slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50) slothasor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

is too much fat a bad thing?

if i were to do maybe 75/25 (fat/protein), would that slow down fat loss asuming i'm getting 1g of protein/lb and within my calorie goals?

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by slothasor
    if i were to do maybe 75/25 (fat/protein), would that slow down fat loss asuming i'm getting 1g of protein/lb and within my calorie goals?
    that would not slow down fat loss.

Eat low-fat at your peril Max Protein's Avatar
    Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by slothasor
    Oh, I'm sorry, I came here expecting you to be concerned over your health rather than your physique.
    You gotta go through hell to get the body made in heaven.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---
    Training 4 years...165lbs @ 6.5% bodyfat

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It won't hurt your health either, but you may find it hard on the taste buds. 65% fat is pretty yummy, 75% is a lot harder to stomach.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Eileen
    It won't hurt your health either, but you may find it hard on the taste buds. 65% fat is pretty yummy, 75% is a lot harder to stomach.
    Eileen, where do the majority of your fat sources originate? Nuts, seeds, oils, avocadoes or red meats, fish and cheese?

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yep. I usually have an omlette for breakfast, with cream or blue cheese or avocado. Lunch is usually fish, either salmon, or white fish or prawns with extra oil, and dinner is meat/chicken/fish/etc (and lots of veg) Snacks are nuts, olives, or coconut, or vegetable soup with extra flax or olive oil. I don't often have to add extra fat to normal meals, beyond what you'd normally use in cooking.

Originally Posted by Eileen
    Yep. I usually have an omlette for breakfast, with cream or blue cheese or avocado. Lunch is usually fish, either salmon, or white fish or prawns with extra oil, and dinner is meat/chicken/fish/etc (and lots of veg) Snacks are nuts, olives, or coconut, or vegetable soup with extra flax or olive oil. I don't often have to add extra fat to normal meals, beyond what you'd normally use in cooking.
    Our diets are remarkably similar. I asked because I noticed in another thread you mentioned omlettes for breakfast with fish or meat for dinner.
    I love omlettes, especially with mushroom and mozzarella and maybe some spinach, I call it a "pizza omlette".
    It's handy for me when I go out, because I can just nip into Tesco's if I'm hungry, hit the fish counter and get some cooked king prawns and have that with a couple of handfuls of almonds.

---

I used to eat lots of scrambled egg for breakfast, also with various additions, but I've got to confess, it was pure laziness made me switch to omlettes. It's a pain in the behind scrubbing the pot after scrambled eggs, and a good omlette pan only needs a wipe, not even a wash.

I wish people would read the book! Yes, Atkins has a "fat fast" which is 90% fat. But it's only supposed to followed for a few days, just to break the plateau, and it's not at all suitable for body builders or other athletes.

According to Duchaine, most people can happily manage on 25% protein as long as it's good quality, and you could probably get away with less for a while if you didn't lift hard. But we are body builders and are trying to increase the size of our muscles. They can't grow unless you feed them something.

Ever heard of "Atkins Spouse syndrome"? It's where the partner of the Atkins dieter eats the high fat keto food, and eats carbs as well, and puts on a ton of weight. Unless you plan to stay on keto for life, it's not a good idea to develop habits that will be a killer if you have a few extra carbs in your diet.

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish people would actually read and comprehend a post before replying. "we are bodybuilders".. You obviously didn't read the part where I said I can only do cardio and CAN'T lift weights at the moment.

Then I actually said that about the fat fast..it's a few days to break a plateau. I asked something else about it.

Maybe you should reread the book since Atkins says 5% carbs and you can subtract the fiber.. Which is exactly what I was talking about.

Damn, this forum is dead.. I thought I've posted here enough to not look like some ignorant noob..but get replied to like I am one. Oh well, I deleted it.. question wasn't that important anyway.

Time to go eat some fried hotdogs with Atkins chips and a diet coke!