spikefromnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Bodybuilding videos for newbies...where??!!

Hi Guys;

I am over 40, smoker, overweight and NEVER lifted weights in my life, and now my doctor suggests I begin a "workout" plan to increase my lifespan.

OK, there are several videos/dvds on Pilates (I don't think so), Tae-bo & the Billy Blanks Fitness Bootcamp (I don't want an immediate heartattack yet!), CORE Secrets (nice looking spokeswoman, but not enough space in living room for the ball and I can't take it to a gym!); etc....but NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING at all--on Basic Bodybuilding for the newbie or "fatty" on dvd/video!!

Not only do I see nothing on the subject anywhere on the internet, I am surprised that a "bodybuilding" forum would have nothing on the subject either (beside the 10second video clips found on this site), and it seems that 99% of the people here are weightlifting and generally working out--but where are the truly "overweight and out-of-shapers"--and why can't we find any video "plastics" on the subject?? (books are fine, except watching a person "doing it properly" would be a better booster!)

True, I could walk into any gym and pay my monies for a membership (done that)--only to be hit with a $60-70 dollar-an hour tab for a "personal" trainer (NY is expensive!) and given a beautiful and toned "woman" as a trainer! (really now, what fat guy wants to sweat, grunt and generally look "fat"--in front of a woman up close?!!)

I REALLY would appreciate any help in finding a good bodybuilding/weightlifting VIDEO/DVD---because my body really needs to find its way into shape!!!

Thanks--

Milk does a body good. Sir_Malak's Avatar
    Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some might say:

"If your goal is to only be fit do only cardio."

Some might say:

"If your goal is to bodybuild do mostly workouts."

I say:

"Either way workout and cardio because muscles burn fat and calories while your snoozing even, the more the marrier "

For workout videos the fit show episodes are a great source as are these forums. There are many videos posted by people.

I wouldnt give in to Billy Blanks etc.. and their dominant quest for money

my 2 cents.
    2014 Misc Raw Bench Press Contest winner in the 276lb+ 555lb lift @ ~280lbs
    2014 Obtained goal of 600+ raw bench press. Shoulder also hates me.
    2015 Lost 110 lbs and currently enjoy being healthy. Retired heavy bench press.
    2016 Stay healthy? Help others?
    2017 Staying Healthy
    2018 Might Return To The Game