aquaman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Working out on an empty stomach = good?

I read somewhere in a fitness magazine I believe or a book that the best way to burn fat is to workout in the morning before you've eaten breakfast.

is this true?

im looking to lose weight

keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They're most likely referring to doing cardio first thing in the morning. No one can come to an agreement on this issue, you can do a search and decide for yourself.

If you're talking about weightlifting, I would definately not do it starved.

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Starved cardio = maybe. Starved lifting = hell no.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NecroSavanT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't do any type of physical activity on an empty stomach. It just doesn't feel right to me.

racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racinghart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aquaman85
    I read somewhere in a fitness magazine I believe or a book that the best way to burn fat is to workout in the morning before you've eaten breakfast.

is this true?

im looking to lose weight

the best answer i got from someone was "do cardio whenever its best for you. as long as you do it!" which meant to me as being, as long as it can be squeezed in your schedule then take the opportunity to do so... if all you have is free time in the morning, then the morning is best for you. =)

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i think any starved excercises is wrong, but thats just imo

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nothing wrong with cardio on a empty stomach.

http://www.angelikarunge.com/photoga...x%20Ghandi.jpg

rskim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this raises a question on BSN's Nitrix & No-Xplode. It tells you to take them on an empty stomach before working out...

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hunger? Never. All hunger is evil.
    In fact, I wanna patent a BBers nightcap or light padded soft canteen, something along the lines of this:

http://www.duke.edu/web/PWILD/images.../camelback.jpg

which you fill with MRP or protein and strap on before bed. Something stirs you, or you get up to take a leak? No need to struggle with that shaker bottle or go to the kitchen, just grab the little sucker tube and it's protein time.*

*I promise to never use the phrase "just grab the little sucker tube and it's protein time" in ANY other context.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i always refer to my penis as the "sucker tube"

I screw, I nut, I bolt UpandDownandround's Avatar
    UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500)
    I do cardio every morning 6 days a week on a empty stomach ans works quite well as results show for themselves.
    Mod Negged for calling a sloot, a sloot. lol

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it's also the best way ot lose muscle quickly
    <->

eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp
    Hunger? Never. All hunger is evil.
    In fact, I wanna patent a BBers nightcap or light padded soft canteen, something along the lines of this:

http://www.duke.edu/web/PWILD/images.../camelback.jpg

which you fill with MRP or protein and strap on before bed. Something stirs you, or you get up to take a leak? No need to struggle with that shaker bottle or go to the kitchen, just grab the little sucker tube and it's protein time.*

*I promise to never use the phrase "just grab the little sucker tube and it's protein time" in ANY other context.
    lmao that thing is fully hardcore.

maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    Nothing wrong with cardio on a empty stomach.

http://www.angelikarunge.com/photoga...x%20Ghandi.jpg
    Cutting, calltech style. Well I suppose there might be other call centres outside of India.
    $AJ on bf%: pattern memorization...proprioception...+food

DieselWeasel: Get a clue and lift some weights.

mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rskim
    this raises a question on BSN's Nitrix & No-Xplode. It tells you to take them on an empty stomach before working out...
    food > supps

Milk does a body good. Sir_Malak's Avatar
    Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Different articles and studies also say the best fat loss comes from light cardio for longer periods of time vs. aerobic performance high cardio at shorter times. Some articles its the exact opposite which leads me to believe that neither one is 100% correct and it boils down to your personal experience. Same with this issue of food with cardio. I personally cannot jog/run with much food on my stomach but can brisk walk fairly fine. That said I have been doing a fast walk for 45-60min's and its helping cut bf% at a nice slow healthy pace while still growing lean muscle. Some days if im low on food I may sprint/jog for 20min especially if time is short.

I believe its a trial/error issue with the individual. Also your family may have some answers for you if you have a runner/bodybuilder in the family because if it boils down to genetics that would be a great place to start
    2014 Misc Raw Bench Press Contest winner in the 276lb+ 555lb lift @ ~280lbs
    2014 Obtained goal of 600+ raw bench press. Shoulder also hates me.
    2015 Lost 110 lbs and currently enjoy being healthy. Retired heavy bench press.
    2016 Stay healthy? Help others?
    2017 Staying Healthy
    2018 Might Return To The Game

harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would never exercise in any way on an empty stomach....
    NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

screw everybody but the canes and the oil ;)

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a very misunderstood concept. What cardio on an empty stomach means is "Cardio while insulin levels are low"......****, I'm just going to make a thread about this.
    I don't know either lol