b4tn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b4tn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

biceps/triceps are not getting sore anymore.

I will do a set of hammer curls immediately followed by a set of preacher curls. This is one set and I repeat three times.

For triceps, I do a set of lying triceps extensions immediately followed by bench dips. This is one set and I do it three times.

Doing three sets of these brings my arms to total and complete failure to the point I have a hard time lifting my water bottle. This was my fourth week (I do this once a week) and now, the next day I am not sore. Usually I would be sore 2 to 3 days afterwards. Does this mean I need to find a different way of working them? Are they still being worked to the point they will grow? I based soreness as how well the workout was.

JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not getting sore does not mean u had a bad workout.

It just means your arms are getting used to the heavy lifting.
    Non-Rep Coalition? "Bias Free Since 2003"

b4tn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b4tn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So how do I know they have been rested enough before I can work them again? This is the first time ever I have made such large gains working out. With just those 4 workouts I have added 1" to my biceps/triceps circumference with my arm extended and relaxed and 1.75" flexed. I want about another 2" arms relaxed :lol: but I am paranoid of overtraining.

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can work a muscle every day and not overtrain or work it 2x a week and overtrain. It all depends on your conditioning and recovery abilities. If you want to know more about what your muscles can handle and what kind of recover is really necessary for hypertrophy I suggest you go to t-nation and look up some of chad waterbury's articles.

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you're going to look kinda strange with big arms and no torso. I assume you're lifting for the rest of your body somewhere in there?

Originally Posted by kethnaab
    you're going to look kinda strange with big arms and no torso. I assume you're lifting for the rest of your body somewhere in there?
    Yeah, I do the whole body over the course of the week. Everything else gets super sore for a day or two afterwords. Arms just stopped getting sore. I have been doing the same work excersises for about a month now so I made some changes to my work out today.

Monday

A1) Close grip bench press (4x8)
    A2) inclined triceps extension (4x8)
    B1) Barbell Curl (4x8)
    B2) Preacher curl (4x8)
    C1) Wrist curl (3x10)
    C2) Reverse wrist curl (3x10)

Wednesday

A1) Squats (3x8)
    A2) Leg lifts (3x8)
    Calve raise (3x8)
    Lunge (3x8)
    Inclined bench press (3x8)
    Inclined dumbbell fly (3x8)

Friday

Upright row (4x8)
    Lateral raise (4x8)
    Military press (3x6)
    Dumbbell front raise (3x8)
    Shrugs (4x8)
    Barbell bent over row (3x10)

Sunday
    Crunches (3x40)
    Leg lifts (3x40)

Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jsanti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    b4tn how long have you been training?

Originally Posted by Jsanti
    b4tn how long have you been training?
    I did 6 years in the army where we would work out daily. In the 5 years since then very little weight training. I did about a month of general lifting and didn’t like the results so I did some reading and found supersets. In just 4 arm workouts (once a week) I added almost two inches flexed to biceps triceps once I started supersetting. Other areas I have not measure but see big gains especially in the chest. I am still a skinny guy though so I have lots of work too do before summer.

fitnessnick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya man, gettin sore doesnt mean you rnot making gains. i know where your coming from because i know when im sore i had a good workout, but when im not, i know im still making gains. your still lifting, and thats what matters. dont worry bout it.

push pull is the shit! PushPullNut's Avatar
    PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushPullNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep hitting it the way you are for another 4 weeks.

There are some imbalances in your routine, check out your number of exercises for body parts in relation to the rest of your body. You may want a total change for 4 weeks when you are done and then come back to what you see results with.

For a change look at an upper/lower or a push pull legs split, push pull will keep your arm gains, full body will not in my experience.
    F--K you Muscle and Fittness, you wasted 10+ years of my training with useless garbage that only works for people that take butt loads of juice. You made me buy crap supplements that your advertisers pay you to write up "reviews" on. You overtained me constantly to keep me buying new garbage to drink, and that's just what tasted like. I hit a wall, guess what? MORE FREAKING VOLUME!!!!

lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lacrosseks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JustinKim943 View Post
    Not getting sore does not mean u had a bad workout.

It just means your arms are getting used to the heavy lifting.
    As long as your going to failure, working out hard, and lifting reasonably heavy (8-12) then your arms will grow. Soreness has no correlation to an increase in muscle mass. Some people actually say getting too sore is bad because it could mean you overtrained a little. The biceps and triceps are also a smaller muscle, so they don't require as much work. The biceps get worked on back day and the triceps get worked on chest and shoulder day. So you really don't wanna work your arms too hard because throughout the rest of the week you will work them more.

steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lacrosseks View Post
    As long as your going to failure,

and what makes you think going to failure on every set for arms will promote maximum growth...