Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Now you're just rubbing it in!
    LOL, I survived training in a tornado yesterday that deserves a good meal!! and alot wine. I'm debating on what to do with deer meat today, stew or try to make a coconut thia curry dish with it?? I'll let ya know what I decide.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    LOL, I survived training in a tornado yesterday that deserves a good meal!! and alot wine. I'm debating on what to do with deer meat today, stew or try to make a coconut thia curry dish with it?? I'll let ya know what I decide.
    Tornado just makes it more interesting.

I'd go with the Thai.

You keep doing this and you're gonna have random OR posters showing up for dinner.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tornado just makes it more interesting.

I'd go with the Thai.

You keep doing this and you're gonna have random OR posters showing up for dinner.
    Thai it is.. will post pics and recipe afterward.. tornadoes make me hungry. To much excitement burns lots of calories.

Dinner..

Thai Style Green Curry Deer stew.... whatever the **** you wanna call it **** was good.

Small potatoes cut in half and boiled in chicken stock, salt, pepper.. about 15 minutes then drain most of the chicken stock and set it aside add 2 cups light coconut milk & about 2 tablespoons of thai style green curry seasoning blend. While that comes back up to boiling slightly.. saute onion, red peppers, yellow peppers and garlic in a little olive oil. When ready dump those in with the potatoes. Use the same pan to sear off the chunks of deer meat with some salt & pepper. Then sprinkle some flour over the meat with a little more olive oil and stir till the flour browns a little. Mix in the chicken stock (get rid of lumps..lol) then dump the potato stuff in with the meat and mix it all together.. simmer till thickened.

Add... bread cause I ****ed the rice.. we can talk about that incident after the fire department leaves.

add ...

and finish off with..

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice. I had chicken breast and a bowl of cereal. lol

Nice. I had chicken breast and a bowl of cereal. lol
    Aw that's kinda sad.. I hope it was at least a fun cereal, like cookie crisp or captain crunch.

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    Aw that's kinda sad.. I hope it was at least a fun cereal, like cookie crisp or captain crunch.
    Cheerios. :/
    Ah well, I actually kinda like cereal because I rarely get to eat it. Birthday today, will be trying to stay away from the kid's cake for a few hours now.

I had bison burgers today..

1 large egg
    2 tsp Dijon Mustard
    2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    herbs
    1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, Romano cheese
    2 lb. ground bison
    Top with munster cheese

Chocolate Lovers Red wine & Bison Shepard pie

Filling

1 tablespoon Smoked paprika
    1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    4 to 6 pounds ground bison
    1/4 pound bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
    2 tablespoons (or more) olive oil
    2 chopped sweet onion
    2 red bell pepper
    4 garlic cloves, chopped
    2 cups Chocolate Shop's Chocolate Lovers red wine (if you a substitute chocolate wine make sure it's chocolate flavored and a milky version ... and trust me chocolate flavors and bison go extremely well together.) )
    2 2/3 cups low-salt chicken broth
    1 cup stewed diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes (I used tomatoes I stew earlier in the week with alot of basil, oregano, sweet onions, peppers, & garlic)
    2 bay leaves
    1 to 2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
    1 to 2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
    1/2 to 1 teaspoon basil
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red peppers

Mashed-Potato Crust

2 to 2 1/4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, quartered
    1 cup fat free half & half
    1/2 cup olive oil butter
    1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    * roasted garlic pack

For the garlic...
    * 4 to 6 heads garlic
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons salt

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Remove any loose skin from the garlic heads and cut a 1/4-inch slice off the tops, exposing the tips of the cloves. Set the garlic heads cut side up on a sheet of aluminum foil and sprinkle with the olive oil and salt. Wrap the heads in the foil and roast until tender, about 45 minutes. Let cool before peeling.

Garnish for the potatoes..

1 large egg
    1 tablespoon water
    1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese

Filling

Fry bacon set aside. Saute bison in the middle of big grill pan with onions and peppers. Then add red wine and bring to a boil removing anything on the bottom of the pan. Cook down for a few minutes and add spices and chicken broth. Bring this a boil and then add tomatoes and bacon. Cook down about till liquid reduces some.. if needed you can add a little flour to thicken.

Mashed-Potato Crust

Boil potatoes in lightly salted water (or chicken stock which I prefer) till soft. Then mash with some of the garlic, butter, half & half and salt & pepper.

Preheat oven to 400°F. Spoon bison filling into baking dish. Spoon mashed potatoes over the top. Beat egg and 1 tablespoon water to blend. Brush over potatoes, then sprinkle cheese all over.
    Bake pie until top is browned and filling is heated through 25 to 40 minutes depending on long you let cool before putting it all together and depending on the size of your dish. I use little casserole dishes that hold like a big serving so baking time is kind short.

before potatoes..

Last edited by grace_ou; 04-27-2012 at 05:01 PM.

thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    anyone ever use Ted Nugents kill it and grill it cook book?
    Mark good recipes will have to write a few down.
    yeaahhhh I'm checking that out

Venison Meatloaf w/ tomato gravy

venison ground about 2 lbs (marinate in a little game tame for about 30 mins before hand)
    ground lamb or beef or sausage (not to lean) about 1/2 a pound
    about 1/4 to 1/2 cup all whites
    about 1/4 to 1/2 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
    about 1/2 cup or more finely diced onions & bell peppers
    a garlic clove or 3
    Sorry I don't measure spices really I just add them ..lol just got light on each ..
    black pepper
    crushed red pepper
    salt
    parsley
    fennel
    basil
    oregano
    bay leaf
    coriander
    cumin
    mustard powder
    rosemary
    sun dried tomatoes
    celery seed

Ok here's the important part cause if you squish and pack the meat together you will **** up the texture. Ground meat that's been packed isn't good.. it just want have that nice mouth feel that a looser meat will have. (stop laughing it's true.. you have to feel good about the meat in your mouth it's important) So mix lightly, turn it over don't press!

Ok now I use this square muffin loaf type pan (each square holds about 4 to 6 oz) because you can make them in serving sizes instead of one big chunk. They cook better that way and don't try out. Bake at 375 for about 20 mins .. don't over cook!!

Tomato Gravy

Gravy:

1/2 medium onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, smashed
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter
    3 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 bay leaf
    1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium chicken or beef broth
    1 (15 1/2-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes I like the garlic olive oil ones..
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan
    1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    Freshly ground black pepper

Cook the onions, garlic, and oregano in the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Add the tomato paste and bay leaf. Stir until paste turns brick red and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook sauce until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Whisk in Parmesan cheese, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Discard the bay leaf before serving.

2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone have a good chili recipe?

Buddy gave some ground up doe burger from last season and want to make some chili.

FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 2k10SS View Post
    Anyone have a good chili recipe?

Buddy gave some ground up doe burger from last season and want to make some chili.

I've never had a deer, but have always made it this way with elk:

2lbs ground venison
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    3 minced garlic cloves
    2 14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes (don't drain)
    1 28oz can of pork and beans (don't drain)
    3 tablespoons of salsa (or just chopped up peppers of your choice)
    1 tablespoon of brown sugar (I skip this sometimes when I just want a spicy chili)
    1 tablespoon chilli powder
    1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
    1/2 tablespoon pepper

Cook the meat with the onion and garlic until it's almost done.
    Drain the grease.
    Stir in the rest of that schit and bring it all to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least 45 minutes, preferably up to 2-3 hours.
    Do I even lift?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142588721

Competitive shooting chat thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162987591

| MFCi |

Registered User PrimalMuscleFit's Avatar
    PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Roasted Duck:

1 whole duck
    3 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    3 teaspoons paprika
    1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
    Add the paprika, salt and pepper on the duck skin
    Roast duck for 1 hour, add the 1/4 cup butter
    Cook for 45-50 more minutes

Easy recipe that tastes good.
    http://www.primalmuscle.com/affiliates.asp?utm_source=Forum%2B&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=Primal

Originally Posted by FitStick View Post
    I've never had a deer, but have always made it this way with elk:

2lbs ground venison
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    3 minced garlic cloves
    2 14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes (don't drain)
    1 28oz can of pork and beans (don't drain)
    3 tablespoons of salsa (or just chopped up peppers of your choice)
    1 tablespoon of brown sugar (I skip this sometimes when I just want a spicy chili)
    1 tablespoon chilli powder
    1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
    1/2 tablespoon pepper

Cook the meat with the onion and garlic until it's almost done.
    Drain the grease.
    Stir in the rest of that schit and bring it all to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least 45 minutes, preferably up to 2-3 hours.
    Originally Posted by PrimalMuscleFit View Post
    Roasted Duck:

1 whole duck
    3 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    3 teaspoons paprika
    1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
    Add the paprika, salt and pepper on the duck skin
    Roast duck for 1 hour, add the 1/4 cup butter
    Cook for 45-50 more minutes

Easy recipe that tastes good.
    I'm gonna try both of those. Gimme a few weeks.

Coffee-Marinated Bison Short Ribs

Ingredients
    Marinade

4 cups water
    3 cups chilled strong brewed coffee
    1/2 cup coarse kosher salt
    3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons (packed) dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
    2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    2 cups ice cubes
    4 pounds bison (often labeled buffalo) short ribs, cut between ribs to separate

Short Ribs

1/4 cup chopped bacon (about 1 1/2 ounces)
    2 cups chopped onions
    1/2 cup chopped shallots
    6 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, chopped
    1 cup strong brewed coffee
    1 cup low-salt chicken broth
    1/4 cup chili sauce (such as Heinz) or ketchup
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon soy sauce

Preparation
    For marinade

Stir 4 cups water, coffee, 1/2 cup coarse salt, and sugar in large bowl until salt and sugar dissolve. Add syrup and next 3 ingredients; stir until ice melts. Add ribs. Place plate atop ribs to keep submerged. Cover and chill 4 to 6 hours. Drain ribs; discard marinade. DO AHEAD: Drained ribs can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.

For short ribs

Preheat oven to 325°F. Sauté bacon in heavy large wide ovenproof pot over medium heat until beginning to brown. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to plate. Increase heat to medium-high. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook ribs until browned on all sides, about 7 minutes per batch. Transfer to large plate. Add onions, shallots, garlic, and jalapeño to pot. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add coffee and broth; stir, scraping up browned bits. Add chili sauce and all remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Add bacon and ribs, cover, and transfer to oven. Braise until meat is tender, about 2 hours 15 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Cool slightly. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm in 325°F oven until heated through, about 20 minutes, before continuing.
    Transfer ribs to plate; tent with foil to keep warm. Spoon fat from surface of sauce. Boil sauce until reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over ribs.

Its ok, Im a Limo driver! ShackledOrphan's Avatar
    ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Duck: Halve the duck and place into a deep baking dish. Cover with orange juice and top with a few sprigs of rosemary. Bake and enjoy.

Rabbit (My favorite): cover the rabbit with grain mustard. Then generously coat with sage, thyme, parsley, onion powder, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Lightly finish with a sprinkle of white pepper (not too much). Let this sit for 30~ minutes then smoke it on the grill or toss into a slow cooker. Low and slow will give you the perfect rabbit. This is my favorite recipe so I hope y'all enjoy!
    Goal: Aesthetic as F*ck, 8-9%/ABs, Continual acquisition of fitness and nutrition knowledge, & Athleticism.

My Dog @ his worst > Your Dog @ it's best.

Boxing & Lifting FTW

Who said dieting had to be bland? iChef

milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) milanooco has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Oddball8945 View Post
    Squirrel Recipies~

1.Skin Squirrels
    2.Cut legs off and back part with the most meat
    3.Put the pieces into a breadcrum salt mixture
    4.Add garlic powder and paprika
    5. Bake until crispy

mmmmmmmmmm
    Bake until crispy.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Waterfowl
    I just crockpot that crap out of ducks and geese with various recipes I Mike in the fly. Sometimes cream of ushroom soup. Sometimes carrots, potatoes, onions and a packet of onion soup mix.

Squirrels
    Skin and quarter , cook in the pressure cooker until tender then oven fry breaded with coconut oil and seasoned to taste.

Venison
    Steaks, scored and broiled with garlic salt and pepper and olive oil.
    Scraps trimmings grinded into burger for chili.

Pheasant
    Tenderized with meat mallet, breaded with " Don's Onion ring" breaking and Pan fired for pheasant burgers.

Doves
    Lemon, garlic, and honey marinated then skewered and grilled.

Rabbits same as squirrels or made into stew in crockpot.

Love this time of year.

Jasonaake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Waterfowl
    I just crockpot that crap out of ducks and geese with various recipes I Mike in the fly. Sometimes cream of ushroom soup. Sometimes carrots, potatoes, onions and a packet of onion soup mix.

Squirrels
    Skin and quarter , cook in the pressure cooker until tender then oven fry breaded with coconut oil and seasoned to taste.

Venison
    Steaks, scored and broiled with garlic salt and pepper and olive oil.
    Scraps trimmings grinded into burger for chili.

Pheasant
    Tenderized with meat mallet, breaded with " Don's Onion ring" breaking and Pan fired for pheasant burgers.

Doves
    Lemon, garlic, and honey marinated then skewered and grilled.

Rabbits same as squirrels or made into stew in crockpot.

Love this time of year.

HI,

All of these are so interesting, I have just tried the first one and it came out well..
    Thanks for sharing...

McPhlappy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha this thread is truly misc