Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, this morning I went to Hess to get gas and I walked up to the cashier and told him to give me $30 on pump 7 and he goes "would you like to get a slice of pizza for just a buck?"
    I said "no thank you"

He said "oh, let me guess, you don't eat that kind of stuff" and rolled his eyes...

I wanted to be like "bro, maybe if you didnt eat that stuff you wouldnt be 40 lbs over weight", but hey, to each their own I guess.
    Avatar Pic was from Oct 2008. Then gained some weight as all I do is WORK!

Started the 2013 Summer Cut in Decemeber. Was at 201 lbs after some nice gains....

12/12/12: 201
    1/4/13: 197
    1/31/13: 192
    2/15/13: 188
    2/28/13: 185
    3/15/13: 182

GOAL is 175 by 4/15/13....

"It never occurs to me that there are things that I can't do."

Failure is not defeat...Defeat is accepting failure as the final outcome...
    -Me

mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do quite a bit. In fact, my family sometimes tells me I should stop being obsessed, even though eating healthy has already become rather natural to me now. At work, I'll always eat a salad w/ chicken, and once again people will occasionally make a comment. However, at the same time, I look good, so it's all worth it In fact, in a way it's an ego-booster :P
    Because if it were easy, I wouldn't be interested.

jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonflesh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i get more ridicule from my friends about quiting drinking rather than the food i eat.

Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mehdi84 View Post
    I do quite a bit. In fact, my family sometimes tells me I should stop being obsessed, even though eating healthy has already become rather natural to me now. At work, I'll always eat a salad w/ chicken, and once again people will occasionally make a comment. However, at the same time, I look good, so it's all worth it In fact, in a way it's an ego-booster :P
    Wow, same here... My mom thinks it's "weird" and my dad, who was a very good athlete in his time and a competitive powerlifter, realizes the importance of a healthy diet and respects my dedication, but still refers to it as an obsession sometimes. It's funny, because I don't even ENJOY unhealthy food... so I really don't see it as an obsession.

What's odd to me is that my friends that go out and drink heavily on Friday and Saturday nights AND kick back a few beers at home during the week don't seem to get ANY criticism from their parents. I guess that's just our society.

Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superhuman7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jonflesh View Post
    i get more ridicule from my friends about quiting drinking rather than the food i eat.
    Yeah. I had a couple of friends say they were going to pin me down and make me drink one night... I was like, "Bring it." They all looked at each other and looked at me and the conversation quickly changed gears, haha. I guess that was a compliment in itself.

BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I Have Been Workingout For 30 Years And To Be Honest I Have Never Heard Anyone Say Anything To Me Or About Me......i Mean Its Strange How People Say Stuff To The Rest Of You.....i Dont Mean Anything By That I Just Wonder Why I Never Hear Anything!!
    musclebuilding the way god intended it........naturally

solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100)
    Only those who lack discipline mock those with discipline. They're just jealous, and want to have that ability to eat right, but they don't, so they try to bring you down. Being mocked comes with the territory of eating right, so be it, don't listen to them.

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, mainly because people are so ignorant about nutrition and think "diet" means low calorie, no fat etc.. and can't seem to understand that eating a structured, balanced, 3,500 calorie meal plan is also a ''diet" so I get weird looks and crap when I tell people that I have a nutrition plan. They think that since I'm pretty slim that I can eat anything, or just eat 3 meals a day. It's because of this fatass weightloss mentality that everyone has, it's manipulated peoples minds, causing them to think "OMG Calories are bad" "look at how much fat is in this peanut butter," "carbs are the devil." Some just cant get it throuigh their thick skull that some people actually WANT to gain weight.

BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well Said Solid Intencity!
    musclebuilding the way god intended it........naturally

Boots754 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boots754 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cronos1247 View Post
    Just curious if anyone gets looks or comments made constantly when going out or eating healthy around other people. Everytime I go out to eat and ask for a fat free dressing on my salad or get grilled chicken regardless where I go, etc. My family or friends always have to say something.

The worst part is they eat chicken fried steak & fast food constantly and gain no weight, bastards. Their primary supplement is Bud Light too.

I know what you mean. I have been pretty hard at it for a while now and my family and friends are constantly saying something. The thing that I hear the most is that I have already lost to much weight. I just reply and say that I am still way over a good body fat percentage and that they are saying that because they are use to seeing me fat and eating that way also. It is hard to stay motivated under those circumstances, but I realize most of them don't mean anything by it, and I continue to work hard.

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I eat whatever I want. I do eat healthily, but I treat myself occasionally too.

And, I couldn't give a rats ass what anybody else thinks about how or what I eat. And, I've already proved them wrong anyway. Nobody can question how I eat justifiably
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

Veg can't get big lolwut? Mr.Runner's Avatar
    Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The first definition of "diet" is just "The foods that a person or animal habitually eats". The word diet has such a bad connotation...since most diets now are unnatural and unbalanced quick-fixes that aren't good for you.

So, technically...if you eat McDonalds all the time, you're on a diet...seeing as how you're habitually eating McDonalds.

But about the topic; yeah. The image of a "manly man" by most is one that can hold ten beers and cleans out a whole grills worth of burgers and hotdogs on thick, white flour buns.

But what's funny is, is that everyone admires people who are healthy and fit and attractive, yet if you're a man and you did this, you're probably gay, and if you're a woman and you do it, you're a psycho-bitch fitness freak.

People really are ridiculous when it comes to this. But who gives a damn? As long as it works for you...

drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ebes22 View Post
    my family used to give me ****. Now, years later they ask me random nutrition/exercises questions almost daily.

I remember I ALWAYS used to get a hard time from my neighbor (who was a friend, but older then me). I had him read this, and now he is in great shape.

ITS A LONG READ BUT WELL WORTH IT!

What Seperates us from them
    Source: T-Mag.com

" So, what are you doing for a living these days?" Bob asked me. We' re sitting on the couch at one of those tedious holiday get-togethers, you know, the ones where you' re supposed to be nice to family members you never see except during major holidays and funerals. I think Bob is my wife' s brother-in-law' s second cousin or something.

" I' m the assistant editor and a writer for Testosterone magazine," I say. Bob looks at me with a blank expression on his face, as if I' d just told him I sell handmade testicle warmers beside the freeway and was looking to open franchises across the nation.

" It' s a bodybuilding magazine," I say.

Blank expression. Deer caught in the headlights. Ronnie Coleman doing trigonometry.

" Oh," Bob finally says, " I heard you were, like, one of those bodybuilder guys or something. So, what' s that like, you know, working out every day and stuff? I just don' t have time to lift weights all day, but I have been meaning to get rid of this beer belly." He takes another sip of beer. " What do you suggest?" Sip.

At first I was a little offended. I wanted to grab him up and say, " You can' t tell I' m a bodybuilder?! Look at my ass! Now, if that' s not a nice round squat-built piece of sirloin, I don' t know what is! You think that comes naturally? I can crack walnuts with this puppy! Wanna see? Huh, punk? Do ya? Do ya?"

Then I realize this just might cause a scene and could cost me several Christmas presents. I was planning on returning any presents I got and using the money to buy a power rack, so I didn' t want to jeopardize this gift getting opportunity. I also realized that old Bob probably had a certain preconceived image of a bodybuilder and I just didn' t fit that image. I' m not gorilla huge; I weigh about 205 at 5' 11" right now. (When I first started lifting I was a pudgy 159, so that' s not too shabby.) Also, I wasn' t wearing clown pants, a fluorescent string tank top, a hanky on my head and one of those little fanny packs. And isn' t that what real bodybuilders are supposed to wear?

Bob continued to sit there drinking his Natural Light, smoking a cigarette and waiting for an answer, oblivious to the fact that he' d come this close to seeing some serious walnut- crunching ass power. I tried to figure out how I could explain to the average guy what the typical T-Man does and why he does it. How could I get him to understand what it is we do, how we feel, how we live? So I took a deep breath and told him something like this:

" Well, Bob, I guess you could use the term bodybuilder if you really need a label for what it is we do. Most of us actually don' t stand on stage and compete, though. We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we' ll look good naked. Sure, it' s healthy too, and we' ll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it' s about the naked thing. Truthfully, it goes beyond even that.

" Let' s be honest here. We do it because of people like you, Bob. We look at you sitting there with your gut hanging over your belt and we watch you grunt and groan just getting out of a chair. Guys like you are our inspiration, Bob. You' re better than Anthony Robbins, Bill Phillips, Deepak Chopra, and Zig ****ing Ziglar all wrapped up into one. We love it when guys like you talk about not having time to exercise. Every time we see you munching on a bag of potato chips, you inspire us. You' re my shot in the arm, Bob, my living and breathing wake-up call, my own personal success coach.

" You want to know what it is we do? We overcome. We' re too busy to train, too, but we overcome. We' re too busy to prepare healthy meals and eat them five or six times a day, but we overcome. We can' t always afford supplements, our genetics aren' t perfect, and we don' t always feel like going to the gym. Some of us used to be just like you, Bob, but guess what? We' ve overcome.

" We like to watch ' normal' people like you tell us about how they can' t get in shape. We smile and nod sympathetically like we feel your pain, but actually, we' re thinking that you' re a pathetic piece of **** that needs to grow a spine and join a gym. You smile sheepishly and say that you just can' t stay motivated and just can' t stand that feeling of being sore. (For some reason you think that admitting your weaknesses somehow justifies them.) We listen to you ***** and moan. We watch you look for the easy way out. Because of people like you, Bob, we never miss a workout.

" You ask us for advice about diet and training and usually we politely offer some guidance, but deep inside we know you won' t take our advice. You know that too. We smile and say, ' Hope that helps. Good luck,' but actually we' re thinking, ' Boy, it would suck to be you.' We know that 99% of people won' t listen to us. Once they hear that it takes hard work, sacrifice and discipline, they stop listening and tune us out.

" We know they wanted us to say that building a great body is easy, but it just isn' t. This did not take five minutes a day on a TorsoTrack. We did not get this way in 12 short weeks using a Bowflex and the Suzanne Somers' ' Get Skinny' diet. A good body does not cost five easy payments of $39.95.

" We like it that while you' re eating a candy bar and drinking Mountain Dew, we' re sucking down a protein shake. You see, that makes it taste even better to us. While you' re asleep we' re either getting up early or staying up late, hitting the iron, pushing ourselves, learning, succeeding and failing and rising above the norm with every rep. Can you feel that, Bob? Can you relate? No? Good. This wouldn' t be half as fun if you could.

" We do it because we absolutely and totally get off on it. We do it because people like you, Bob, either can' t or won' t. We do it because what we do in the gym transfers over into the rest of our lives and changes us, physically, mentally, maybe even spiritually. We do it because it beats watching fishing and golf on TV. By the way, do you know what it' s like to turn the head of a beautiful woman because of the way you' re built? It feels good, Bob. Damned good.

" When we' re in the gym, we' re in this indescribable euphoria zone. It' s a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven' t been there, then it' s like trying to describe color to a person who' s been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there' s knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance. If you do it long enough, Bob, there' s even enlightenment. Sometimes, the answers to questions you didn' t even know you had are sitting there on those rubber mats, wrapped up in a neat package of iron plates and bars.

" Want to lose that beer belly, Bob? I have a nutty idea. Put down the ****ing beer. I' ll tell you what, Bob. Christmas morning I' m getting up real early and hitting the iron. I want to watch my daughter open her presents and spend the whole day with her, so this is the only time I have to train. The gym will be closed, so I' m going out in my garage to workout. You be at my house at six in the morning, okay? I' ll be glad to help you get started on a weight training program. It' ll be colder than Hillary Clinton' s coochie in there, so dress warm.

" But let me tell you something, Bob. If you don' t show up, don' t bother asking me again. And don' t you ever sit there and let me hear you ***** about your beer belly again. This is your chance, your big opportunity to break out of that rut. If you don' t show up, Bob, you' ve learned a very important lesson about yourself, haven' t you? You won' t like that lesson.

" You won' t like that feeling in the pit of your stomach either or that taste in your mouth. It will taste worse than defeat, Bob. Defeat tastes pretty goddamned nasty, but what you' ll be experiencing will be much worse. It will be the knowledge that you' re weak, mentally and physically. What' s worse is that you' ll have accepted that feeling. The feeling will always be with you. In the happiest moments of your life, it' ll be there, lying under the surface like a malignant tumor. Ignore it at your own peril, Bob.

" Don' t look at me like that either. This just may be the best Christmas present you' ll get this year. Next Christmas, Bob, when I see you again, I' m going to be a little bigger, a little stronger, and a little leaner. What will you be? Will you still be making excuses? This is a gift, Bob, from me to you. I' m giving you the chance to look fate in those pretty eyes of hers and say, ' Step off, *****. This is my party and you' re not invited.' What do you say, Bob? Monday, Christmas morning, 6am, my house. The ball' s in your court."
    Thanks for the article. I have printed it out, I have been like "Bob" for years...I finally put down the natty and went and started working out. This will be a great article to read the next time I feel like I don't have time to go to the gym. Thanks!
    Many of life's failures are those who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. -Thomas Edison

Big_biceps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big_biceps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    with most of my friends they can't understand it because they see what i'm doing as ''not living'' and that eating sh*T and getting p*ssed every weekend is living.

But what they fail to understand is that being healthy and bodybuilding IS living for me that's what gives me my buzz, that's what gives me a warm tingle inside and makes me feel totally happy about myself.

they will say ''you only get one life'' i say ''exactly, so i want to be in the best shape i can for it''.

what also makes me laugh is that eating bad and drinking actually makes you feel like sh*t.

try it, eat sh*t and binge drink for a day, but then the next day eat well, plnety of veg and fruit and have a good hard cardio session and you feel like a million dollars from the endorphins and your body being totally satisfied from the nutrients.

not only do they feel like crap from the food they eat, their bodies turn to sh*t and that makes them feel like crap some more.

to me it's a no brainer.

eat like crap, look like crap, feel like crap

or

eat well, exercise well, feel great, look great.

hmmm

I also love the motivation and determination i have been gifted with inside me. you can't give someone that, it just burns within me, nothing will stop me from reaching my goals and eating healthy.

it takes alot of self discipline motivation and determination and these aspects pass through to other areas of your life making you more successful in whatever you choose to do.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by juice1348 View Post
    Well, this morning I went to Hess to get gas and I walked up to the cashier and told him to give me $30 on pump 7 and he goes "would you like to get a slice of pizza for just a buck?"
    I said "no thank you"

He said "oh, let me guess, you don't eat that kind of stuff" and rolled his eyes...

I wanted to be like "bro, maybe if you didnt eat that stuff you wouldnt be 40 lbs over weight", but hey, to each their own I guess.
    you should have, gas station attendant... just tell him to go **** yourself, and btw who is your manager?
    @__@

Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unconnected will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My room mates are all overweight, and eat the most disgusting **** i've seen, pounding down "lean pockets", followed by some ice cream. Bags of chips....ugh I could keep going
    The other day though, and I love this, we had a snow storm come through, my room mates know I work till 10, however I go to the gym after work..
    I get home around 11:30 and one of them asks "Where have you been?" I say "I went to the gym", and she goes "In this weather!?"
    No excuses..
    Now I dont receive any ridicule from them, but this girl is planning to run a marathon this year in honor of her grandfather, yet shes 5'7" and 250lbs, and was eating a bag of chips in the same spot she lays in all day long on the couch that night, like every other night

Lost 161lbs and counting Freddie Beef's Avatar
    Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Because I am still heavy, most people I know, are aware I lift weights passionatly. But when they see me eating my chicken, cottage cheese and broccoli meals, I hate hearing, must not be doing any good, look at ya, it is almost unmotivating, but I dont let it get to me. My next favorite thing to hear is, quite lifting weights and focus on cardio. It is a shame, people try to better themselves and still get sh*t for it.
    Strong and Brave, to the grave

qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol my parents use to try to make fun of me and tease me for it ( i think they just didnt want me to get in shape lol) but now that im getting strong their getting jealous, my mom has asked me to train her now, lol

IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I said "no thank you"

if i ever got **** from a ****n gas station attendant. i would probably take the ****n pizza box and beat him to the floor with it.
    freed from desire. mind and senses purified.

jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wink

Awesome thread. I choked on my tilapia as I read some of the comments the rest of you get. I swear, some of them were taken out of the mouths of my own coworkers haha. But it's all good though...I look at me, and then at "them", and I mean, how can you not smile?

But yeah, the way we eat and the way we look (especially once you start getting real big) are dead giveaways to being "fitness freaks". I was on The Cut Diet not too long ago and was eating chicken and green beans with almonds at every meal during the workday. I'd be in the kitchen and people would say "chicken and green beans again?" or, "that looks like crap"...as they hobbled their fat 300-pound asses over to the free cake and cookies left over from the Valentine's Day.

I just take it in stride and say something like "yupp...this is all I ever eat" or "yeah, you know...gotta do what ya gotta do". There's never really a point in explaining since the last thing they are gonna do is listen. Prob make you seem even wierder if you get into the details. As much as I can't help but to show how/what I eat, I do try my best to keep my bodybuilding "quiet" in the office, since being able to "fit in" reigns supreme in the corporate arena.

Oh well.
    Last edited by jackedrabbit; 02-17-2008 at 10:56 AM.

arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10) arsilva is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    any of my good friends tend to start eating healthy when they see me doing it. and my workout partner, obviously, already lifted, so he just started eating healthy when i did.
    all of my "frat boy" friends give me ****, but i know they kinda repsect me for it.
    and most of the adults i hang around are my dad's educated coworkers, so even though they may not eat healthy, they understand it and know all the benefits, etc.
    but yeah, i definitely get the wierd looks/scoffs from people wanting to go party.

mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwlaxjt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cronos1247 View Post
    Just curious if anyone gets looks or comments made constantly when going out or eating healthy around other people. Everytime I go out to eat and ask for a fat free dressing on my salad or get grilled chicken regardless where I go, etc. My family or friends always have to say something.

The worst part is they eat chicken fried steak & fast food constantly and gain no weight, bastards. Their primary supplement is Bud Light too.
    yeah it really pisses me off sometimes too but i know that once they get older they're going to get fat like the rest of american adults and then wish they had learned to eat the way i do and when they are overweight at 25 not getting any im gonna be in great shape getting all the ass i want... who cares if you enjoy the four years of hs its the rest of your life that matters
    MW Lax: Welcome to our Jungle... Can you handle it??

Currently:
    Maintaining/Slightly Cutting

Current Supps:
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Cuts
    FOOD!!!

kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdanger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jackedrabbit View Post
    Awesome thread. I choked on my tilapia as I read some of the comments the rest of you get.
    Hilarious. Reps.
    Time for a reset.

5/12/09 - 206 lbs.

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I said "no thank you"

That's as bad as the "will that be all, sir?" question. Of course that will be all; if I'd wanted something else, I'd have asked for it.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonJuAn1Jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All i get is **** from my parents, i tell them what i can eat for dinner and then get **** when i dont eat the peirogies or the fried whatever, or the tater tots....cmon ur my parents, if anyone should be proud of me for trying to be a healthier person, it should be them. Rite?

Oh but on the flip side, the gf is extremely supportive and she always asks me for tips to better herself.
    CytoSport EvoPro casein, ON whey 100%, Xtend, Universal Animal Cuts, Flex, Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    September 07 ~262 lbs~~
    December 07~ 232lbs ~~
    January 08 ~224lbs ~~
    March 08 ~~215lbs~~
    Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump...

this also sucks as a big volunteer group I am involved with... ALWAYS plans their meetings and social meetups around eating out or a night of drinking...its always crap food that I would rather just not touch...
    of course, none are athletic much less lift weights... all out of shape, oh wellll

bump to this thread... I think it is good to rant sometimes and be in community of like people...

Originally Posted by Unconnected View Post
    but this girl is planning to run a marathon this year in honor of her grandfather, yet shes 5'7" and 250lbs, and was eating a bag of chips in the same spot she lays in all day long on the couch that night, like every other night
    yeah...that isn't happening, key word "planning" ... that plan will follow through anybody taking bets...?
    Last edited by grapemaster; 02-17-2008 at 08:13 PM.
    @__@

Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

Ya, I get a lot of comments from co-workers about eating healthy. Just because they like to eat Fast Food, doesn't mean I want too anymore. I'm tring to make a major lifestyle change and they all think I'm nuts for doing it.

i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) i4nb63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep, my fatass 200 pound roomate thinks it wierd than me and my other roomate count our calories.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

danebergen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's one of the best parts of bodybuilding.

The reason they say things is because they are jealous that they don't have the discipline to do it.

Most of my friends who used to laugh at the foods I ate are now training at my gym and asking me how they can do what I've done.

Remember - Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means

ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballinfrogs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ya, its funny when ure at college and all ure friends are eating and drinking whatever they want whenever, and you have a strict meal plan. Then when they start getting fat, they come to you for help...
    Current Stats :
    Height - 5'11
    Weight - 184
    Age - 22

Bulking till 220...