Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

losing fat while gaining muscle

i believe to be impossible

i also believe that an attempt to gain no fat while gaining muscle is futile

if you disagree that is fine, post pictures to prove me wrong

not articles, not stats, only pictures

post progression pictures of yourself either bulking and not getting fatter or losing fat while gaining muscle

also i want to see pics of ppl who side with me and feel fat gain is unavoidable when gaining significant muscle mass(ppl who bulk and cut)

if you are a scrawney lil dude dont bother posting since all you do is hurt your side

my pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=693840

9 months earlier:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=491786

AWPinFLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe it to be possible....but only with the right genetics and a very strict diet and cardio/weights schedule. I appear to be lucky in that since I've gone from ~ 20%BF and 188lbs (~37lbs fat and 151lbs LBM) to around 10-11% bf at 175lbs (21lbs fat and 157lbs lbm) and at the same time added around 1.5" to my arms, legs and chest. Thats a fat loss of 14lbs at the same time as a muscle gain of 6lbs in about 12 weeks. I know the gains arent stunning...hence my desire to now bulk a little before re-cutting down to about 8%.

I will say that it probably gets tougher to do this as you progress though. And theres no way you could get cut into compo shape without losing some I guess.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=716788

xplosd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well no **** you gained a lot of fat, you ate 8,000+ calories a day, what did you expect?

Multiply your weight by 17 and add 300-500 and thats all the calories you need for a bulk, anything else will just turn into fat.

V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by xplosd
    Well no **** you gained a lot of fat, you ate 8,000+ calories a day, what did you expect?

Multiply your weight by 17 and add 300-500 and thats all the calories you need for a bulk, anything else will just turn into fat.
    ive seen ur posts 90%flames and ur a newbie.....

Originally Posted by AWPinFLA
    I believe it to be possible....but only with the right genetics and a very strict diet and cardio/weights schedule. I appear to be lucky in that since I've gone from ~ 20%BF and 188lbs (~37lbs fat and 151lbs LBM) to around 10-11% bf at 175lbs (21lbs fat and 157lbs lbm) and at the same time added around 1.5" to my arms, legs and chest. Thats a fat loss of 14lbs at the same time as a muscle gain of 6lbs in about 12 weeks. I know the gains arent stunning...hence my desire to now bulk a little before re-cutting down to about 8%.

I will say that it probably gets tougher to do this as you progress though. And theres no way you could get cut into compo shape without losing some I guess.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=716788
    nice gains
    hope you can keep them coming as nicely

Originally Posted by V5RED
    nice gains
    hope you can keep them coming as nicely
    Yeah cheers...Im expecting it to get harder lol. Oh well its all good. Rome wasnt built in a day and all that.

Whatever, you can get all defensive and make **** up, doesn't mean what I said was wrong. When you multiply your weight by 17 thats how many calories your body naturally burns along with working out, so adding 300-500 would be used to build mass.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whatever, you can get all defensive and make **** up, doesn't mean what I said was wrong. When you multiply your weight by 17 thats how many calories your body naturally burns along with working out, so adding 300-500 would be used to build mass.

that simple huh? so you shouldnt consider age, body type, body composition or activity level at all?? man, you really know your ****

BOOOOOO

Im just repeating what I read in a Muscle and Fitness mag dude, I'm not trying to preach some new revolution. Obviously not everyone is alike, but just use that formula as a base and keep adding calories until you notice your adding on a considerbale amount of fat. And yeah it is that simple. 150 x 17 = 2550, add on 300-500 calories thats like 2850-3050, what sounds so obscure about that my friend?

Im just repeating what I read in a Muscle and Fitness mag dude, I'm not trying to preach some new revolution. Obviously not everyone is alike, but just use that formula as a base and keep adding calories until you notice your adding on a considerbale amount of fat. And yeah it is that simple. 150 x 17 = 2550, add on 300-500 calories thats like 2850-3050, what sounds so obscure about that my friend?
    stop changing my damn topic

also for future reference, most of the stuff in muscle and fitness is bs designed to get u to buy supps

Ninja Life Extensionist Herbgarden's Avatar
    Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Muahahahaahha! Keep reading those mags, pro

I'll do you all a favor,

BMR Men: 66 + (6.22 x Weight (lbs.)] + [12.7 x Height (inches)] - (6.8 x Age) = your BMR

Lightly active (normal, everyday activities)... BMR x 1.3 = Maintenance Calorie Level
    Moderately active (exercise 3 to 4 times a week)... BMR x 1.4 = Maintenance Calorie Level
    Very active (exercise more than 4 times a week)... BMR x 1.6 = Maintenance Calorie Level
    Extremely active (exercise 6 to 7 times a week for more than 1 hour duration)... BMR x 1.8 = Maintenance Calorie

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

lost?... find your whey thewhey's Avatar
    thewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have just recently done that, gained muscle, lost fat. Specifically gained bout 1/2 inch in my arms, and lost around 2 inches in my gut. These pics aren't the greatest, but you should be able to make out some difference. The top pic is before I cut.
    Attached Images

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    first of all let me say - 300 lbs wow! Whats it like moving around at 300 lbs on a 5'8" frame? lolol I'm impressed that you can do that at 20 years old, but I have to be a bit concerned for your health too... going from 180 to 300 over a period of time (especially when a good amount of it is bloodthirsty muscle) has GOT to put some serious strain on your heart, not to mention joints and **** like that. Have you been doing any cardio while putting that much weight on?

Very few of us will ever see that kind of weight so do us a favor and tell us what its like!

As for gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time, I dont think its impossible, I might have been doing that for the past 4 weeks w/ my recent bulk, my dad says I look leaner, but I'm a little bigger and def. stronger. I think its hard to do tho, much easier to put on fat and muscle or lose fat(and probably a little muscle).

Ninja Life Extensionist Herbgarden's Avatar
    Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You think it will be easy to cut from 300 lbs? And if done in haste, without losing most of the muscle? And you're damn right, it is and has already been putting a huge amount strain and stress on your heart, your circulatory system, excretory system, joints, etc. It is just the matter of time before something gives in, you can't expect be healthy after putting on so much mass in short time without training gradually to maintain in.

You think it will be easy to do High Intensity cardio at 300lbs? for how long? Can you imagine how much stress you will put your body through by doing a cardio at 300lbs? Even after you cut, the damage has been done...well anyways, you catch my drift.

If you disagree, go cut down to at least 10% bf, and see to your doctor for some analysis.

hammerfist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hammerfist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hammerfist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hammerfist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    carb cycling

Originally Posted by Herbgarden
    You think it will be easy to cut from 300 lbs? And if done in haste, without losing most of the muscle? And you're damn right, it is and has already been putting a huge amount strain and stress on your heart, your circulatory system, excretory system, joints, etc. It is just the matter of time before something gives in, you can't expect be healthy after putting on so much mass in short time without training gradually to maintain in.

You think it will be easy to do High Intensity cardio at 300lbs? for how long? Can you imagine how much stress you will put your body through by doing a cardio at 300lbs? Even after you cut, the damage has been done...well anyways, you catch my drift.

If you disagree, go cut down to at least 10% bf, and see to your doctor for some analysis.
    i never do cardio.....its pretty worthless

well ive seen some ok sized ppl that cut while bulking but noone huge yet....id love to see someone huge who did it

hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hameronkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well ive seen some ok sized ppl that cut while bulking but noone huge yet....id love to see someone huge who did it
    Thus For proving your first post's first statement wrong. It is not impossible.

Im doing a 6 week body recomp in which im taking GlycerGrow, Caffeine, 25 mg Ephedra, Creatine and doing a regular lifting schedule but adding 10 minutes of low intensity treadmill pre workout (and might consider some interval training at night during week 2)

I just did a bulk starting on Jan 10 at 178.3 lbs and today i weighed in at 204.7 I want to maintain a 200 lb body frame and will keep all of you updated.
    6'2
    225 pounds
    bench - 315
    deadlift-405x4
    squat-275x5

working on explosiveness and endurance for football

awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    about 1yr+ apart. i weigh less in the after.
    Attached Images
    USMC - Semper Fi and Semper Fit.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)

hmm, I dunno man, that sounds "pretty ignorant" if you ask me. Even ronnie coleman does cardio and hes a superfreak. I would have thought more about doing SOME sort of low impact cardio, not only would it have kept you in better physical shape, but it will help keep your heart and lungs from crapping out on your 300 lb self.

I think it becomes even MORE important when you are on steroids. Your body has already undergone some MASSIVE changes due to the influx of hormones changing things like blood pressure, liver function, cholesterol levels... on top of that you are add on over 100 lbs of mass in less then a year? If you are going to go through that much trouble, why not at least attempt to keep yourself as healthy as possible in the process? Just some food for thought... you are a young guy(like me), still developing..., you don't want to jeopardize your health.

I know you dont want to hear this, it sounds like you have some pretty strong opinions about things... and it gets you results... but just want to show you the other side of the equation. Perhaps you can give me your views on the topics I brought up?

While you've certainly made impressive gains (muscle and fat I guess) personally I prefer to take the long road. I'd rather be 200lbs lean in two years time and live to enjoy it for another 50 years than massively huge in a year and drop down dead in ten. (we are about the same height by the way).

Anyway, each to their own I guess and good luck bro.

Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Last Winter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    V5 man you look freaking awsome! You're bf is no where, where i thought it would be at 300 wow! very impressive man. and on a side note to all the newbs talking about staying lean, the guy wants to go pro... So he should take years staying lean to get to where he wants to be? look at him after 8-9 months now thats progress.

And to anyone who says he wont cut up good or it will take him long just look at this poster on the boards, strongman mikeys bulk+cut for a comp he placed first in

bulk http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...5&d=1123204665

cut http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...3&d=1134953466 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...5&d=1134953548

I wanna transform my body falloutpat's Avatar
    falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is possible..

6 weeks ago i started at 124 lbs 25% BF and now I'm 119 lbs at 20.5% BF .. That's around 7 lbs of fat lost and around 1.5 lbs muscle gained ..

Not a lot but then again I'm a girl so i suppose gains are not as much as guys

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I hate to be a dick but I got to call it as I see it....in your before pic it looks like your carrying 230lbs of muscle at least under the fat, in your post cut picture it looks like your carrying 160lbs of muscle, tops....I wasnt going to say anything because you still looked pretty good, but now I'm understanding why you lose what looks like 70lbs of muscle each season, because you are ignorant to the science of nutrition, fat loss, and fitness.....the idea of cardio being worthless is just plain ridiculous, yes of course you can cut without it, but why would you want to if you really knew the benefits of it?

I'm in the middle of a cut right now...(week 7)...I started at 220, and I'm currently 208 and I'm almost positive I haven't lost ANY muscle, you should try carb cycling its pretty effective, its the closest thing to losing fat and gaining muscle simultaneously out there, because in the space of a week you have days dedicated to building muscle, and burning fat. My strength has stayed the same throughout the cut and in the mirror the only difference is less belly fat and increased definition....

Now I know that you are convinced that its impossible to lose fat and gain muscle during the same time period or even to lose fat and not lose a little muscle, but honestly, looking at your before and after pics I can understand why you believe that to be true.

"People do what they know until they know better" - Maya Angelou

its just sad when people refuse to do better even when they know better because they won't change their ways out of pride....

oh yeah....and its ****in unhealthy to lose that much weight and gain that much weight in short time periods over and over...who are you oprah?

oh, and I have before pics, but your gonna have to wait until I get my after pics when I finish my cut....since you'll probably ignore my logic and just say "don't be a punk, prove it with pics"

xp388 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xp388 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cardio is worthless ? Clearly you are one big dumb person.

Ever hear of cardiovascular health ?

Also why wuodl you want to look like that unless your into power lifting ? You R FAT !!Dont even think about calling yourself a body builder

k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0rup7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xp388
    Cardio is worthless ? Clearly you are one big dumb person.

Ever hear of cardiovascular health ?

Also why wuodl you want to look like that unless your into power lifting ? You R FAT !!Dont even think about calling yourself a body builder
    Dude stfu. Do you not realize how much muscle he has put on his frame? If he cuts 40 lbs he will look like a gorrilla.

Food ... mmmmmmmmm ... FatnBald's Avatar
    FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatnBald is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going to point out the obvious here that everyone seems to avoid...if you're underdeveloped and small to start out with, it can be possible for you. If you've been training right, it ain't happenin without drugs at any reasonable pace.
    I love me some peptides

BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Quelly
    I hate to be a dick but I got to call it as I see it....in your before pic it looks like your carrying 230lbs of muscle at least under the fat, in your post cut picture it looks like your carrying 160lbs of muscle, tops....I wasnt going to say anything because you still looked pretty good, but now I'm understanding why you lose what looks like 70lbs of muscle each season, because you are ignorant to the science of nutrition, fat loss, and fitness.....the idea of cardio being worthless is just plain ridiculous, yes of course you can cut without it, but why would you want to if you really knew the benefits of it?

I'm in the middle of a cut right now...(week 7)...I started at 220, and I'm currently 208 and I'm almost positive I haven't lost ANY muscle, you should try carb cycling its pretty effective, its the closest thing to losing fat and gaining muscle simultaneously out there, because in the space of a week you have days dedicated to building muscle, and burning fat. My strength has stayed the same throughout the cut and in the mirror the only difference is less belly fat and increased definition....

Now I know that you are convinced that its impossible to lose fat and gain muscle during the same time period or even to lose fat and not lose a little muscle, but honestly, looking at your before and after pics I can understand why you believe that to be true.

"People do what they know until they know better" - Maya Angelou

its just sad when people refuse to do better even when they know better because they won't change their ways out of pride....

oh yeah....and its ****in unhealthy to lose that much weight and gain that much weight in short time periods over and over...who are you oprah?

Burn..you forgot that the before after photos are of him before he bulked up. He gained muscle and fat, not lost it. Read posts first next time!
    "I think if you're alive and you want to be into something, you should be nuts about, or nuts about something else. Don't be half way about anything, because life is too short. If you're going to love somebody, love them, if you're going to hate them, hate them." -Henry Rollins