Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Polack42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wat is really wrong is to think that someone CANT be happy without arms, sight, hearing, etc.
    Expectation is the breeding ground of miracles

bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shankii View Post
    Dont you think it brings him down when he looks around to find people with perfectly normal arms and legs? He asks himself why hes born this way and what hes done to deserve this.
    Of course the reason he seems happy is that he has to face the fact that this is the way he will stay for the rest of his life. But hes not truly happy inside.
    Although this is just my opinion and i could be very wrong.
    Sometimes it brings me down to think that I am not as pretty or as physically fit or as wealthy as people I know. I know it's not as extreme as others but it is how I do feel. But I am born the way I am, and I have my own good traits and gifts that have been given to me. And I have helped others in my own way. I know personally that a person who would be as unhappy as some are claiming these guys must be cannot hide it for a long time. You cannot mask hatred or depression of yourself very well for all your life. If they are so miserable you would see it eventually.

DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'm overweight, nearsighted, and my cuticle is kinda bleeding

should i kill myself, nao?
    We're All Gonna Make It, Brahs

RIP Zyzz

Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow. So you are saying if people do not pass a certain standard, we should kill them?
    #1. Most birth defects are not detectable until a few hours after birth. So if you 'kill' them as you have so suggested, it would be murder.
    #2. They have just as much right to live as we do. They may not live a fully function/happy-go-life, but they have just as much right to live as you.
    #3. Do you want to be the one who 'kills' them? Or should we have a university course of "How to children kill birth defect?". Or should the parents do it?

God. what a stupid thread.
    1)So you're saying you can't detect a person without arms/legs until after they are born? That seems highly unlikely..

2)Sure they have as much right to live as we do; but let's face it, life isn't short. Life is pretty ****ing long. That's a long time to suffer for no reason. My point is, they might be happy, but they ARE suffering. Don't even tell me that some kid with no face is the happiest person in the world, and they don't think anything negative. It's bull****, sugarcoating.

3)This is irrelevant, you know it's the doctors that do it. Stupid point... "How to children kill birth defect?" - wtf does this mean?

Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Treat people with kindness and don't add to their problems.

People can achieve more than they think. Look at that guy with no arms or legs who is a wrestling champion. He should be a role model.

superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude are you kidding me , now i have a uncle with a defect and i showed him this post he was so pissed off , he said that most of the disabled people laugh at "normal " people and how weak(mentally) we normal people are and how we bitch about **** thats so simplistic.Also I think the parents that actually give a **** about their children would never abort their child , whether they are disabled or not.,I find it hard that a mother could live knowing that she killed her own child (no offence to people that have)
    Last edited by superfob; 02-09-2008 at 07:52 PM.
    U mad that Im a semi-pro ufc fighter and I train affliction while taking tapout classes on the weekends ?
    B:150kg S:225kg D:265kg

vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    giving anyone other than the individual the power to determine if he should live or die is leading to something bad...

if i get my arms blown off, i will kill myself without your help

BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bttrthnb4 View Post
    Sometimes it brings me down to think that I am not as pretty or as physically fit or as wealthy as people I know. I know it's not as extreme as others but it is how I do feel. But I am born the way I am, and I have my own good traits and gifts that have been given to me. And I have helped others in my own way. I know personally that a person who would be as unhappy as some are claiming these guys must be cannot hide it for a long time. You cannot mask hatred or depression of yourself very well for all your life. If they are so miserable you would see it eventually.
    When your not as pretty or as fit or as wealthy as you want to be you can easily lead a happy life because you wont be thinking about it 24 hours a day, because its not that big of a dea, but when you have missing limbs you are always reminded of that disabily 24-7. When you see people walking around and you cant it will bring you down. When easy tasks like drinking water or feeding himself are impossible without the help of someone else dont you think that brings him down.
    However i can never express his feelings because im not in his condition.

Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^Very true shankii.

bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When your not as pretty or as fit or as wealthy as you want to be you can easily lead a happy life because you wont be thinking about it 24 hours a day, because its not that big of a dea, but when you have missing limbs you are always reminded of that disabily 24-7. When you see people walking around and you cant it will bring you down. When easy tasks like drinking water or feeding himself are impossible without the help of someone else dont you think that brings him down.
    However i can never express his feelings because im not in his condition.
    How can you say it doesn't affect me more than that? There was a time that I was very overweight and was self conscious and had family members that reminded me of that constantly. I was suffering emotionally, very much.

We should all remember that we aren't in their shoes and thank them for being brave enough not to off themselves and for the inspiration they provide for so many others, instead of debating whether they'd be better off dead or not.

BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000) BO$$ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DaCougarMech View Post
    i'm overweight, nearsighted, and my cuticle is kinda bleeding

should i kill myself, nao?
    How is that a disability?
    were talking about serious deformities/disabilities that make life much harder for you.

vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegeta9000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    uhm fine. if i get all 4 limbs blown off and cancer, i will ask for you to kill me

we shouldn't go around killing people without them agree'ing to it

JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000) JamesGatz83 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but have you ever heard of Stephen Hawking? Just because someone's physically disabled, it doesn't necessarily mean they have nothing to contribute.

Originally Posted by IronGuy83 View Post
    Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but have you ever heard of Stephen Hawking?
    see my first post

Originally Posted by IronGuy83 View Post
    Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but have you ever heard of Stephen Hawking?
    Hes the greatest scientist alive and has accomplished much more in his life than me and you but thats totally irrelevant to him being truly happy or not.

How can you say it doesn't affect me more than that? There was a time that I was very overweight and was self conscious and had family members that reminded me of that constantly. I was suffering emotionally, very much.

We should all remember that we aren't in their shoes and thank them for being brave enough not to off themselves and for the inspiration they provide for so many others, instead of debating whether they'd be better off dead or not.
    Your being overweight, not pretty, or not wealthy is not a disability. It is a product of your environment, or your poor choices. The people with deformities do not have the choice whether or not they live without deformities, it was given to them at birth.

No matter how you put it, you can't compare yourself to people with birth defects.

uhm fine. if i get all 4 limbs blown off and cancer, i will ask for you to kill me

we shouldn't go around killing people without them agree'ing to it
    Note, I'm talking about people with birth defects, not things that happen to them later in life. Of course we shouldn't kill people who have become deformed due to horrible accidents.. that wasn't my point at all.

FlashbaxFlashbaxFlashbax Flashbax's Avatar
    Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Baseball_Guy View Post
    It's the mind that matters. People can be born without arms or legs and live full lives. There was a guy with no arms or legs on Larry King Live a couple years ago. He was a wrestling champion in his college and he was dating a hot woman. His personality was amazing upbeat, happy, and very smart.

I found the link to his website - http://www.kmaynard.com/index.html
    WTF? WRESTLING CHAMPION?

jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the mind is a powerful thing. even multi-millionaire celebrities in the primes of their lives can be defeated by their own minds. look at britney spears. look at heath ledger (rip). on the other hand, some of the poorest, most unfortunate souls can find still find beauty in the struggle.
    Last edited by jehst; 02-09-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    *** BMB Founder and President ***

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

listen, if you get your arms and legs blown off technically you are disabled just as bad as those other guys

WE SHOULDN'T FUKING KILL PEOPLE WITHOUT FIRST LETTING THEM AGE ~18 YEARS SO THEY CAN MATURE AND THEN ASKING THEM IF THEY WANT TO DIE

period dude. wow. i would fuccking backhand slap you if you were next to me.

you know its pretty fuccking sick to think killing a human (it has human DNA) without its consent is okay...

I'm sorry Misc Jackson bizmark007's Avatar
    bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CrazyIndian View Post
    You think he feels indifferent towards the vast majoritiy of the human race that CAN walk? Let's face it, growing up your first twenty or so years isn't the most pleasant thing when you have defects. Some people our age are very cruel, and only in the late teens do the majority of people learn to respect others and treat them the same as everyone else.

Your point is moot; just because he never had legs doesn't mean you should say oh it's okay, he can be happy without his legs because he never had them. He can be happy without arms, sight, hearing, just because he never had them. That's wrong in my opinion..
    EVERYONE gets picked on in some point in their life,not just people with defects,fat kids get picked on,skinny nerdy kids get picked on,minorities get picked on,everyone does including people with defects, those fat kids,geeks,those with defects,and minorities grow up and move on into a normal and satisfying more the most part. And YES he could be happy with out arms,sight or hearing,it's up to the individual to find their own happiness,not you.Since when is it up to you to decide what and what doesn't make people happy?
    ASK BEAVIS I GET NOTHIN BUT HEAD!!!!

..The Society..

Originally Posted by CrazyIndian View Post
    Your being overweight, not pretty, or not wealthy is not a disability. It is a product of your environment, or your poor choices. The people with deformities do not have the choice whether or not they live without deformities, it was given to them at birth.

No matter how you put it, you can't compare yourself to people with birth defects.
    True. BUT they've been that way their entire lives. They have adapted from birth and many, a few I have spoken to see themselves as no different or "special" in any way other than they are just different. They just are what they are and appreciate the life they have. If they can function to take care of the needs they have well enough that they live and are healthy then HOW is that suffering??

Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) Baseball_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bttrthnb4 View Post
    Life is better when we are thankful for what we have. Everyone has something to be thankful for.

For the record, you look great. I don't know why you would feel not pretty. Don't compare yourself against models in magazines who probably have airbrushed pictures.

Originally Posted by Baseball_Guy View Post
    Life is better when we are thankful for what we have. Everyone has something to be thankful for.

For the record, you look great. I don't know why you would feel not pretty. Don't compare yourself against models in magazines who probably have airbrushed pictures.
    So true. I have so much that others do not, I am very thankful. And no, I've never really compared myself to magazine models, it was something that was drilled into my mind as an adolescent by my father.

And OP is right, I can't really compare myself with those who are disabled or deformed (by who's standards I don't know), but it is unfair to ASSUME you know what a stranger thinks.

I'm sorry Misc Jackson bizmark007's Avatar
    bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP,people with disabilities hate people like you because you try and make a pity case out of them and belittle their humanity like you're superior. They live healthy and normal lives like everyone else,you're discriminating against their differences from your full-limbed self. Go and show Lunatic you're thread and he'll own you.
    ASK BEAVIS I GET NOTHIN BUT HEAD!!!!

..The Society..

wk/beta ondat phaggytime nakedsnake's Avatar
    nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what about people with cerebral palsy? my cousin was born unable to see/hear/speak/swallow. she was fed through a tube in her stomach and was bedridden the whole 8 years of her life. she was in such condition that she couldn't even swallow on her own and required 24/7 assistance to suction the saliva out of her throat, but my aunt refused to "just let her die peacefully" as the father requested. it seemed like she was in pain almost constantly as i was only 10 yrs old at the time. was it right to keep her alive as long as she did? to this day I can't answer that question.

EVERYONE gets picked on in some point in their life,not just people with defects,fat kids get picked on,skinny nerdy kids get picked on,minorities get picked on,everyone does including people with defects, those fat kids,geeks,those with defects,and minorities grow up and move on into a normal and satisfying more the most part. And YES he could be happy with out arms,sight or hearing,it's up to the individual to find their own happiness,not you.Since when is it up to you to decide what and what doesn't make people happy?
    So since I'm a minority, you think if I get made fun of, that's just as hurtful as if some kids called me a cripple for being in a wheelchair?

Being a minority, I don't think about it 24/7. On the other hand, being disabled would be something you have to deal with everyday, and being insulted for that would be much more painful than being insulted for your race. You can't compare the two.

OP,people with disablities hate people like you becasue you try and make a pity case out of them and belittle their humanity like you're superior. They live healthy and normal lives like everyone else,you're discriminating against their differences from your full-limbed self. Go and show Lunatic you're thread and he'll own you.
    To my understanding, Lunatic was not in a wheelchair since birth? And since when am I discriminating? I never said I hated them, I just said it's unfair that they have to live a life like they do, regardless of how happy they are.

And let's face it, the majority of people born with defects don't end up being championship wrestlers, and having books written about them, and becoming famous.

Stop sugarcoating?

I was watching this documentry on discovery channel about this girl that had this condition that would turn her muscles into bone. It would get worse day by day. her mum was saying that the girl would cry everyday when she came back from school becase she couldnt do what everyone else was doing. Her condition would keep getting worse until she wouldnt be able to move and will die an early death. Dont you think that people like that would have been better of not born?
    Im talking about severe disabilities like that. Being blind or deaf or wathever you can still live a pretty normal life but being in that condition or in the condition of that faceless girl which was posted earlier is pretty tough.

I was watching this documentry on discovery channel about this girl that had this condition that would turn her muscles into bone. It would get worse day by day. her mum was saying that the girl would cry everyday when she came back from school becase she couldnt do what everyone else was doing. Her condition would keep getting worse until she wouldnt be able to move and will die an early death. Dont you think that people like that would have been better of not born?
    Im talking about severe disabilities like that. Being blind or deaf or wathever you can still live a pretty normal life but being in that condition or in the condition of that faceless girl which was posted earlier is pretty tough.
    x2.. I mentioned earlier how there are exceptions to disabilities, I figured we are talking about extreme cases here.

no. you should never kill a human before it is 18 years old , mature , and decides for itself

if the girl wants to die badly enough she will kill herself at age 6 or 7

Originally Posted by bdgaragelifter View Post
    what about people with cerebral palsy? my cousin was born unable to see/hear/speak/swallow. she was fed through a tube in her stomach and was bedridden the whole 8 years of her life. she was in such condition that she couldn't even swallow on her own and required 24/7 assistance to suction the saliva out of her throat, but my aunt refused to "just let her die peacefully" as the father requested. it seemed like she was in pain almost constantly as i was only 10 yrs old at the time. was it right to keep her alive as long as she did? to this day I can't answer that question.
    exactly.
    whats the point of living life when your in pain every single day of your life?