bad idea because the coffee was dehidrating me but also the combination of caffeine and stimulant meds can make you feel like your heart is about to explode.

merlinpr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Forgot about the appetite part. I got really thin because I wouldn't eat during the day (while on the medication). With the change of diet I eat whether I'm hungry or not since the portions are smaller. Your mind might tell you that you're not hungry but you know you need to eat so you do it. A schedule makes it easier. I've also noticed that ever since I started working out more and my routines got more intense I get hungry, even with the meds.

Good luck!

bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just want to add my perspective. What would impact your lifting gains more, taking a medication that might hamper some aspects of exercise and nutrition or your life being a wreck on account of being unable to regulate your behavior or mood?

It's all going to have an impact, but on the balance you're better off going with the medication that your doctor wants you to take and running at 95% in all aspects than being all over the place. If the medication is doing its job -- handling the symptoms it was perscribed to handle -- then your overall life is better and you can manage the potential side-effects once you identify them. This is much better than having a problem you can't pin down. Side-effects will be there all the time but if you have ADHD or something, you might find it hard to do all sorts of stuff, including but not excluded to making it to the gym regularly and eating right.

As someone in grad school I'm sure you're accustomed to doing things that you don't find pleasant. I think you need to make drinking a daily high-calorie shake part of that list. Peanut butter, whole milk, oats, and some whey powder. Even if your appetite doesn't want it, unless you throw it up you can just drink the stuff and be done with it.

So if the medication works for you, figure out the side-effects and actively fight the ones you think hold you back. If the medication doesn't work for you then you'll want to talk to your doctor about a new one anyhow, and mention your goals to your doctor during that discussion.

bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    I just want to add my perspective. What would impact your lifting gains more, taking a medication that might hamper some aspects of exercise and nutrition or your life being a wreck on account of being unable to regulate your behavior or mood?

It's all going to have an impact, but on the balance you're better off going with the medication that your doctor wants you to take and running at 95% in all aspects than being all over the place. If the medication is doing its job -- handling the symptoms it was perscribed to handle -- then your overall life is better and you can manage the potential side-effects once you identify them. This is much better than having a problem you can't pin down. Side-effects will be there all the time but if you have ADHD or something, you might find it hard to do all sorts of stuff, including but not excluded to making it to the gym regularly and eating right.

As someone in grad school I'm sure you're accustomed to doing things that you don't find pleasant. I think you need to make drinking a daily high-calorie shake part of that list. Peanut butter, whole milk, oats, and some whey powder. Even if your appetite doesn't want it, unless you throw it up you can just drink the stuff and be done with it.

So if the medication works for you, figure out the side-effects and actively fight the ones you think hold you back. If the medication doesn't work for you then you'll want to talk to your doctor about a new one anyhow, and mention your goals to your doctor during that discussion.
    WELL SAID. reps
    []D[][]V[][]D[][]\[] [][]\[] '10

SL90831 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile blood flow

******** redirects bloodflow from your extremities to your brain so to me it seems logical that protein synthesis would be altered after a workout if ******** was recently taken.

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by daboy6666 View Post
    hell yes it will man!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had have took it my whole life and had to quit to gain weight because it makes you not hurngy all the time. It feels like you always have butterflys in your stomic
    it DOES?? huh.....doesn't do that to most people. I guess everyone is different. It actually makes me hungry and crave chicken tacos at chipotle. Ive never abused it or taken it to get a stronger feeling but 15mg taken twice a day so 30mg total doesn't make me not want to eat.

Also it does not decrease test levels....if it does its not enough to make a difference.

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by washpostman View Post
    It doesn't decrease testosterone levels. Where do you get your info? Please link to it. It's a stimulant, it has no relation to testosterone production.
    yeah he is wrong about that but also I didnt realize how old this thread was

drivium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by muscleshakes View Post
    yeah he is wrong about that but also I didnt realize how old this thread was
    My Doc just prescribed this to me as well, just yesterday. Haven't picked up the script just yet. Been reading it makes your hair thin out. What a bummer that would be. I've heard about it affecting protein synthesis. I plan to take it in the morning first thing and work out at 12:30pm. Wonder if it will still affect it at that point. My gut is telling me to avoid this stuff, but if it works - I stand to gain a lot in my personal life. Think I'll try it and see how it goes...
    "Immoveable stone in your world of weak!" --Pantera

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    No discussions of prescription or any other drug is allowed on these forums.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733