Softballfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Best rep range for cutting?

Whats the best rep range for cutting?
    "because hittin bombs is what I do"

Dance with the Devil xxinkdforlifexx's Avatar
    xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd like an answer to this too .

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    You'll probably be told that there's no cut range. Just as there aren't cutting exercises (you cut by losing fat), there aren't cut rep ranges.

Another school of thought is higher reps = slightly more cardio effect.

My personal thought is higher reps are good because you're likely going to lose some strength on a cut, so rather than get bummed about getting one fewer rep on your bench, you can take a hiatus and work on lower weights / higher reps.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Softballfan View Post
    Whats the best rep range for cutting?
    A few important points...

The best is partially based on what type muscle fiber you are dominant in ...

Lower reps and short rest periods lead to elevated EPOC ...
    Higher reps AND high intensity techniques coupled with short rest periods lead to elevated exercised-induced GH release ...

The different rep ranges and rest periods attack different muscle fiber types too - which if used together leads to better anaerobic & aerobic conditioning and muscular endurance.

Some other considerations... http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1499282
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    While status in the pack is important when it comes to a rep range on bb.com, you can start cutting here if you have a low rep count. Does anyone remember EazyE? He had like a negative 5000 rep range and he just kept cutting and cutting. I think he is still cutting. Bulk Eazy, bulk!

Oh, you mean exercise rep range. My bad....

Highly controversial topic, with many opinions. I'd personally say a higher range, with lower weight is better for cutting, as you get a cardio effect as well. Results matter, so try it and see what happens with you.

MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to do 50+ reps when I was trying to cut but it seems like it's wasting time doing so many, but some might say otherwise; not sure myself actually.

PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    While status in the pack is important when it comes to a rep range on bb.com, you can start cutting here if you have a low rep count. Does anyone remember EazyE? He had like a negative 5000 rep range and he just kept cutting and cutting. I think he is still cutting. Bulk Eazy, bulk!

Oh, you mean exercise rep range. My bad....

lol, repped. You had me goin for a sec.

Fact is, the more muscle one gains, the more fat one loses(If the cutter has a proper diet)

So , IMO it doesn't really matter. Lower reps may tone up your muscles, but I don't think they put enough stress on the muscles though. It's really up to you to decide what you want to do. Whatever that choice is, as long as you're consistent, will produce results.