Wildcat33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

homemade wrist roller

homemade wrist roller
    Not completely happy with the design, but it's going to work for now. The power rack pin goes through a 1 1/2" PVC pipe at shoulder height, and I use the plate loading pin from my pinch block.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=70652

The rope is 425 lb. test nylon, and I partially melted the sheath (so it can't unravel) at the knot on the bottom clip and the loop around the pvc pipe. Then a pipe clamp around the melted loop of rope so it can't come loose. The pipe has been scored a little with sandpaper (to improve grip), and the ends deburred. I've already worked out on it once with a 45 lb. plate, no problems. I'd like to improve the way the rope is attached to the pipe, if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
    Attached Images

cheeto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for attaching the rope better, how about drilling a hole in the middle of the pipe but only through one side. then feed the rope into it and out the bottom of the pipe where u will tie a big not and possibly even attach something to it some it can't slip back through the hole. capiche?

Wildcat33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll take a look into that. Not sure it will work though because there's not much room inside the pipe when the power rack pin is through it.

Thanks

Aetolos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've used something similar to that and it worked great. The only difference is it had a smaller bar thing in the middle.

Oh, and if you wanna use less weight, or a smaller plate, hold it straight out when you do it. I did it with a ten and felt the BURN!!!
    Last edited by Aetolos; 11-15-2002 at 08:06 PM.

how do u do it with a heavier weight and ur not holding it straight out in front of u, what supports your arms

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by cheeto
    how do u do it with a heavier weight and ur not holding it straight out in front of u, what supports your arms
    "The power rack pin goes through a 1 1/2" PVC pipe at shoulder height, and I use the plate loading pin from my pinch block."
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

so in other words, it pivots on the power rack pin