CarlMcKie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Feeling Sick After Squats

...When I go heavy on squats, I always seem to feel sick afterwards, and I am really tired (yawning alot). I always train to maximum intensity, yet have no problems with no other exercises. Thoughts?

I did 12/10/8/8 reps using 110/125/140/155kg using a squat machine similar to http://gymratz.co.uk/weight-training...at-machine.jpg on my last workout. Too many sets? reps?

I am an ecto/mesomorph leaning more towards the ecto side, and weigh 153 at 5'7.

_Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Start doing BB Squats, hows ur pre workout nutrition?

Lifter,
    "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless." Bruce Lee

"The pain of bodybuilding is inevitable, but whether you suffer or not is entirely up to you."

I used to do barbell squats, but there was too much stress on my lower back. My lower back is quite weak from doing incorrect form on various exercises when I was new to the gym, so I'm working on strenghthening my lower back before switching back to barbell squats. Due to college, I eat 2.5-3 hours before working out, then usually have a protein shake 15 minutes before training.

m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m dot holla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    today we did "circuit training" in gym. We line up, do 10 body squats, hands touch floor then we lunge across to the other side. 10 squat jumps, then walk back and do it 4 times. Then we duck walk the last time. Today, I felt like I was gonna throw up and I was light headed and I had a acidy stomach feeling.

It pretty much sucked.

mike

LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIFT_R4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When most ppl do squats they are straining so much that they forget to breathe. this makes you light headed and nausious, its happeneed to me a couple times. but i could be other things as well.
    MLB/ FB #41

Ht: 6' 2"
    Wt: 203 lbs.
    Bench: 330 lbs.
    Squat: 405 lbs.
    Deadlift: 425 lbs.
    40 Time: 4.8
    Vert: 31"

Originally Posted by LIFT_R4Life
    When most ppl do squats they are straining so much that they forget to breathe. this makes you light headed and nausious, its happeneed to me a couple times. but i could be other things as well.
    Definitely not the problem in this case. I always breathe out on the way up, and in on the way down.

loling all the way to the nayrb182's Avatar
    nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    when going heavy its good to hold your breath at the bottom. that air helps to support you. i've thrown up a few times after heavy squats. feeling sick is good. it means your working hard. plenty of heavy lifters gotta lay down after their heavy squat.