Thread: Abs

Starting MMA Classes NOW! shivastorm's Avatar
    shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Abs

No don't worry it's not a post asking "OMG LIEK HOW CAN I GET THE 8-PACKZORZ FOR GURLS TO LIEK MEH!" (although the title doesn't seem to be fitting, but I wanted to attract a nice crowd)

ANYWAYS! I've started doing MMA classes recently, and you get hit quite a lot if the stomach/abs area, and pretty much every one in the class keep telling me how it's important to get rock solid abs to actually be able to handle a push kick that would knock out a kodiac bear cold (for example). So what could be a good routine to reach such a level? Obviously you also need to be used being hit since it will help but you also need a pretty solid foundation. I know doing big heavy compounds lifts help an awful lot, but it probably isn't enough... What else could/should I do?
    Crossfit. "Your workout is our warmup" Does this make you skeptical? Try Linda or Tabata Something Else and you will see why I said that.

Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5233853