Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gallbladder Removal

After some nasty, intense abdominal pain that lasted hours at a stretch, doctors finally concluded that I had gallstones. After extensive research, more pain, and being the submissive guy I am, I agreed with the medical guys to have my gallbladder removed.

A week after the laparoscopic surgery I met with the surgeon to review my progress. Knowing of my physical training activity he told me he put in a heavier suture in the abdominal incision where he pulled out my gallbladder. He did this he said for greater durability in weight lifting and training. I was grateful for his thoughtfulness, but then he sort of dropped a bomb on me.

Before the surgery he told me I could resume my activities after about 4 weeks. But at this follow-up visit he suggested no heavy weights for about 3 or 4 months! I think I amost started weeping right there!

At 5'3" and ~141 lbs I was benching almost 200 lbs before the surgery. I was planning a cycle, and then the gallbladder thing came crashing down.

Anyway, fastforward to today. It's been 16 days since the surgery. I've been aggressively back on the treadmill and did some limited isolation training. I have experienced no problems. Today, however, I do have a bit of soreness in the suture area, but this is due, I think, to my weight leaning out, and to certain stretching motions made in my everyday activities.

My question for others who may have had a similar surgery is, do you really have to wait 3 or 4 months before lifting heavy again?

I'm dying here. I know I've lost a lot already and I have to get back. I'm not dumb enough to push it and herniate my incision, or do some other harm, but 4 months would put me into June!!

Any thoughts?
    Deuteronomy 6:5

How do you know that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a muzzle flash?

T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had mine out a couple years ago. Although I wasn't lifting weights at the gym during this time. I resumed normal activity almost immediately after the surgery (moving 200lb engine blocks and components around the garage) and other similar activities. Luckily I had no problems...
    On another note, I found the doctors advice pretty sound when he told me that I would have to change my Diet. Since the surgery I can not eat the size meals that I used to and I gained alot of fat. This is one of the biggest reasons I got back into weight lifting again.

dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can't say I would go against what a doctor says but I am wondering if you could do some isolation exercises? ATrainer Flys for the cheast I and a lot of others like these.

Like I said though I wouldn't go against what your doctor says but maybe you could ask him about isolation stuff.

never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    3-4 months sounds about right.

Whether it's surgery, or an acute, severe injury, you can generally use the "1% per/day" rule when it comes to complete healing to the point of re-use without re-injury.

The low end would be for teens and early 20's -- the upper rate for those who are entering "advanced age" (bottom line we heal more slowly now).

Regardless, get an examination and approval before doing anything that has been suggested that you do not do.

You'll be back in the game in no time.
    --N2L

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Tough news

If those sutures tear you've got real issues. IMO, pay attention to the doc.

If your life was in peril; if you didn't work out that might be different. You've got to give some things priority. Cardio isn't that bad, it will definitely take some pounds off you and get you heart healthy.

Fifty years ago... your surgery wasn't available, especially with regard to being able to do anything physical afterward. It may be you would have just had to suffer with the "stones", which I understand is just about "hell on earth".
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

After I had my appendix out, (at 43 yrs old), I didnt start back for at least two months. Did cardio in the form of walking, low impact stuff.
    I really didnt feel right for a year or so.
    I know its not a gall bladder, but it is kinda the same thing only on the other side, and the surgeries are comparable.
    "I wouldnt belong to a club that would have me for a member" Groucho Marx

I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.

Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I appreciate all the helpful replies. This laparoscopic surgery really is an amazing thing. It is really amazing how they can cut you open, remove a body part, and you can be back on your feet almost as good as new in no time.

I have spoken with people who had this procedure done the old fashion way (long insicion, and long hosiptal stay) and they spoke of long, long recovery times as the abdominal muscle received the long cut.

I do have to be patient. As many know, it's just so hard to see hard earned gains sort of drift away and fear that when you do go back you won't have the satisfaction of being able to load up the bar with plates.

Under compulsion, I think I'l now go into a cut and do light weights with high reps until the coast is clear, although it's still tough watching other guys get a great pump.

edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

3-4 months!!

After laparoscopic........bit drastic.

I was cut open from navel to flank for my nephrectomy, almost in 1/4, and I was back at training in 3-4 months.

You have 4 stab holes....

go by how your body feels...I did, if it got sore I stopped.
    edster951
    Invercargill
    New Zealand

www.angelfire.com/zine2/transformation/

Originally Posted by edster951
    After laparoscopic........bit drastic.

I was cut open from navel to flank for my nephrectomy, almost in 1/4, and I was back at training in 3-4 months.

You have 4 stab holes....

go by how your body feels...I did, if it got sore I stopped.
    Well, two stab holes (ports) and two one-inch incisions, with one cut in the upper ab area.

That is amazing that given your procedure you were back in 3 to 4 months! I sort of agree to go by how my body feels, but I just didn't want to risk "popping" something or herniating the suture area. I actually lifted fairly light today and it felt great - no discomfort. I think I'll slowly progress back up in weight.

Your experience was sort of the reason why I was asking. I was wondering if my surgeon was being very conservative or whether there might be some latitude here.

edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Even now 12 months later sometimes my suture line is sore.....deep inside.

However it hasn't stopped me lifting.

Surgery 30 MArch 2005

2 weeks later, 10-20mins cardio every other day
    3 weeks later, light lifting. NO CRUNCHES
    6-8 week later, almost back to normal...crunches still tender so I took them carefully.

Remember, if your on supps, protein, glutamine etc...it aids in repair, we are used to damaged muscles etc...and our body repairing itself....

Go by feel........good luck.
    edster951
    Invercargill
    New Zealand

www.angelfire.com/zine2/transformation/

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey.. i no im only 17 and your an older guy, but your title for your post caught my eye. In the past four years, i have had a lot of injuries due to ice hockey. I've had 4 surgeries, pins, screws and plates all put in my ankle and knee. Broke 9 different bones.

I no how fusterated it can be losing weight and losing mass, i am an amateur bodybuilding now, but i remember it was the same for me when i played hockey. I was out for close to 7 months, and let me tell you, that killed me mentally. Dont rush anything back, i made the stupid decision of skating to early, which basically ended my hockey career. My life was basically shut down after that, the doctor told me wait 3 months after an injury, i decided to wait a month, and with my stupid decision, ill really never play hockey again like i use to. When that happened, there was times, where i thought i didnt even want to be here anymore.. i already wasted my life so screw it.

But all i can say man, is dont rush anything, missing four months is nothing, compared to coming back early and missing the rest of your life.

Best of luck to you, and i hope you get better. Everything you lost, will come back quicker than you can imagine, you'll see, use it as modivation.

Mike

O yea and by the way, i dont no if you no this, but like the guy said above, try supplementing, Protein, Glutamine, Arginine, Vit E, Vit C, Zinc and a multi into your diet. I found that out from an exercise doctor before my hernia surgery and i actually healed way ahead of schedule. All them help in repairs of muscle fibers. Its worth a shot!
    Last edited by XCriticalBenchX; 03-05-2006 at 11:24 AM.
    ….

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

If you think that is a bit drastic, maybe make an appointment with a sports med doc and get a second opinion. I've never had any sort of surgerys like this, but I wouldn't push the envelope. I'm 3 years out from my vasectomy and there are days when I ache in the nether regions for some reason. I had virtually no pain from the original operation. One of my friends on another forum swapped the engine in his truck the next day and ended up with a scrotum the size of a grapefruit, so be forewarned !

Well, here's a bit of an update. Like I said previously I've been going on the treadmill running a distance of about 5 or 6 miles. Yesterday, I pretty much couldn't take it anymore and lifted, including compounds. It has been 19 days since my surgery, so about 3 weeks since I last lifted heavy. (I lifted a few isolation reps a couple of days ago to check my status.)

While I was depressed by the amount of effort it took to lift comparitively light weights, but it felt darn good to get a mini-pump! I was dissapointed at how quickly you can lose strength and endurance. For example, pre-surgery I was doing 3x8 dips with 55 lbs attached. Yesterday, it was all I could do to complete 3x10 dips with nothing attached. So, I have some work cut out for me.

The great news is that all went well. No discomfort whatsoever. I'm pretty psyc'd about that. I'll rest today, and I certainly won't push it, but I do feel like I'm on my way back now.

One other point, someone else mentioned that they thought that the supplements and the protien with bcaa helps speed up recovery. I couldn't agree more. I thought about that before, and yeah, it makes a lot of sense. If someone is supplementing with this stuff along with a clean diet, vitamins, fish oil, etc., it makes sense that this is going to aid in recovery - even for an old guy!
    Last edited by Obadiah!; 03-06-2006 at 05:58 AM.

bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Gall Bladder

About 7 years ago, I was told that I had gall stones and should have my gall bladder out. I am a bit stubborn and refuse to have surgery unless I am absolutely certain it is necessary. I had a couple of bouts of nautia which found me spending time throwing up. But afterwars, I was fine and the second bout didn't happen for a year afterwards.

At the time, I researched the problem on the Internet and I saw all kinds of stories that most people who have their gall bladders removed could have prevented it. However, the medical industry has decided it is better to simply remove the gall bladder than try and save it.

While in your case, you sound as if yours was serious enough that it should have been removed, this is kind of a sore spot with me that doctors are so quick to operate on our bodies.

For about 6 years now, I have not had any problems with my gall bladder. According to something I read, from the time you first have a gall bladder symptom, if you make it 10 years with out it becoming serious, then supposedly, you will not need to have it removed. I don't know if that is true or not. But I, personally, am opposed to the quick speed doctors take towards operating on our bodies. That is, unless you really need the operation and then they seem to take forever to operate.

Originally Posted by bf6067
    About 7 years ago, I was told that I had gall stones and should have my gall bladder out. I am a bit stubborn and refuse to have surgery unless I am absolutely certain it is necessary. I had a couple of bouts of nautia which found me spending time throwing up. But afterwars, I was fine and the second bout didn't happen for a year afterwards.

At the time, I researched the problem on the Internet and I saw all kinds of stories that most people who have their gall bladders removed could have prevented it. However, the medical industry has decided it is better to simply remove the gall bladder than try and save it.

While in your case, you sound as if yours was serious enough that it should have been removed, this is kind of a sore spot with me that doctors are so quick to operate on our bodies.

For about 6 years now, I have not had any problems with my gall bladder. According to something I read, from the time you first have a gall bladder symptom, if you make it 10 years with out it becoming serious, then supposedly, you will not need to have it removed. I don't know if that is true or not. But I, personally, am opposed to the quick speed doctors take towards operating on our bodies. That is, unless you really need the operation and then they seem to take forever to operate.
    You raise an excellent point.

I am of two minds on that matter however. First, you are exactly right that it is standard procedure in the medical community to order your gallbladder removed if they detect a stone. I mean it's an autopilot thing. They called me up, said I had a stone, and my gallbladder had to come out - boom.

I had done a lot of research before hand to try and verify the need for surgery and it was near universal, so I went along. Afterwards, I thought, "You know, I'm never going to get that organ back. Maybe I should have first tried some homeopathic remedy." But, alas, too late. It was gone.

I did feel a shade better in my follow up visit with my doctor. He said that my gallbladder looked pretty beat up and that it needed to come out. Well, I hope he was shooting straight with me and not just trying to make another payment on his boat with my operation.

I had similar symptoms as you. Pain, nothing for a year or so, then bam, a week of pain, and then nothing again.

I'm still fighting my way back, training-wise. I guess the best thing is that I did this in February and not in June or something. Good luck with whatever you decide.

goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by domineaux
    Tough news

If those sutures tear you've got real issues. IMO, pay attention to the doc.
    I agree. Take it easy.
    I'll mess with Texas.

goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While in your case, you sound as if yours was serious enough that it should have been removed, this is kind of a sore spot with me that doctors are so quick to operate on our bodies.......I, personally, am opposed to the quick speed doctors take towards operating on our bodies.
    Now let's consider that doctor's view on the issue: You have abdominal pain and nausea....it's severe enough you've come to him for a medical opinion...an ultrasound has confirmed the presence of gallstones. If he doesn't recommend surgery and you go home and rupture your gallbladder from acute cholecystis, he gets sued for medical malpractice and loses millions.
    I'll mess with Texas.

bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so if you have a heart attack, you want doctors to treat you next year maybe?

these a reason why doctors sometimes do things quickly -
    its because its an emergency.

order the code red.

bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    a lap chole is NOT like an appendicectomy 9 appendix removal) - nor is it like having nails and screws an waht not to put you together.
    your appendix is soft tissue and in a very vascular area and so it heals fast and without a hitch - plus your appendix is not necessary for you to live.

your bones heal over a verey long time and even when the two broken parts meet, it takes tiome for these peices to become stromng like before - this is the case especially for bones that are nailed or screwed or whatnot.

your lap chole procedure is better than the old operation, an open cholecystectomy. but it have its own risks - the ports that are made to gain acess to ytour body are put in certain areas where there is not a lot of blood supply - because of thos it takes along time for these areas to heal properly in order for you to take the strain of lifting - trust me a little scar is better than a fat stretched out hernia!.
    itis also necessary to rest you LIVER! - your gall bladder is attached to you liver and after you lap chole - im sure they put a drain in to ensure that you wernt continually bleeding from your surgery before they said go home. this area can still bleed and if it does - no-one will know until youre dead.

better to live to fight another day my friend.
    stick to the docs advice - its in your best intrest.

T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Obadiah!
    You raise an excellent point.

I am of two minds on that matter however. First, you are exactly right that it is standard procedure in the medical community to order your gallbladder removed if they detect a stone. I mean it's an autopilot thing. They called me up, said I had a stone, and my gallbladder had to come out - boom.
    I had similar symptoms as you. Pain, nothing for a year or so, then bam, a week of pain, and then nothing again.
    Obadiah,
    What they said to me was that due to the stone(s), there was scaring in the gall bladder and therefore they had to remove it.. I can't begin to explain how horrible the pain was, I remember being hunched over for days in pain before I went to the doc, from that point they sent me straight to the emergency room. This pain had come and gone in prior years but I had no idea what it was. The only thing I can say for certain is that I can't seem to digest a big meal like I used to when my gall bladder was fully functional and I really do miss eating a very big meal once in a while.

Originally Posted by T.C.
    Obadiah,
    I can't begin to explain how horrible the pain was, I remember being hunched over for days in pain before I went to the doc, from that point they sent me straight to the emergency room.
    Yep, the pain is very intense, and there is nothing you can do to alleviate it, nothing. No position, no movement, no rest, it is a constant intense pain.

I have not experienced any after affects thus far. That is, I seem to be able to eat just as I did before, but it's only been a few weeks, so I hope that doesn't change.

Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Danoe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can you guys explain how the pain first started and exactly where you fealt it the most?
    Did it start with more of an on and off nagging, dull,constant uncomfortable type feeling?

Thats what I have been experiencing for the last week,and its on my right front side just below my ribcage.

Maybe I have been just stretching my stomach out to much too and it has been giving me a strained type feeling over there on my right side.

I have been trying to bulk,, so with the larger meals and gainers fuel 2500 (twin labs) I have been feeling bloated quite often, but gainers fuel has a ton of carbs and sugar, I think I will just stick to the whey protein for awhile and try not to stuff myself and see if that helps.

I'm obviously hoping its nothing serious, but if it continues, I guess I had better go in to see the doc.

What kind of doctor does one see for this? My doctor is out of the country for the summer, and I really dont want to go to a walkin clinic.

thanks

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Danoe
    Can you guys explain how the pain first started and exactly where you fealt it the most?
    Did it start with more of an on and off nagging, dull,constant uncomfortable type feeling?

Thats what I have been experiencing for the last week,and its on my right front side just below my ribcage.

Maybe I have been just stretching my stomach out to much too and it has been giving me a strained type feeling over there on my right side.

I have been trying to bulk,, so with the larger meals and gainers fuel 2500 (twin labs) I have been feeling bloated quite often, but gainers fuel has a ton of carbs and sugar, I think I will just stick to the whey protein for awhile and try not to stuff myself and see if that helps.

I'm obviously hoping its nothing serious, but if it continues, I guess I had better go in to see the doc.

What kind of doctor does one see for this? My doctor is out of the country for the summer, and I really dont want to go to a walkin clinic.

thanks
    Sounds like appendix to me... If it were lower I'd say hernia symptoms.

Pain and bleeding is somthing you should always go to Doctor. Soreness and pain are two different things.

Walkin clinic or not, if you're having a problem with pain you'd better deal with it, because your body is talking to you. It is saying something very important... "Listen to me, something is very wrong, time is important, GO NOW and fix me, or something very serious is going to occur".
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bf6067 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Clarification

At the time when I was told I had a gall bladder problem, I was being subjected to more medication than a person should have to take. I was gaining weight like crazy as a result and this one day, my chest felt as if I was about to have a heart attack. The problems which I was having had nothing to do with my gall bladder. But after doing some tests, they concluded that I had to have my gall bladder removed.

I have had a few gall bladder symptoms usually after eating lots of cheese. I would wake up the next morning feeling not right. I felt as if I needed to go to the bathroom but couldn't get any relief. Eventually, I would become extremely nautious and start to vomit. This would last for about an hour. Finally, I would end up staying still, almost sleeping and the feeling would pass. I think I have had 3 such experiences. But since I have been limiting my cheese intake, I still eat cheese, I haven't had any more bouts.

I read, on the internet, that if you go ten years from your first gall bladder attack with out a major attack, that you will not need your gall bladder removed. I have no idea whether this is true or false. I also read, there are things you can do to clean out your gall bladder and save it. I haven't tried them because I am not completely sure they are as safe as described.

On the flip side, my Mother and an Aunt had their gall bladders removed since they wanted to remove mine. In both cases, they were experiencing severe pain which lasted several days. Not some thing which passed in two hours. In their case, I agree, they really did not have a choice.

My problem with the subject is that there are no attempts on the part of the medical community to try and address the gall bladder and come up with possible ways to prevent people from having to lose their gall bladder. It is one thing if there isn't such a cure at the moment but my point is, the medical industry doesn't want to come up with a means to save people's gall bladders.

I am 100% anti-surgery unless it is absolutely critical with no other options. I agree, there are cases which require the removal of people's gall bladders but mainly that is because the medical industry doesn't want to do anything to save poeple's gall bladders.

It was mentioned about a heart attack. The difference is, the medical industry is trying to help people avoid having heart attacks. They are not helping us avoid having gall bladder problems. If you have high cholesterol, as an example, there are medicines available to help you lower it.

In my case, it was elective surgery to have my gall bladder removed. I refused to have it removed. To this day, I am not at all sorry I still have my gall bladder. What I am bothered by is the fact that after all of these years, I coud be doing something to prevent myself from having a major attack. There is no help available from the medical industry because they could care less about whether I have my gall bladder.

So, after this long winded comment, my point is not to suggest that there aren't emergency situations where removal is essential, my point is there is nothing available to help us prevent it. BTW. Again, according to articles on the Internet, most people have gall stones through out their lifetime and never know it. Mainly because they never have an attack.

I read, on the internet, that if you go ten years from your first gall bladder attack with out a major attack, that you will not need your gall bladder removed.
    True or not, medicine isn't practiced from articles read on the internet.

My problem with the subject is that there are no attempts on the part of the medical community to try and address the gall bladder and come up with possible ways to prevent people from having to lose their gall bladder.
    To the contrary. Risk factors for gallstones are well known:
    Risk factors for calculous cholecystitis

* Gallstones are more common in women.
    * Increasing age
    * Obesity or rapid weight loss
    * Native Americans are more prone. White people have a higher prevalence than black people. Scandinavians have a high prevalence of gallstones.
    * Pregnancy
    * Drugs

Acalculous cholecystitis is related to conditions associated with biliary stasis, including debilitation, major surgery, severe trauma, sepsis, long-term total parenteral nutrition (TPN), and prolonged fasting. Other causes of acalculous cholecystitis include cardiac events; sickle cell disease; Salmonella infections; diabetes mellitus; and cytomegalovirus, cryptosporidiosis, or microsporidiosis infections in patients with AIDS.

Some of these conditions are avoidable and some are not. But eating right and avoiding being overweight is defense mechanism numbers 1, 2, and 3.
    It was mentioned about a heart attack. The difference is, the medical industry is trying to help people avoid having heart attacks. They are not helping us avoid having gall bladder problems.
    Also of key importance here is the purported necessity of our hearts to continue living....not so with gall bladders.

There is no help available from the medical industry because they could care less about whether I have my gall bladder.
    Again, quite the contrary. The help is there. It's there in the form of the surgeon who will take out your gallbladder when acute cholecystitis strikes. If not treated appropriately, it's a life-threatening situation.

.....my point is not to suggest that there aren't emergency situations where removal is essential, my point is there is nothing available to help us prevent it.
    see above risk factors.

Again, according to articles on the Internet, most people have gall stones through out their lifetime and never know it. Mainly because they never have an attack.
    The majority of gallstones are asymptomatic. They go undetected because there's no medical necessity for routine scans of the gallbladder. They're either there not causing problems (thus, not needing medical attention), or they are symptomatic....requiring intervention.
    I'll mess with Texas.

thanks
    Well, we'll need an update from you, but let me tell you that a gallbladder attack in no way resembles a pulled muscle type of pain. It's been five months since I've had mine removed and I recall quite vividly the intense pain that lasted for hours - ususally during the middle of the night as I was rolling on the bathroom floor. My point is, if it is a gallbladder attack it will be fairly intense and not something easily confused with some other sort of pain.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)

thanks
    Sounds like your liver may be enlarging, when was the last time you had a liver enzyme profile?
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

StuShifty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry, i know this is an old thread, but any update on this?

I just had my gallbladder removed laprascopically 9 weeks ago (27, Male). My doc said i could start lifting again 4 weeks after the operation, so i did, starting out light with isolation exercises. Sometimes the night/day after i work out i'll feel a soreness around the abdominal area, usually around the incisions, but it'll only last a couple days. Did you also experience this? I was wondering if this was caused by my abs being weak and having to strengthen them again or if my abs still haven't healed fully from the operation and i'm just prolonging the recovery process..

markenzo17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Bodybuilding after Open Gallbladder surgery

I just have my gallblader OPEN surgery last Aug.01 2013 and my surgeon told me that i can do what ever i want after 2mos. I've been thinkin' if im gonna follow him or not, coz my friends, family keep telling me it will be dangerous if i go push my self to lift weights again. i've been searching for weeks just to find some answers "body building after gallblader surgery" then this site came out. Can you pls help me guys october.2 would be the 2nd month since my surgery done. I just want to know if i can go back to the gym pump some irons more than 90lbs? and start to workout again! thanks you so much guys your answers would really help me out . Thank you all and godbless.

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by markenzo17 View Post
    I just have my gallblader OPEN surgery last Aug.01 2013 and my surgeon told me that i can do what ever i want after 2mos. I've been thinkin' if im gonna follow him or not, coz my friends, family keep telling me it will be dangerous if i go push my self to lift weights again. i've been searching for weeks just to find some answers "body building after gallblader surgery" then this site came out. Can you pls help me guys october.2 would be the 2nd month since my surgery done. I just want to know if i can go back to the gym pump some irons more than 90lbs? and start to workout again! thanks you so much guys your answers would really help me out . Thank you all and godbless.
    Are your friends and family general surgeons? More than likely, no. Are we here at bb.com, no. Why in the world are you listing to them, and looking to us for advice?

your general surgeon went to college 4 years under grad, 4 years med school, and several years of residency, fellowship, etc. So more than likely with 20+ years of experience, wouldn't he be the one to listen to?
    ….