Breakdancin11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Breakdancin11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Breakdancin11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Breakdancin11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein and Water? or Skim Milk?

I use GNC Whey Protein and its says to mix 1scoop with 8oz water but I had a different brand of Whey Protein and it said to mix with either 8oz water or 8oz of skim milk. Is one better then the other? I usually take it with skim milk

-Jp

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Breakdancin11
    I use GNC Whey Protein and its says to mix 1scoop with 8oz water but I had a different brand of Whey Protein and it said to mix with either 8oz water or 8oz of skim milk. Is one better then the other? I usually take it with skim milk

-Jp
    Depends, you'll get a faster absorbtion from having it with water (good for PWO, and first thing in the morning), while if you mix it with milk the caesin in the milk will slow absorbtion (which is better if your going to have it as a meal replacement).
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Breakdancin11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Breakdancin11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Breakdancin11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Breakdancin11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good info. So take it with water if its before/after workout and take it with milk if used as a "snack" or a meal?

Is whey protein useful when used in a meal example Boca Burger on Wheat Bun, Broccoli ,Carrots, and Whey Protein drink

-Jp

Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personally, I add either skim or 1% milk to my postworkout shake, as well. Milk contains both casein and whey protein (both slow and fast digesting), and is highly insulinogenic. Additionally, it comes with a bunch of micronutrients you won't get with pure water.

Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just went back and re-read the relevant sections of Alan Aragon's "Pre-, During- and Post-Workout Nutrition" sticky thread. He notes that the best available research says that casein-dominated protein intake, even post-workout, "kicks whey's butt" in LBM gains, fat loss, etc. In other words, the casein in milk PWO won't hurt; rather, it will help you.

gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gerberho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good info. So take it with water if its before/after workout and take it with milk if used as a "snack" or a meal?

Is whey protein useful when used in a meal example Boca Burger on Wheat Bun, Broccoli ,Carrots, and Whey Protein drink

-Jp
    always wondered that myself. i have been doin this lately actually with spinach and other greens. later at night since im cuttin carbs.

-Jp
    Well, if it's not, then I've been doing things all wrong

I'll frequently have whey in milk with a meal. I prefer to get my protein from other sources if possible, though, and since I just discovered my cafeteria serves turkey every day, I'll be moving to that and away from some of my protein shakes.