Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

BODYBUILDING IS A LIFESTYLE - pls read

Most bodybuilders are use to people approaching them with comments on the way they look. And why not? Bodybuilding is a sport that you wear all the time. Its obvious to on lookers if youve achieved any success, especially in the warmer months when clothing is sparse and flesh is exposed. "How long does it take to build a body like yours?" I am often asked. I usually reply " All my life ." The reason that i respond that way is this: Bodybuilding is an ongoing pursuit; always a work in progress, never finished. The bodybuilder reaches a strange blance of continually striving for something better while appreciating the current accomplishments. I must also stay aware that no matter how hard or for how many years i train, i will never look like a pro. Not even close. But thats not the objective, or at least it shouldn be. Bodybuilding isnt about winning contests, its about looking your best, whatever that may be.

Anyone thinking of beginning a bodybuilding routine needs to focus on some basic principles right from the start. Successful body alteration requires physical effort and mental discipline, but there must be something more than sheer tenacity. You must want to live the bodybuilding lifestyle, for there will come a time when enthusiasm will wane. Results come slowly and the need for comfort foods can only be denied for so long. The idea of lifting heavy objects loses its appeal, and most people drop out of the game after a year or so. Thats when you have to want it more than ever. Only the strong survive.

Whats kept me going over the years is the belief that every time i enter the gym im doing something good for myself. I will leave a better man than when i entered. And although progress may not be apparant after every workout, the cumulative effects are certain. This is why a time limit cant be put on results. The results will come if your persistant.

There are other motivations that seperate the lifelong bodybuilder from the fitness dabbler. Call it pride or ego, but the fact remains: it feels good to know you stand out from the crowd. You look like someone who ahs used his time, effort and energy in a positive manner. I dont mean to deride those who dont train. As the Zen masters have espoused, comparing yourself to others is ultimately futile. If you find yourself greater, you become vain; if you feel you are lesser, you become bitter. It isnt the way to go. There will always be those who are greater and lesser then you.

Never the less, too many people dont respect their bodies. They brush off the importance of a lean muscular physique, they play down the attributes of superieor conditioning. They are weak and lazy, i pity them. They dont know the joy of feeling strong. They live with their shortcomings, and the physical consequences. Nobody wants to be out of shape, they just dont want to put forth the effort nessacery to be in good shape. The fact that getting and staying in shape requires commitment makes it that much more noble.

Bodybuilding healps develop moral fibre that carries over into all aspect of life and theres no better proof then its greatest star : Arnold Schwarznegga. Arnold has purpose of mind, irrepresible willpower and an unyielding sense of ambition, vision and duty. Thats why hes been so successful at everything he's undertaken, even though he didnt start with the greatest advantages. His body was unbalances, yet he went on to become Mr Olympia 7 times. He was an immigrant, yet he went on to become governor of California. He was hradly a skilled actor, but as i once heard " The thing about Arnold that makes him a pleasure to work with is that he will give you 100% whether its the 1st take or the 500th." Doesnt that sound like the mindset of a dedicated bodybuilder? One more set. One more rep. Every one counts. Always give more than you think you can. Never give up. In todays ultra-sophisticated world these principles might sound quaint and archaic, but they work. Always have, always will.

Naturally, not everyone can be an Arnold Schwarzegger, but we can all employ the basic principles of the bodybuilding lifestyle that have become more obscured over the years. Charles Atlas was one of the forefathers of modern bodybuilding who sold a simple yet highly successful excercise course through ads in omic books. "The truest success is but development of self." Think about that. Long before self-help gurus, Atlas hit the nail on the head, and he knew that development of the body was a big part of self development.

Compare that to the slew of first year trainers who peruse the internet to find which steroid stack is best for someone whos been working out a year and has "peaked." Id bet my bank account that these people wont be training a year from now - they just dont have the stomach for it. They want results without the effort. But they may never discover that the effort produces more results that can be seen with the naked eye. The weights may build muscle, but the effort builds character, and when your character is strong you can do anything.

Your bodybuilding journey also reflects your own personality. Like it simple? Squats and presses will work just fine. Like to be creative? Use your imagination to concoct a myriad of routines. All roads lead to Rome. Along the way youll stumble, but theres neevr a reason to stop. Never. Thats because you need it - more than you realise.

Bodybuilding is the ultimate therapy. It puts you in a frame of mind similar to meditation. Some speak of being in a trance-like state during their workouts. Do you lack self control? Bodybuilding is the answer because it offers structure. Are your thoughts scattered? A workout provides focus. Its you against the iron, and pushing it feels good. Are you sluggish? Excercise and proper eating generates energy, endurance, hormonal balance, efficient digestion and elimination, and clears the mind. Are you anxious? Lifitng weights calms the spirit. Are you feeling alone? Not as long as there are barbells and dumbells near by. They lever let you down. Are you overwraught with worry? Load the bar, start squatting and your troubles will be the furthest thing from your mind. Bodybuilding is the fix. No one can take that away from you - not your boss, the governemnt, your ex-wife.

What you put into it is what you get out of it. Now wehre else in life are you going to get a deal like that?
    Last edited by Vinex; 02-14-2008 at 06:29 AM.
    "Bodybuilding is not about how much muscle you can pack on your frame, but rather how you pack muscle on your frame." - IBey777

jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jshacker2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    first

to say cliffs dammit!!!!

Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000) Vakas is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Vinex View Post

As the Zen masters have espoused, comparing yourself to others is ultimately futile. If you find yourself greater, you become vain; if you feel you are lesser, you become bitter. It isnt the way to go. There will always be those who are greater and lesser then you.

Never the less, too many people dont respect their bodies. They brush off the importance of a lean muscular physique, they play down the attributes of superieor conditioning. They are weak and lazy, i pity them. They dont know the joy of feeling strong. They live with their shortcomings, and the physical consequences. Nobody wants to be out of shape, they just dont want to put forth the effort nessacery to be in good shape. The fact that getting and staying in shape requires commitment makes it that much more noble.
    Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.

Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Repped for an actual intelligent, thought out post. It's such a rarity in this 'no homo/wut/u mad/' board that I have to commend it when I see it.

Also, reps for this:

Originally Posted by Vinex
    I must also stay aware that no matter how hard or for how many years i train, i will never look like a pro. Not even close. But thats not the objective, or at least it shouldn be. Bodybuilding isnt about winning contests, its about looking your best, whatever that may be.
    That's pure gold right there. 100% dead on the money.

Bodybuilding IS a lifestyle. Anyone who cares enough about all the nutrition and self control that goes into will completely agree. All day is spent being a bodybuilder, not just before, during and after a workout.

Excellant post.
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

Skuderya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's a motivating reminder. I copied and pasted your post in a text document - it's worth keeping.

East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i stopped reading after it said i'll never look like a pro...b/c thats just another thing to push against, i know eventually i will be a pro, u just gotta work harder than u think u can.
    "it's alright man, you can laugh. I laughed when you walked in" - Jay Cutler
    ««•Power stance, BOOM•»»
    **Husker Football Nation**

BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to agree with you bodybuilding is a lifestyle , what keeps me motivated is walking around looking at men my age 33 with beer guts hanging over their trousers worrying when they can drink their next beer and living for the weekend just to drink more beer . I can safely say I will never have the body I desire but im ok with that because im not willing to sell my soul by using steroids and cheating myself , I would rather train hard , eat right and providing that the routine and excersises are the right ones for me I will grow bigger . We cant all be 250 lb mass monsters , but if we stand next to the average joe in the street we will kick their asses day and night and thats what keeps me going , wanting to stand out from the crowd , break from the norm and make myself better . We all have the ability to change what we have been given , some may find it harder than others , some may fall by the wayside and never train again . Some will take the easy route and take steroids and for some that route might be the hardest they ever took . That is purely up to the person themselves Im not bothered if people take steroids all the body builders I look up to took them , same as I dont care what routine you use , what excersises you may or may not use if it works for you great carry on . Most people on here would rather argue about who should have won the last 15 Olympias than sit in a cold garage after getting up at 5am and doing a full days work then coming home and looking after 2 year old twins and all that entails , then busting your guts in the garage to try and make yourself that little bit better , this is no sob story Im just pointing out my personal situation. So if I can do it there is no reason others cant , there is always a way brothers . Lift hard Lift Heavy .
    WarPig

Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BYRONPETERSON View Post
    but if we stand next to the average joe in the street we will kick their asses day and night and thats what keeps me going , , .
    false..do you know how to fight? i assume so by yuor post. Muscule # knowing how to fight ( assume you were talking about actual fighting..seems so)

BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was a boxer for 10 years , but no I was not on about fighting I was on about kicking their asses physique wise , although I could kick their ass probably if I had to
    WarPig

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Never the less, too many people dont respect their bodies. They brush off the importance of a lean muscular physique?, they play down the attributes of superieor conditioning?. They are weak and lazy?, i pity them. They dont know the joy of feeling strong?
    powerlifting?
    Last edited by bcoad; 02-14-2008 at 04:20 PM.
    Consistency

Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bcoad View Post
    powerlifting?
    powerlifters are neither weak nor lazy when it comes to training, and you can sure as hell bet they know the feeling of being strong since mostly all powerlifting pros can do more raw than bodybuilding pros. Just saying, don't want to start a debate.

Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Domibarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was a boxer for 10 years , but no I was not on about fighting I was on about kicking their asses physique wise , although I could kick their ass probably if I had to
    ok..get it now

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shanecutler51 View Post
    powerlifters are neither weak nor lazy when it comes to training, and you can sure as hell bet they know the feeling of being strong since mostly all powerlifting pros can do more raw than bodybuilding pros. Just saying, don't want to start a debate.
    lol my post was supposed to be ironical. He said that anyone not lean with superior conditioning didn't know the feeling of being strong. I think that is just downright silly. Sarcastic questions don't always work over the internet I guess =)
    Consistency

Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bcoad View Post
    lol my post was supposed to be ironical. He said that anyone not lean with superior conditioning didn't know the feeling of being strong. I think that is just downright silly. Sarcastic questions don't always work over the internet I guess =)
    lol aint that the truth

Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most bodybuilders are use to people approaching them with comments on the way they look. And why not? Bodybuilding is a sport that you wear all the time. Its obvious to on lookers if youve achieved any success, especially in the warmer months when clothing is sparse and flesh is exposed. "How long does it take to build a body like yours?" I am often asked. I usually reply " All my life ." The reason that i respond that way is this: Bodybuilding is an ongoing pursuit; always a work in progress, never finished. The bodybuilder reaches a strange blance of continually striving for something better while appreciating the current accomplishments. I must also stay aware that no matter how hard or for how many years i train, i will never look like a pro. Not even close. But thats not the objective, or at least it shouldn be. Bodybuilding isnt about winning contests, its about looking your best, whatever that may be.

Anyone thinking of beginning a bodybuilding routine needs to focus on some basic principles right from the start. Successful body alteration requires physical effort and mental discipline, but there must be something more than sheer tenacity. You must want to live the bodybuilding lifestyle, for there will come a time when enthusiasm will wane. Results come slowly and the need for comfort foods can only be denied for so long. The idea of lifting heavy objects loses its appeal, and most people drop out of the game after a year or so. Thats when you have to want it more than ever. Only the strong survive.

Whats kept me going over the years is the belief that every time i enter the gym im doing something good for myself. I will leave a better man than when i entered. And although progress may not be apparant after every workout, the cumulative effects are certain. This is why a time limit cant be put on results. The results will come if your persistant.

There are other motivations that seperate the lifelong bodybuilder from the fitness dabbler. Call it pride or ego, but the fact remains: it feels good to know you stand out from the crowd. You look like someone who ahs used his time, effort and energy in a positive manner. I dont mean to deride those who dont train. As the Zen masters have espoused, comparing yourself to others is ultimately futile. If you find yourself greater, you become vain; if you feel you are lesser, you become bitter. It isnt the way to go. There will always be those who are greater and lesser then you.

Bodybuilding healps develop moral fibre that carries over into all aspect of life and theres no better proof then its greatest star : Arnold Schwarznegga. Arnold has purpose of mind, irrepresible willpower and an unyielding sense of ambition, vision and duty. Thats why hes been so successful at everything he's undertaken, even though he didnt start with the greatest advantages. His body was unbalances, yet he went on to become Mr Olympia 7 times. He was an immigrant, yet he went on to become governor of California. He was hradly a skilled actor, but as i once heard " The thing about Arnold that makes him a pleasure to work with is that he will give you 100% whether its the 1st take or the 500th." Doesnt that sound like the mindset of a dedicated bodybuilder? One more set. One more rep. Every one counts. Always give more than you think you can. Never give up. In todays ultra-sophisticated world these principles might sound quaint and archaic, but they work. Always have, always will.

Naturally, not everyone can be an Arnold Schwarzegger, but we can all employ the basic principles of the bodybuilding lifestyle that have become more obscured over the years. Charles Atlas was one of the forefathers of modern bodybuilding who sold a simple yet highly successful excercise course through ads in omic books. "The truest success is but development of self." Think about that. Long before self-help gurus, Atlas hit the nail on the head, and he knew that development of the body was a big part of self development.

Compare that to the slew of first year trainers who peruse the internet to find which steroid stack is best for someone whos been working out a year and has "peaked." Id bet my bank account that these people wont be training a year from now - they just dont have the stomach for it. They want results without the effort. But they may never discover that the effort produces more results that can be seen with the naked eye. The weights may build muscle, but the effort builds character, and when your character is strong you can do anything.

Your bodybuilding journey also reflects your own personality. Like it simple? Squats and presses will work just fine. Like to be creative? Use your imagination to concoct a myriad of routines. All roads lead to Rome. Along the way youll stumble, but theres neevr a reason to stop. Never. Thats because you need it - more than you realise.

Bodybuilding is the ultimate therapy. It puts you in a frame of mind similar to meditation. Some speak of being in a trance-like state during their workouts. Do you lack self control? Bodybuilding is the answer because it offers structure. Are your thoughts scattered? A workout provides focus. Its you against the iron, and pushing it feels good. Are you sluggish? Excercise and proper eating generates energy, endurance, hormonal balance, efficient digestion and elimination, and clears the mind. Are you anxious? Lifitng weights calms the spirit. Are you feeling alone? Not as long as there are barbells and dumbells near by. They lever let you down. Are you overwraught with worry? Load the bar, start squatting and your troubles will be the furthest thing from your mind. Bodybuilding is the fix. No one can take that away from you - not your boss, the governemnt, your ex-wife.

What you put into it is what you get out of it. Now wehre else in life are you going to get a deal like that?

I agree. You know, I've been bodybuilding for around 16 years non-stop and I'm now going 33. I started when I was 16 and never stop lifting weights for more than a week. I've been competitive once and I'm still palnning to compete and I'll forever remain a natural bodybuilder.

But let me argue something maybe even just for the sake of argument. There is more to life than just lifting weights. People who are not into the exercise culture may find us bodybuilders weird and even pathetic for being vain and for being health nuts. I mean we will all die someday anyway so we might as well do the crazy stuff and do the things that really matter. Talk about hedonism. Carpa Diem. The hell with a sexy, lean body. The hell with bodybuilding. People who don't lift weight of course have their own noble things to do or just things that give them pleasure. They engage in competitve sports, they write songs, they write novels, they paint, they play music, they drink, they take recreational drugs, they concentrate on their work, their careers, they travel, they do business, they ride fast cars, big bikes, mountain bikes, they collect guns, they tend to animals and pets, they do charity work, they go to church or become spiritual, they do art, they try acting, modeling, anything but lift weights and diet. Life is not bodybuilding and bodybuilding is not life. It's just one of the millions of ways to enjoy life.

TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have to agree with you bodybuilding is a lifestyle , what keeps me motivated is walking around looking at men my age 33 with beer guts hanging over their trousers worrying when they can drink their next beer and living for the weekend just to drink more beer .
    I agree. I work in an office and hearing people get so excited about going to a happy hour or something is humerous to me. I like to go out and have fun sometimes but when you have specific days that you have to go out and drink then that is sad to me. So it never bothers me to get judged by these people because they could never possibly understand having a vision for yourself and following that vision no matter what. If they think my lifestyle is strange and a waste of time then thats fine because the typical american lifestyle is pretty sad to me.
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

Road back from herniated disc(feb. 10')
    Squat: 465
    Deadlift: 535

********.com/VizionFitness

deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepaksikkan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Patmuscled! View Post
    I agree. You know, I've been bodybuilding for around 16 years non-stop and I'm now going 33. I started when I was 16 and never stop lifting weights for more than a week. I've been competitive once and I'm still palnning to compete and I'll forever remain a natural bodybuilder.

But let me argue something maybe even just for the sake of argument. There is more to life than just lifting weights. People who are not into the exercise culture may find us bodybuilders weird and even pathetic for being vain and for being health nuts. I mean we will all die someday anyway so we might as well do the crazy stuff and do the things that really matter. Talk about hedonism. Carpa Diem. The hell with a sexy, lean body. The hell with bodybuilding. People who don't lift weight of course have their own noble things to do or just things that give them pleasure. They engage in competitve sports, they write songs, they write novels, they paint, they play music, they drink, they take recreational drugs, they concentrate on their work, their careers, they travel, they do business, they ride fast cars, big bikes, mountain bikes, they collect guns, they tend to animals and pets, they do charity work, they go to church or become spiritual, they do art, they try acting, modeling, anything but lift weights and diet. Life is not bodybuilding and bodybuilding is not life. It's just one of the millions of ways to enjoy life.
    100%

Registered User AnabolicMaximus's Avatar
    AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

did you "drunk-post" this??

Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most bodybuilders are use to people approaching them with comments on the way they look. And why not? Bodybuilding is a sport that you wear all the time. Its obvious to on lookers if youve achieved any success, especially in the warmer months when clothing is sparse and flesh is exposed. "How long does it take to build a body like yours?" I am often asked. I usually reply " All my life ." .

.... Do you lack self control? Bodybuilding is the answer because it offers structure. Are your thoughts scattered? A workout provides focus. Its you against the iron, and pushing it feels good. Are you sluggish? Excercise and proper eating generates energy, endurance, hormonal balance, efficient digestion and elimination, and clears the mind. Are you anxious? Lifitng weights calms the spirit. Are you feeling alone? Not as long as there are barbells and dumbells near by. They lever let you down. Are you overwraught with worry? Load the bar, start squatting and your troubles will be the furthest thing from your mind. Bodybuilding is the fix. No one can take that away from you - not your boss, the governemnt, your ex-wife.

Where did you cut and paste this stuff from? 'All your life'...you're 21.
    How can someone not take bodybuilding away from you? What if you have no access to a gym? What if your ex-wife swipes your gym membership card? What if you have an accident and cant lift? At 21, how would you know what in life 'one gets what one puts into it'. Education- put effort into it, become highly educated. Most things work on the 'get what you put into it' principle. Doesnt seem like a special deal to me.

Bodybuilding often works the opposite- put in hard work, get injured in return. Try hard and still not look like Mr Olympia. Spend money on supplements and get scammed. Use steroids and shut down natural test production, get arrested on drug charges, etc. Come across as vain and shallow to other people. Star in gay porn. Wear hats in the gym- at room temperature. Get a tattoo of something going around your arm to look tougher in the gym. Get more tattoos to look even tougher.
    Most 'bodybuilders' at the gym look like idiots. They think the world is in awe of them.
    Where did you get that drivel you posted? Sounds like something out of a muscle magazine. Maybe a cell-tech ad?

BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000) BB_Surf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Spoken like a true 21 year old.

TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AnabolicMaximus View Post
    did you "drunk-post" this??
    HAHA, kind of what I was thinking. He seems so passoniate about his post and even asked us to please read it. Then never came back and posted anything.
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

Road back from herniated disc(feb. 10')
    Squat: 465
    Deadlift: 535

********.com/VizionFitness

PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000)
    S-c-h-w-a-r-z-e-n-e-g-g-e-r

I totally agree with you lifting weights shouldnt be your entire life , I play guitar , write songs , write poetry , football , music , if all I had was weights it would be pretty dire but I like to think I can do all these things and weights its not for us to tell someone its a good thing to do . But im sure we all know people who have nothing in their life ,no hobbies or pastimes just work and drink and I feel sorry for them I just couldnt live like that and I am happy that I have my health and I can lift weights because im sure there are people who would love to do weights but for whatever circumstances cant .
    WarPig

jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjdrum06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    everything you said was dead on. i would rep you if i could.

Above average aas abuser. sikboy's Avatar
    sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cliffs, pics or we dont understand, because i am not reading all that ****.

Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

If i cant be the best i can be, i dont want to be.

Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become.

IM THE NEGGERNAUT BITCH!!

DONT PM ME ABOUT WHERE TO GET GEAR OR ANCILLARIES, I DONT KNOW YOU AND I WILL FORWARD YOUR PM TO A MOD!

I am immortal
    I have inside me blood of kings
    I have no rival
    No man can be my equal
    Take me to the future of new earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrXiaPVeHY

very nice post. repped *edit* on recharge
    Consistency

Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Victorian guy View Post
    Where did you cut and paste this stuff from? 'All your life'...you're 21.
    How can someone not take bodybuilding away from you? What if you have no access to a gym? What if your ex-wife swipes your gym membership card? What if you have an accident and cant lift? At 21, how would you know what in life 'one gets what one puts into it'. Education- put effort into it, become highly educated. Most things work on the 'get what you put into it' principle. Doesnt seem like a special deal to me.

Bodybuilding often works the opposite- put in hard work, get injured in return. Try hard and still not look like Mr Olympia. Spend money on supplements and get scammed. Use steroids and shut down natural test production, get arrested on drug charges, etc. Come across as vain and shallow to other people. Star in gay porn. Wear hats in the gym- at room temperature. Get a tattoo of something going around your arm to look tougher in the gym. Get more tattoos to look even tougher.
    Most 'bodybuilders' at the gym look like idiots. They think the world is in awe of them.
    Where did you get that drivel you posted? Sounds like something out of a muscle magazine. Maybe a cell-tech ad?
    Nice post. Almost funny and also true.

worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bodybuilding... Wear hats in the gym- at room temperature.
    Lol at that. So true.

gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000)

great attitude!!!! /sarcasm

i agree though that most bodybuilders look like idiots, seriously their hairstlyes (LOL JAY CUTLER) and Clothing....its like they are stuck in the 80s
    ► WKEA ◄

guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50) guill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree.

Yep. I love bodybuilding but I don't like people who says that if you are not "hardcore", you are not a bodybuilder. I have a nice physique and train well but I don't count calories and if I want a freaking hot dog or pizza, I eat it.