archtraitor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements for running and maintaining muscle mass

I currently am running to decrease my overall BF% but I am continuing to lift weights so that i do not look like a stick. I run 4 times a week at a good pace for 30-40 minutes and on off-running days i do my usual weightlifting. Dropping weight will inevitably deplete my muscle but i want to lessen the impact with the proper supplements (only natural). I am currently taking glutamine and i am well aware of its positive attributes. I would like to find out what other supplements are out there (again, natural only) that will aid in my goal of dropping my BF% and maintain my muscle.

cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BCAAs. See: Scivation Xtend (which also features citrulline malate and glutamine).
    SAN Nutrition
    sann.net / pumpedmag.com / starmarklabs.com

bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Clout would be a good option for this too. Orotic acid is good for strength and endurance and the other stuff in Clout will help you recover and give you energy and strength too so you can maintain lean body mass.

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Clout and Xtend stacked.......or bulk bcaa's and bulk citrulline malate.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep eating well... plenty of protein, several smaller meals throughout the day, etc. I'm also going with the advice posted above...drinking something like Xtend which is BCAA's with citrulline malate pre, during, and post workout will help prevent your body from breaking down your muscle tissue to fuel those long runs!
    If you can't join'em, beat'em.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by deserusan
    or bulk bcaa's and bulk citrulline malate.
    ""

highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO the most cost effective approach would eb to use bulk BCAA's.. as said by everyone who posted before me.
    "The biggest risk in life is not taking one"

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. " - John Wooden

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"

Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rushi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by archtraitor
    I currently am running to decrease my overall BF% but I am continuing to lift weights so that i do not look like a stick. I run 4 times a week at a good pace for 30-40 minutes and on off-running days i do my usual weightlifting. Dropping weight will inevitably deplete my muscle but i want to lessen the impact with the proper supplements (only natural). I am currently taking glutamine and i am well aware of its positive attributes. I would like to find out what other supplements are out there (again, natural only) that will aid in my goal of dropping my BF% and maintain my muscle.
    the most important thing is to keep your protein intake high

creatine, citrulline malate and extra BCAAs would also be beneficial

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deserusan
    Clout and Xtend stacked.......or bulk bcaa's and bulk citrulline malate.
    Good advice.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

bucknasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by archtraitor
    Do you have a heartrate monitor? you won't "deplete" your muscle if you are running in your target zones. Do some research into heart rate zone training.

here is an old book by sally edwards, but the methods are still true
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/187...lance&n=283155

Those generic "zones" on cardio machines are crap. You need a good monitor (Polar) that gives you the ability to set upper and lower zones with "time" spent in each zone.

If you are "aerobic" during your runs, you won't "burn up" muscle. But the going "anarobic" for the majority of the run will start burning up muscle.

I also agree with the other advice, so I won't repeat it.

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Scivation Xtend will help you out for sure. Scivation Xtend are BCAA'S, which will help you recover from your workouts and help you maintain and even gain some lean mass on a cut. You could go with bulk BCAA'S but they taste horrible so I dont recommend it. I currently supplement with Scivation Xtend watermellon and it taste great, grape is also good. Since taking xtend my recovery has been through the roof and I am seeing my best gains in muscle mass. Here is some more info on xtend
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=672898

Also if your looking for a supplement to help you lose fat I recommend Sesamin, Sesamin will allow for more fats to be oxidized and decreases fat storage. I currently Take Scivation Sesamin year round, On a bulk I take 1-2 caps to keep my fat gains down, On a cut I take 2-3 Caps to acclerate the fat loss process.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Registered User Has Cricket Legs's Avatar
    Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Has Cricket Legs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Xtend will help with providing an energy boost, with recovery, and maintaining muscle. People cutting while using Xtend have noticed great results.

WARNING: Once you start taking Xtend, you wont be able to stop. Just a heads up...

NO-xplode has helped me on timed running events when taken about 1 hour prior. This is more of a performance thing. I'm not saying its helped with my running capability in the long run, but I definetly notice a difference when I take it.

Protein, protein, protein.

Flax/fish oil

I've heard great things about clout. It will definetly be my next creatine supplement once GB runs out.

Of course you need to up your water intake for running alone, but adding in supplements increases the demand even further.

archtraitor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To Bucknasty: I understand the idea of keeping your BPM's around your target heart rate and not in the glycogen burning area to reduce my BF%. I do not go through change easilly and i still prefer running at a constant moderate-hard pace for 30-40 minutes to get my fat loss time in. I realize this is not super optimal and i do by the end actually get to 80-90% and i feel i may be slightly depleting my muscle while losing weight, hence the suppplements (just in case). Thank you for all your input guys and I will try the Xtend, with lots of water, a few healthy fats, and lots of protein.

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds good bro, Best of luck. You will love the Xtend.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863