Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how does everyone feel about soy sauce and hot sauce?

For some reason I have to add soy sauce to my eggs with toast and hot sauce to my grilled chicken breast. Is this harmful to my cutting routine?

Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The calories in soy sauce are minimal (~10 cals/tbsp); the main thing to keep an eye on with it are the sodium levels. Many companies make a 'low sodium' version of their normal soy sauce. As for hot sauce, same thing.
    PULVERIZE!!!

NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hkhai View Post
    For some reason I have to add soy sauce to my eggs with toast and hot sauce to my grilled chicken breast. Is this harmful to my cutting routine?
    No, IMO. The soy sauce has minimal calories but it does have a lot of sodium, which can contribute to water retention in some people, so just be careful of that - buy the low sodium soy sauce and drink lots of water. As for the hot sauce, it's probably beneficial, as there are some studies that claim hot sauce actually speeds up the metabolism in a thermogenic-like effect. Hot sauces can contain a lot of sodium, too, so again, just watch that.
    "If you're looking for a quick fix, you're in the wrong sport. Bodybuilding is a lifetime journey, not an overnight jaunt." - NaturalMsO

★☆★★☆
    "MRS tAkin ova?"
    "Yes, the women are taking over."
    ★☆★★☆

PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is water retention such a bad thing though? I mean, it's just water.(serious question)

I think I have a higher sodium intake than I should, but I also drink a LOT of water. If I'm just retaining water, it's not going to hurt me in anyway is it?

BrotherBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrotherBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrotherBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrotherBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrotherBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrotherBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Water Bad?

I would love and answer to this also. I mean my sodium is much higher than I would like it but can you compensate for that with water intake?

NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PoundMobb View Post
    Is water retention such a bad thing though? I mean, it's just water.(serious question)

I think I have a higher sodium intake than I should, but I also drink a LOT of water. If I'm just retaining water, it's not going to hurt me in anyway is it?
    Depends on how you look at it. Water retention can be a bad thing if you're trying to cut. That's all I meant.
    "If you're looking for a quick fix, you're in the wrong sport. Bodybuilding is a lifetime journey, not an overnight jaunt." - NaturalMsO

★☆★★☆
    "MRS tAkin ova?"
    ★☆★★☆

Originally Posted by BrotherBrown View Post
    I would love and answer to this also. I mean my sodium is much higher than I would like it but can you compensate for that with water intake?
    You can compensate to a point, yes. If your sodium intake is high and your water intake is low, you will, mostly likely, retain water. But if you keep your water intake sufficient, then you will probably be just fine.

★☆★★☆
    "MRS tAkin ova?"
    ★☆★★☆

PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So basically, it's kind of an aesthetic issue? I just want to lose fat and gain muscle. I'm not too worried about my appearance right now. I'm sure I will eventually though. I can see how it could be a priority for others though.

Thanks for the help.

So basically, it's kind of an aesthetic issue? I just want to lose fat and gain muscle. I'm not too worried about my appearance right now. I'm sure I will eventually though. I can see how it could be a priority for others though.

Thanks for the help.
    Anytime.

And good luck to you!

★☆★★☆
    "MRS tAkin ova?"
    ★☆★★☆

CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    High sodium not only promotes water retention that can blur your definition, but can also be problematic for high blood pressure. Stay low sodium. Salsas and soy sauce are expensive in the salt department, try to develop a liking for tobasco on your eggs

Best wishes and good luck!
    Live like there is no tomorrow!

I've always thought if you didn't intake much sodium, then you shouldn't drink too much water. If I'm drinking a LOT(I mean a LOT) of water does that kind of balance it out?

CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAMANOISLANDR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've always thought if you didn't intake much sodium, then you shouldn't drink too much water. If I'm drinking a LOT(I mean a LOT) of water does that kind of balance it out?
    The two effect each other but are not directly related as to prescribe a certain ratio to ingest daily (excluding pre-contest).

Drinking enough water influences a wide variety of bodily functions favorably. Drink at least a gallon a day and stay under 2.5 grams of sodium for a healthful body.

Keep up your efforts!

tylord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soy sauce and hot sauce are usually low-calorie, and can go a long way towards adding excitement to a dish... I don't see any harm (not that I'm a dietitian). If they make your food taste better and fit into your diet, and are generally healthy or health-neutral, go for it!

BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    just get low sodium soy sauce, just don't get carried away when topping it on your foods. I'll never give up my hot sauce, it's goes on everything I cook
    Overrating the Underrated
    49ers/Lakers/USC/Dodgers/Kings
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

I'm gonna go to the store tomorrow and get some low-sodium condiments. When I'm cooking broccoli I saute it in butter, and about half-way through cooking, I put a couple splashes of soy on there. I didn't even realize low sodium existed, even though it's kind of a nobrainer.

juan01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Regular soy sauce is like 1000mg of sodium per tbsp. Low-sodium is about half that.

I use it also, but try to limit it.

sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love hot sauce.. watch the sugar content of some though.

I have this one called Hot Pepper sauce made from scotch bonnets.. it's quite hot.. so don't have to worry about having too much of it.

A Taste of Asia.. not too hot, sweet.. has a good amount of sugar per serving... but the taste is worth it :P

Heinz chili sauce.. this is like a spicier version of their ketchup. Not bad but not great.

What I want is a bottle of the stuff Taco Time uses in their packets but haven't found anything similar yet

I like hot sauce btw..

When I'm cooking broccoli I saute it in butter, and about half-way through cooking, I put a couple splashes of soy on there.
    I give up. If it works for you, enjoy it Good luck and I hope your successes are many!

Originally Posted by CAMANOISLANDR View Post
    I give up. If it works for you, enjoy it Good luck and I hope your successes are many!
    I won!

lol, just kidding man. Thanks for all the advice. repped

I won!

lol, just kidding man. Thanks for all the advice. repped
    Drat!!! I've been had!!, lesson learned poundmobb, but I am also relieved

TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    love my hot sauce on just about anything. It is one of the things that I would have a lot of trouble giving up. You don't use alot of hot sauce (and if you are get a hotter one) so I'm not going to worry about the sodium.