dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile How I cured my Elbow Tendonitis....without stopping my workout

Hi guys. I wrote this thread because I wanted to give information on how to get rid of tendonitis on your own. Before I write anything, I know I am no expert and you probably should get medical advice from someone in person rather than on a bodybuilding internet forum board. Also, I will describe my tendonitis so that you can see if yours is the same degree that mine was just in case yours is a lot worse and needs serious treatment.

My purpose for this thread is that at one point I had elbow tendonitis that was not getting any better and I could not find a good "how-to" on getting rid of my tendonitis. (In the right elbow)

Okay, to start, according to a well-known trainer/professional powerlifter that I am very friendly with, doing as many sets of tricep extensions on the machine as I was would cause elbow tendonitis. So, I decided that after these several months of doing around 6-8 sets of them that I would go to 4 sets. Too bad, because it was too late. While I do a lot of other stuff that affects the elbow besides working the triceps, my other tricep exercises would hurt my elbow.

Here is a description of my tendonitis of my right elbow: It was a consistent pain, but not too painful. If it was not hurting, then in certain positions it would really hurt me. Once it got better, it would only hurt during triceps day.

I had just started a "one bodypart per day of the week" routine and I figured in this situation it would be beneficial. So what I did to rid myself of this tendonitis which only took TWO MONTHS, was that I would take a large motrin pill (anti-inflammatory) in the morning with breakfast and right after dinner. In addition, I wore an ace-bandage on my elbow because the tendon(s?) that were hurt were the ones that fully extend my arm, so I wanted to limit the range of motion. I ate plenty and rested as well because I knew that would definetly help. I had to wear the ace-bandage all the time, including going to sleep because that was when it would get hurt if I did not wear it. I also iced it for the first 1.5 months.

So, it started to feel better, and let me remind you that all this time I had been working out. It never hurt during my routines (besides triceps) except for once I was decline bench pressing and it felt like getting my elbow amputated would be a good idea. But that happened once. So, with all of this self-treatment I was okay.

I kept doing my triceps but I would NEVER lock my elbow in any circumstances EVER. That was one of the things that caused it. I also did everything much SLOWER. When I used to do triceps extension on the machine, I would jerk it down very quickly and I would lock my elbow. Big Mistake!

After 2 months, my elbow tendonitis is gone. I still take a motrin every other day or so just to keep everything cool. I have been taking Glucosamine, Condroitan (spelling?), MSM and Shark Cartilige for about 6 months. I also started taking Cissus Rx to try it out. It should help.

So here are the guidelines for curing elbow tendonitis:

Daily and nightly wearing of an ace-bandage (except when working out if its a pain in the ass)

1 large pill of motrin after breakfast and after dinner. (best taken with food)

Applying ice to elbow before and after working out. Applying ice when it randomly hurts is a good idea as well.

Using your other arm (the one with a healthy elbow) to do anything that could hurt...for example, lifting a grocery bag.

When doing an exersize, do it slowly and DO NOT lock out your elbow.

Hope there are people that need this out there,
    good luck
    I was very fortunate to live in this time when bodybuilding was embraced by Hollywood, embraced by doctors, embraced by the world.
    -Joe Gold

I say we get that embracement back!

moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Figured I'd add that it's important to take ibuprofen with food. Doctor gave me 800 mg ibuprofen pills, and stressed that I eat with it. I think it can cause stomach bleeding if you don't eat with it, and take it too much.

I was out with tibular tendonitis, didn't do crap, 3 months later (taking 2400 mg of ibuprofen a day) plenty of rest and I am now 100%.
    What do you want, and How do you get it?

The two hardest questions to answer.

It's not that I love to win, it's that I hate to lose.

dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks for adding. I was hoping that others in similar situations would post as well so that it wasnt a totally biased read.
    I was very fortunate to live in this time when bodybuilding was embraced by Hollywood, embraced by doctors, embraced by the world.
    -Joe Gold

Eärendil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's cool to see someone coping with these problems and being able to get back to 100%. I just started lifting last year and developed what I thought to be tendinosis in my right forearm because I was lifting too often. Funny thing was, it was really heavy barbell curls, at the curling motion at the top of the lift that would give me the most pain. I stopped lifting for a few months and now am training sensibly and only doing hammer curls for biceps. At my job, I use my left hand only for using the number pad, which is an adjustment, but it's been so worth it. I also wear thick, gel-padded biking gloves when I lift. And I'm so thankful to say that the pain is going away, while I'm still seeing gains on my arms. It's so nice to be able to curb it; I thought I was going to have to stop lifting entirely.

Kudos to those who find a way to recover.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diesel: the most important facet of your whole post, was how you adapted the triceps motion in a manner that did not cause the same pain!

I stress that on here so many times, the concept of Listening to your body, and , in this case, that is exactly what you did!!!!

apply this same reasoning to ALL of your movements, not just triceps!

there IS a difference, between good and bad pain in bodybuilding, and , as soon as someone learns to recognize that difference, they can then adapt exercises to fit THEIR body and avoid injuries, and especially chronic injuries like tendonitis......

great post!

slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Another strategy is to stimulate tendon growth by pooling lactic acid into the elbow area. This can be done by doing tricep pushdowns, reverse-grip pushdowns, or kick backs for 15+ reps. After apply this 3-6x-a-week for about a month, most (if not all) the symptoms should disappear.

Smile

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI
    Diesel: the most important facet of your whole post, was how you adapted the triceps motion in a manner that did not cause the same pain!

I stress that on here so many times, the concept of Listening to your body, and , in this case, that is exactly what you did!!!!

apply this same reasoning to ALL of your movements, not just triceps!

there IS a difference, between good and bad pain in bodybuilding, and , as soon as someone learns to recognize that difference, they can then adapt exercises to fit THEIR body and avoid injuries, and especially chronic injuries like tendonitis......

great post!
    thanks a lot, yea I am starting to understand the concept of listening to your body, which is obviously extremely important.
    -Joe Gold

5884 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    Another strategy is to stimulate tendon growth by pooling lactic acid into the elbow area. This can be done by doing tricep pushdowns, reverse-grip pushdowns, or kick backs for 15+ reps. After apply this 3-6x-a-week for about a month, most (if not all) the symptoms should disappear.
    True. I use this approach whenever I feel elbow pain coming on.

Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I take Aleive when I start getting sore...it's the only thing that has ever worked for me.

I use it sparingly
    DVC

Quigley...

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had recurring problems with my elbows for years now, easiest way I ever found to manage them was simply to put some neoprene sleeves over my elbows while training and do soft tissue work on the arms/forearms.

yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Quigley2013 View Post
    I take Aleive when I start getting sore...it's the only thing that has ever worked for me.

I use it sparingly
    I use Aleve too!

justsurviving has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How i cured chronic tennis elbow (tendentious)

I sufferer for six years, worn tennis elbow braces 24/7 on both arms, even to bed, the pain was horrible. I lost the use of my arms from the elbow down, and stopped working for 6 months. my left arm healed for a short period, but returned due to using both arms for work.

Out of pure luck and perfect misfortune, I have been 100% cured going on three years.

The bad news: My daughter was in labor three months early! This prompted me to quit my job and move from Florida to New Mexico, where the best paying job, was as a tower hand. I know!!! How can a guy with tendentious in both arms, climb towers? I didn't think I would last, but the money was good.

Long story short, it turns out that the act of climbing ladders cured my chronic tendentious. In my first two climbs the pain was dissipating rapidly. So my fix was: Take my 160 lb body, add 35 to 40 lbs of equipment, tools, food and water, and climb 4 to 6 hundred feet straight up. try it on a small scale, the trick is, at least 60% of the time the arms and legs are holding all the wait, when climbing don't swing away from the ladder, keep your chest close to the ladder, it's less work to pull straight up. Perhaps these reverse/push-down dips will work the same way, but i can tell you without a doubt, climbing a vertical ladder will cure tennis elbow.

LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LIFTplusHOCKEY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow this is a goat thread, glad I found it right now. Phukn OHPs

Bump for anyone else who may find this useful

stro50 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have found your article helpful.I have had forearm/elbow pain for months now but I wouldn't let it set me back.The pain goes from my forearm down into my wrist and hand.I saw a ortho for it and said I had bicep dorsal tendonitis.He wanted me to get a week of therapy and go back into it full force.Wel I passed the therapy and rubbed the arm area down to try to get more blood into the area to help it heal.As I write this I have a flare up but I just put heat on it take a Advil and a wrap around it.I feel if I keep going it may end up damaging it worse but I am not stopping.I have a goal and I take my supplements my casein at bed that does ease the pain up but need to start taking more glumatine and beta ALANINE may be good.But I am going to try and switch to working on my chest and dthat to see if that will allow the pain to cease.Cause I read a article that says what we do is a very slight microscopic tear of the tendons when we workout that cause the pain and swelling.I will try some of your ways and see what happens.I feel we have the same type I jury .It goes from the elbow forearm area into the hand.I will keep you updated.I knew if I had this problem gotta be others.Surgery is the last thing I want and 2 to 6 weeks of rest is too long.

Do you feel using those athletic braces that are elastic type are good?they say keep it tight and it helps with the swelling and pain???they cost about $24.95 but the pros use them.ineed to get through my workouts i cant stopnow but like any problem you risk making it worse.but i have a hard head so i gotta keep moving on.

I agree with you.I massage the area that hurts to get more blood into that area and just hope that helps with the pain and healing.But I too am going to start wearing them and only wish I had done it sooner.But they are suppose to help with swelling and keep it down along with pain.DO THEY WORK WELL FOR YOU????