Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Alternatives to squats?

Here's my situation... the gym i go to got rid of their squat rack (i guess that's what 10 bucks a month gets you)... what's a good alternative to squats?

We have a smith machine, but when i try squats on that, it hurts my knees to hell.... there's also a 45 degree leg press macichine (like the one here http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...5LegPress.html )

I'm considering doing the hack squat or doing the leg press machine. I'm looking more towards the hack squat but it looks kinda hard ( http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...HackSquat.html )... What do you guys think? Or are there other exercises i should consider?

golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) golfguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lunges i think? Imma try doing them ive been avoiding squats for a while.
    I think lunges build up ur arms pretty good too.
    1RM
    Bench- 175LB
    Deadlift- 245LB
    Squat- 225LB

Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000) Kung-fusion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why can't you do both the hack squat and the leg press? Definitely use the leg press since it's available to you, but I don't see why you should limit yourself to just that if you have barbells available.
    "Involuntary spasm! Witness the show! Enjoy the show!"

darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Same problem, but kinda solved

I've had the exact same problem as you man. Check this thread out. The guys here gave me a lot of good suggestions. Been implementing them for a while.

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/sh...d.php?t=691263
    *Someday I want to meet this "Everyone," he seems to have written so very much, yet all of it is wrong.
    *Nature is the master of design, and knowledge is the master of nature.
    *Uncertainty is the seed of all knowledge - it is the catalyst of investigation

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    overhead squat will be very good.
    <->

farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1 leg squats are excellent too. Once you can do it easily with bodyweight grab a couple of light dumbells.
    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 6:3

Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks a lot guys, i'm learning so much from you all

Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choktu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also full deadlifts are a very similar motion to squats. Although they do focus a bit more on glutes and hams because of the angle. If you do those and leg press and keep the leg press on the quads with your feet close together it should be pretty complete upper leg work.