Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Is what I'm doing to get to my goals the right thing? My GAME PLAN. PERIOD.

"My Game Plan for achieving the results I want!"

Hello everyone well basically I just wanted to ask everyone if what I'm doing is right to get to my goals... as well I have a few questions near the bottom of this that I kinda need cleared up. I appreciate any and all help

For the longest time I have been screwing around not knowing what I'm doing and by this I mean I have been going to the gym 5 or more days a week, not tracking down my workouts. Also very important I have not been tracking any DIET at all ... so before I never knew how much protein to get in, etc... All of this screwing around and laziness led me to the state of which I am now... which is that I LOSE MY GAINS, FEEL LIKE ****, ETC... I have taken over a month off from the gym and I'm going back but with a GAME PLAN! I don't want to waste anymore time with doing things the WRONG WAY!

SO NOW I'M SERIOUS ABOUT ALL OF THIS AND AM GOING TO TAKE CHARGE OF MY LIFE! I'M DONE WITH SCREWING AROUND, IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!

My goal is to gain muscle and lose fat... hmm so I guess I'd be bulking cause I'm going to consume 300-500 calories more than my maintenance calorie level. I wanna look amazing and be HUGE, have lots of muscle, and be RIPPED!!!! I want to go to the pool, beach, etc... take my shirt off and have people notice me and see that I workout!

I thought to myself about whether I should do this for girls, but I have come to the conclusion that girls aren't something I should be putting my mind on... I HAVE TO DO THIS FOR MYSELF! PERIOD.

I have come across this guys bodyspace, JamerJay, btw this guy is totally ripped, but what I saw in his "How I started section" what this:
    I took it up for myself. Vanity, women, etc. were not driving forces for me.
    Women come and go, cars and material objects come and go. Your body & your motivation, dedication and lifestyle stay with you to the very end.
    I think that really applies to me, I have to think this way!

----------------------------------To Start---------------------------------------

These are some of my Stats:

• Weight: 155lbs
    • BF%: 10.5%
    • Lean Body Mass: 139lbs
    • Height: 6 feet
    NOTE: I'm going to measure my stats every saturday which will include all of the above stats as well body measurements. Also I'm going to take a picture of myself every saturday too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my Diet/Nutrition:

• Daily Calories: 3133-3333 calories
    • Daily Protein(40%): 313-333 grams
    • Daily Carbs(35%): 274-291 grams
    • Daily Fat(25%): 87-93 grams
    • Daily Water: 93-120 ounces
    Times when I'm eating:

Meal 1 - 7:00am (MORNING NUTRITION):
    ?

Meal 2 ? 10:00am:
    ?
    Meal 3 ? 12:10pm:
    ?
    Meal 4 ? 3:00pm to 3:30pm (PRE-WORKOUT NUTRITION):

WORKOUT ? 3:30pm-4:00pm:
    ?

Meal 5 ? 5:30pm or AFTER workout (POST-WORKOUT NURITION):
    ?

Meal 6 ? 6:30pm to 7:00pm (PART OF POST-WORKOUT NUTRITION)
    ?

Meal 7 ? 9:00pm (BED-TIME NUTRITION)

Morning Nutrition:

Meal should consist of
    A) 30-40 grams of high quality protein
    B) 2 portions of moderate to high glycemic carbohydrates
    C) 500ml of pure, clean water
    D) 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil
    E) 1 tablespoon of olive oil

Pre-Workout Nutrition:

Meal should consist of
    A) 25-35 grams of whey protein mixed with 300-400ml of milk
    B) 1 serving of low-glycemic carbohydrates.

Post-Workout Nutrition:

Meal should consist of
    A) Post-Workout Shake
    -30-40 grams of whey protein mixed in water
    -70-80 grams of high sugar juice
    - 5 grams of glutamine

B) Small Meal (Protein + High Glycemic Carbs)...taken about 1 to 2 hours after post-workout shake
    - ex.
    1 can of tuna, 1 cup white rice. Or 1 chicken breast, 100g rice cakes.

Bed-Time Nutrition:

Meal should consist of
    A) 30 grams of whey protein/5 grams of glutamine mixed in 400ml of milk.
    B) 1 bowl of oatmeal
    C) 1 table-spoon of olive oil

?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the Supplements & When I'm going to take them:

• 100% Whey Protein by EAS - PROTEIN
    • SizeON by Gaspari Nutrition - CREATINE
    • Dymatize BCAA Complex 5050 - BCAA'S
    • EAS L-Glutamine - GLUTAMINE
    • SuperPump250 by Gaspari Nutrition - NITRIC OXIDE
    • Fishoil - EFA's
    • Extra Virgin Olive Oil - EFA's
    • Animal Pak - Multivitamin
    When taking:

Morning:
    100% Whey Protein by EAS, Fishoil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Animal Pak
    Pre-Workout:

SuperPump250 by Gaspari Nutrition, 100% Whey Protein by EAS
    During Workout:

SizeON by Gaspari Nutrition
    Post Workout:
    Dymatize BCAA Complex 5050, EAS L-Glutamine, 100% Whey Protein by EAS
    Bed-Time:
    100% Whey Protein by EAS, EAS L-Glutamine

Nutrition Guidelines
    • eat every 2-3 hours
    • eat 5-7 small meals a day
    • consume more calories than burned
    • recalculate calories every week or 2 weeks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my Training:

To start this is the Training Philosphy I think I should follow:

• Building muscle is all about training for strength
    • Goal of building muscle: to lift as much weight as you possibly can in a given rep range
    • In order for muscle growth to occur, your body must perceive the work performed in the gym as a threat to its survival.
    • Everything you do in the gym should be focused around the law of Intensity and Progression
    • ?Intensity: The amount of effort exerted by the muscles on each given set of each given exercise.
    • ?Progression: Consistently increasing the amount of weight lifted or the number of repetitions performed on each exercise.
    ----------------------------

Workout Plan:

I'm working out on Monday(Day1), Wednesday(Day2), and Friday(Day3)

1)5x5 Warmup Phase - Lasting 15-20 mins

a) Cardio 5 mins
    b) Acclimation Sets - 5 sets on one exercise for main muscle(s) being worked that day, for ex. If it was leg day, SQUATS would be my acclimation set warmup exercise.

2)Hypertrophy Phase - Lasting 60 mins

Day1: Legs/Abs

Exercise/Sets/Reps

Barbell Squats/2/5-7
    Leg Press/1/5-7
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts/2/5-7
    Lying Leg Curls/1/5-7
    Standing Machine Calf Raises/2/10-12
    Seated Machine Calf Raises/1/5-7
    Rope Crunches/2/10-12
    Swiss Ball Crunches/1/10-12

Day2: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Flat Barbell Bench Press/2/5-7
    Incline Dumbell Press/2/5-7
    Wide-Grip Dips/2/5-7
    Seated Overhead Dumbell Press/2/5-7
    Standing Side Laterals/1/10-12
    Cable Pushdowns/2/5-7
    EZ-Bar Skull Crushers/1/5-7

Day3: Back/Biceps/Forearms

Deadlifts/2/5-7
    Overhand Chin-ups/2/5-7
    Bent Over Barbell Rows/2/5-7
    Barbell Shrugs/2/10-12
    Barbell Curls/2/5-7
    Seated Dumbell Curls/1/5-7
    Barbell Wrist Curls/1/10-12

3) Cool Down Phase - Lasting 5 - 10 mins

- Stretching

PLEASE SEE 2ND HALF BELOW***********************

Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnome2207 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ------------------------------------

For Hypertrophy Phase

?Sets: Perform 5-7 total sets per workout for large muscle groups; 2-4 sets for small muscle groups.

oLarge Muscle groups: Chest, Back, Thighs

oSmall Muscle groups: Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Upper Traps, Abs, Calves, and Forearms

oEx: Chest: 2 sets of bench press, 2 sets of dumbbell presses, 2 sets of dips = total of 6 sets

oNote: Take to concentric muscular failure

?Exercises: Focus on compound exercises for most part (i.e. squats, deadlifts, bench presses)

?Rest Between Sets: No real answer, however long it takes fully recover to again give 100% intensity on each set; but remember phase only lasts 60 mins

Reps: Muscle-building sets should consist of 5 to 7 repetitions.

oEx - weight should be light enough that you can complete at least 5 reps using proper form, but heavy enough that you cannot complete more than 7

oWhen using other than 5-7 rep range

- Calves, abs, forearms and upper traps use 10-12 rep range

Rep Speed:

oConcentric Portion (Positive): performed as fast as possible while still maintaining control of the weight.

oEccentric Portion (Negative): performed in 2-3 seconds

-----------------------------

Training Guidelines
    • 8 hours of sleep
    • 3 days of training per week
    • every set to muscular failure
    • everything written down
    • TRACK EVERY WORKOUT INCLUDING THE EXERCISES, SET, REPS, WEIGHT...
    • Take a 1 WEEK break after 8 total weeks of consistent training
    NOTE: I'm going to be getting lifting straps for when I'm working out in order to help me with exercises like deadlifts, shrugs, etc...

--------------------------Please see questions below----------------------------------------

My Questions that need answered please:

1. Okay well you see diet, now for that that is 300-500 calories more than what my maintance calorie intake would be... I'm eating 300-500 calories more in order to gain the muscle, but I also don't want to gain fat... how do I ensure that I'm gaining muscle, but not fat? AND is what I'm doing with my diet correct to get to my goal(muscle gain)?
    2. How are my macro percents for my goal? ex. protein(40% of protein), etc...
    3. About the supplements, how am I doing with that? What can I add to it that would help me get better results...????
    4. About the BCAA's I am very confused with this and when to take them... DO I TAKE THEM DURING THE WORKOUT, AFTER, IN THE MORNING, ETC... when do I take BCAA's(powder form)
    5. Again about the supplements, how are the times when I'm taking them, are these the BEST and most OPTIMAL times to be taking them?
    6. How is my routine for my goal, because I am used with doing 5 day routines and now I'm going to start a 3 day routine so I'm wondering if working out 3 days a week won't be enough and I should stick with working out 5 days a week????? Also I don't want to gain fat so would working out 3 days a week make me increase my bodyfat?
    7. Some of the exercises on their I don't properly know how to do.. what is the best way to get to know how to do them? ex. hire a personal trainer?
    8. How do I properly use lifting straps? I have never used them before.
    9. For my training, should I add in MORE cardio in there after the workout? as well if so when should I do cardio?
    10. What are some general basic stretches that I should do for my cooldown phase????
    11. How is the training philosophy I'm going to follow?

So everyone how is my game plan, is what I'm doing right? Also if you have any tips for me, etc... please let me know. Please comment on all aspects of my routine....

Thanks so much

I'M SO DETERMINED TO GET HUGE(MUSCLE WISE)!

user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8765487 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Seems solid. Reps.

Studly. Manly. Tough. powerstripe89's Avatar
    powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Holy ****, put that much effort in to actually sticking to your game plan, and youll be hyooge in not time.
    My success is achieved by reaching failure. When I can't do one more rep, that's when I've succeeded.

Forever cutting.

sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sknv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol. dang thats a lot of reading