AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Seasonings and Condiments

What seasonings are OK to use while cutting or even clean bulking? Personally my favs are Lawry's seasoned salt, Garlic salt, all flavors of pepper (black and red), Ketchup, BBQ sauce, and salsa.

I'm pretty sure the pepper and salsa are OK (even though the salsa is kinda high in sodium). Anyway, what do you all put on your food, and do you think if effects your nutrition that much.

Regards and thanks in advance,
    Abrams
    Oh-oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
    what so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, or the ramparts we watched,
    were so gallantly streaming.

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there.

Oh-oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
    O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd avoid any of those with "salt" in the title. Most "peppers" such as lemon pepper are loaded with salt also. Mrs. Dash is great. I put crushed red pepper on everything. Get a really hot hot sauce, you won't use too much adding to the salt.

The best is fresh salsa. Make it yourself or buy the small tubs refrigerated. The ones at room temperature on the shelf usually have much more salt and not as many fresh veggies.

Fresh Start has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just use natural herbs. If you look at a lot of those things you named you will find they are high in sodium and/or sugars. The Mrs. Dash line is great, they also make marinades.

I stocked up at Sam's with all sorts of herbs and seasonings made from combinations of herbs. The italian seasoning is good stuff, mix that in with some cooked tomatoes, brown rice and chicken for a tasty meal.

AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there a "natural" ketchup or BBQ sauce? I really like sauces and (whining alert) I really don't like meats without it.

Thanks againk, the Italian seasoning sounds good.

Regards,
    Abrams

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, or the ramparts we watched,

Registered User ometecuhtli2001's Avatar
    ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ometecuhtli2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For seasonings, I try to use fresh or dried herbs, etc. I really like dried mint - you can make tea with it and it's great with onions and different types of fish as well as lamb.

As for sauces, I sometimes will make a cheese sauce - some decent protein even though there's a lot of (not good) fat. So I don't make it often. It also depends on the cheese used. I usually go for feta and put it over pasta.

Ketchup and most barbecue sauces have sugar in them and some will have a lot of salt, so I substitute my own sauces. For meat (steak, lamb) you can try a port reduction sauce. Just be aware port can be REALLY strong! (You can try a wine reduction instead - experiment to see what you like). Most recipes will call for stock which means sodium - I usually don't include nearly as much as they suggest, which makes it more concentrated. This suits me perfectly - I can lick a spoon coated in cayenne pepper and it doesn't really bother me.

consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500)
    Who gives a **** if something has salt in it? It's not like you're going to get sick.

Originally Posted by consciouschef View Post
    Who gives a **** if something has salt in it? It's not like you're going to get sick.

Get sick? What do you mean? I think the bigger concern is too much sodium intake. I notice I bloat wayyy up if I take in too much salt.

Regards,
    Abrams

mr.unknown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AbramsM1 View Post
    Get sick? What do you mean? I think the bigger concern is too much sodium intake. I notice I bloat wayyy up if I take in too much salt.

Regards,
    Abrams
    bloating is not a bad thing? water is good for strenght gains..

Originally Posted by mr.unknown View Post
    bloating is not a bad thing? water is good for strenght gains..

Water may be good for strength gains, but bloating isn't necessarily good. I also don't feel that bloating from sodium is all that good of a thing. I just don't know what he meant by getting sick from salt.

Regards,
    Abrams

gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    walden farms
    180lb
    Squat: 465
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 545

stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't worry about salt intake. I put Montreal Chicken seasoning on my chicken & turkey every time I make it. I'd even throw a dash in my eggs.

To each his own
    I'm an athlete

carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm curious as to people's opinions on Nutmeg
    "I don't make excuses, I just reload."

zkid002
    Originally Posted by consciouschef View Post
    X2!!..WEre BODYBUILDERS. We hit the gym, and do so much damn hard work, that we sweat out the salt in 2 seconds. We need salt more than any other people(the average joe at a desk job). Dont take salt too seriously guys, but just dont be chugging soy sauce cans or anything, thats all. But dipping sauce amounts wont do merely anything...enjoy a little damn dip, if its healthy, than your all good to go.

Originally Posted by loseweightfast View Post
    walden farms
    there not too bad, Id suggest them for someone on a cut. Otherwise there to expensive for a bulker.