GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) GermanGod is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it healthy to run everyday?

maybe 4-5 times a week, weekends off. Not sprinting, because I heard it tasks your CNS too much, but just fast jogging.

Thanks in advance.

mpercia52 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mpercia52 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by GermanGod View Post
    maybe 4-5 times a week, weekends off. Not sprinting, because I heard it tasks your CNS too much, but just fast jogging.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, you can run that much (4-5 times a week) and not have it negatively effect you. I wouldn't go EVERYday though. Also, try and switch up how you are running by either changing your pace, distance, total time running, hills vs flats, etc. Like anything, if you do the same training everyday, you body will get used to it, not making any training progress and also could make yourself prone to chronic injuries. Follow up a day of long, hard running with a shorter jog. RunnersWorld.com has great, more detailed information for advid runners. check it out
    Matt

B.S. Exercise Science...ACSM HFS
    Live with a FitBody

http://www.********.com/FitBodyHype

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wel road running is bad for the ankles and knees ( over a long period of time ) but it depends how hard the surface is !
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GermanGod View Post

Thanks in advance.
    It mainly depends on your physiology, gait and natural capacity. Many marathon runners go on running into their 70s. Some people hobble to the fridge in their 30s.

Just be smart about it. I lift less when I run a lot to keep the balance good, but I try and keep my weekly lifting time under 3 hours anyway

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    mileage for competitive runners is at least 50 miles a week, usually much more. they work up to it though.

most important thing is basically your tolerance for running. Some people can run a lot without injury naturally.