jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Question Bench Press Touch And Go And Pause And Press.

I am competing May 6th in an AAU meet which is pause and press. I am training that way now but have never maxed out with the pause. How much less in pounds on average, does someone loose when going from a max with the touch and go, to a pause?
    Philippians 4:13

Registered User randall_truscot's Avatar
    randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500)
    probably a good 15lbs at the most.
    Kirk Karwoski Wanna Be

NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000) NickW is just really nice. (+1000)
    It more like 20-25lbs for most people
    Work in progress

Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends. If you move the bar during the eccentric phase at speed then you make it more difficult due to weight being accelerated towards you. The only way to compensate for this is to bounce it off your chest, which you should never do or more properly have the weight under control at all times.

Lowering it under control in the right groove and pausing for around a second, should not cost you that much, maybe 15-20lbs if you never train like that. The best way is to simply try it for yourself and see how it feels.
    BP-29/07/05 -305 -3/3/06 - 325 - 340
    SQ- 365 - 3/3//06 - 400 - 420
    DL- 400 - 425 - 435
    5' 10"
    191lbs - 3/3/06 180lbs - 185lbs

Good debaters -theredshirt, majortrepack,kalagan, big natural, JBDW, Syriankid, Icedragon etc

Moronic debaters list -Too many *sigh*

lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilkev42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    With my experience in these different types, at first my max diff was around 20 lbs. But after working on my form and eventually learning how focus better, I had my pause max around 10 lbs less than my touch and go. Just work on it, and eventually it will get better. Try working on a slower downward motion when u touch and go, and it will help with the pause. Good luck

R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it depends from person to person, how can we tell you somethin like that? One guy could be 50 lbs less another could be 10, all depends on your muscle fibers in each muscle, your nutrition around the event, etc. Shoot it could change from day to day for you personally, from person to person there's no way to tell you what will happen.

Bump to the above though, start training with a slow downward motion and pausing will effect you much less. I know for me I feel 10x better going to extremely slow, probably around 2.5 seconds, so when the bench actually does touch my chest I have no momentum in play anyway and pausing really doesn't effect me much.
    "Live like a bad son of a bitch and let's play some ball"
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    squats - 365x17, 435x10, 500x1, all with wraps only
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

PM me if I owe you reps and it's been 3+ days since the bet

jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by rippednshredded
    it depends from person to person, how can we tell you somethin like that? One guy could be 50 lbs less another could be 10, all depends on your muscle fibers in each muscle, your nutrition around the event, etc. Shoot it could change from day to day for you personally, from person to person there's no way to tell you what will happen.

Bump to the above though, start training with a slow downward motion and pausing will effect you much less. I know for me I feel 10x better going to extremely slow, probably around 2.5 seconds, so when the bench actually does touch my chest I have no momentum in play anyway and pausing really doesn't effect me much.
    Yea, that makes sense. I have been working with about 75% of my max for reps with the pause. I am starting to feel more comfortable.
    Philippians 4:13