Closed Thread
    antoon_baba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wondering what the average teen bench press, squat ect.. is

ya guys just curious about how much weights could u guys lift, coz i work out at school adn theres not much people to compare myself to...
    MAX BENCH: 315
    MAX SQUAT:405
    MAX CURL :145

LIGHT'S OUT...
    FOOTBALL'S ELITE

mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i'd depend on the age dude

lifting_is_good has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifting_is_good has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifting_is_good has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifting_is_good has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lifting_is_good has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im 15...liftign for a year and half...

squat- 245 (never properly squatted until 3 months ago)
    deadlift with straight bar- 340 (new max i got in competition yesterday)
    bench- 225 (with pause 205)
    Grade- 10 Sophomore
    Weight: 154
    Bench- 225
    Clean- 195
    Parallel Squat- 265
    Straight Bar Deadlift- 350
    (Last Maxout Date: March 20, 2006)

5 Minute Mile and 10% Body Fat

No supplements or any special diet plan. Just lifting

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im from uk and at my school in the gym, theres about 4/5 people in my YEAR group that compare to me (same age), the rest cant curl 5kg properly, cant bench over 30kg lol :s kinda sad really

SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its not sad.... the fact that they don't do anything to improve it is sad (and also, all the lying in stats, is the saddest of all)

someone that can bench 100lbs and does it, is better than someone who says he can bench 305 and only does 250....
    Training in Budokai Do.

rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 17, 5'10", 135, and I benched 210.

Now my bench is probably like 160. That'll change soon though..
    member of the 1000lb club (ya rly)

Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^ haha...I took a year off to goof around and lose weight to change my figure and test fad diets for a book I was writing...

And now I might be able to bench a maximum of 170. XD I'm not super weak, but I've never really been into powerlifting in the first place, and so my lifting stats are going to be a bit weak regardless of the break.
    yayay for muscle...<.< >.>...ya...*cough*...*cricket chirping*

Once Wise, Always Wise WaterWizard11's Avatar
    WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaterWizard11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you want an average of 15, lol!?!?!? well there are some who can barly lift the bar because they arnt atheletic...then there are the natural freaks who can lift 3x their bodyweight....so the average is probably your own bodyweight. If you can lift more, than you are above 50% of the 15 yearolds...lol
    "Insert memorable quote here"

Diesel13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My stats are in my sig, I've been lifting for a little over a year and a half.
    -Raw Stats-
    Height: 5' 8''
    Weight: 170 something cutting
    Bench: 253x 1 (equipped June 3rd)
    Squat: 275 x 5 ( haven't squatted in forever)
    Deadlift: 402 x 1 (Equipped June 3rd)

tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to consider that the "average" teen does not lift at all. The average teen probably benches his bodyweight, and squats just a tiny bit more. As for teenage lifters I think I saw somewhere that good (for 6'0) was considered Bench 185, Squat 250, Deadlift 225.
    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
    ..Make the Misc Great..
    .Again - Donald Trump.
    |___________|
    `````\ (•◡•) /
    ``````` \ /
    ``````` ---
    ``````` | |

Been miscing for to long idreamofnumber1's Avatar
    idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i can bench 225i havent maxed out on anything else

Chrysler Corporation Car 91SundanceRS's Avatar
    91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by tnel00
    You need to consider that the "average" teen does not lift at all. The average teen probably benches his bodyweight, and squats just a tiny bit more. As for teenage lifters I think I saw somewhere that good (for 6'0) was considered Bench 185, Squat 250, Deadlift 225.
    I don't think that's true about non-lifters being able to bench their body wgt. I just started lifting, and I couldn't even bench my own body wgt.

Keeper of the Health FormReverend's Avatar
    FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate threads about stats. Stuff like this gets reposted so much it makes my stomach queasy. The last thing I need to do is puke boneless chicken and oats all over my keyboard.

In my experiences of lifting I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as "average." Sure you can take a bunch of peoples lifts and take the mean of them, but I honestly do not think that there is some "cookie-cutter" amount of weight that a person of a specific age lifts, even if you could narrow it down to bodyweight and experience. Differences in technique, diet, time of day, all factor together. You can't make a controlled assessment of this. You can try, but I don't think that it is going to have any precision whatsoever. Of course if these posts come up in the hopes that others will posts lower stats and the original poster feels better about themselves then great for them. I couldn't tell you that it is rewarding, because I would not get any satisfaction whatsoever out of it. Granted, it makes me feel good on those days of maximum effort when I catch someone bugging out at the weight I use on some of those exercises, even though if these people were taught proper diet and form they could crush the poundages too.

Well, I'm getting off topic and ranting, so I'm going to step off of my soapbox now.
    Stop worrying so much about overtraining. Worry about undereating and under-resting. If it works keep it up. If it doesn't, get rid of it. Compound lifts rule. So does unprocessed food.

With milk at $5 a gallon how do some of you afford so many useless supps?