Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10)

RangerJoe's Crossfit Journal and Crossfit Questions

If you have any questions concerning Crossfit I'd also be glad to address them in this forum. I am a level I certified Crossfit trainer. I will post my workouts here and in my body blog as I do them. I will also post my bodybuilding supplement workout that I usually do in addition to my Crossfit WOD. This is mainly to track my times and progress and any significant notes contributing to the good performance or lack thereof for each workout. I do a combination of workouts that I pull either from the main crossfit website, crossfitsantacruz website, crossfitnsc website, or whatever hellish workout I design for myself. Feel free to post your times too.

RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The past 3 days:

5FEB 3 rounds of 20 reps 40# kettlebell swings, 40reps 50# pushpress, 60 reps air squats. Time: 10:27

6FEB 7?5reps deadlifts: 225, 245, 275, 295, 315, 335, 365 and 5?5 incline DB bench, 90# Dumbells

7FEB Joshie: 3 rounds of 21 L-Pullups, 21reps 40# db snatch, 21 L-Pullups, 21reps 40#DB snatch. Time: 17:27

4FEB 5x7reps squat I went heavy at 335# and 7x5 reps of bench and i went really heavy for me…i was failing on reps 3-5, but i was focusing on the negative with a lot of help on the way up at 275#.

3FEB 7 rounds 10 ring dips, 10 95# thruster, 30 27" box jump. time: 16:27 This was a real smoker. followed by medicine ball ab work

2FEB 5 rounds of 10reps 55# kettlebell swing, 10 reps 55# kettlebell snatch and mills, 25 glute-ham-dev situps Time:10:27

Followed by: 5x10 55# dumbells shoulder press, 5x20 20# dumbells lateral raises, 5x10 270# shrugs

1FEB 20 minutes of 10 dips, 15 205# squats, 25 situps. i did 12 rounds and just under 21 minutes.

THAT’S! 180 REPS OF 205#
    this is one of my favorite workouts because of the sheer amount of volume of weight you push.

Jan 31st: Friane aka Poison Ivy aka F$ck this sucks
    3 rounds of DEATH of 15 reps 225# deadlift, 15reps 95# thruster, 15 pullups, 15 handstand pushups. Time 12:29
    Last edited by RangerUpbitch; 02-08-2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Re-format

WOD for today was a ridiculous grouping and very equipment intensive workout. It was as follows:

20 pullups, 20 knees-2-elbows, 25 back extensions, 50 24" box jumps, 30 20# wallballs, 20 double unders, 25 ring dips, 25 walking lunges, 30 situps, 30 75# kettlebell swings, 45 towel pullups, 20 35# dumbells hang squat cleans.

Time: 15:26

This freakin' workout was a pain in the A$$ simply because there were so many different exercises. I didn't do them in any particular order, and i can't remember the order i did them. But i know i did them all because i marked them off the post-it note every time i finished an exercise. I smoked it with very few breaks...mostly in between walking from the pullup bar and the other room. the freakin 75# swings sucked and required a few breaks too. All in all a good smoker.

WOD for today was as follows:

5 Rounds of:
    10reps Body weight bench press, 15- 20#Wallballs, 25 45# sumo-dead-lift high-pulls.

In my infinite wisdom i decided to up the bench press to 185# instead of 150# for my bodyweight. It slowed me down quite a bit but i surprised to finish the workout without spotter help, save for 2 repetitions.

Time: 12:26

My workout partner weighs 185# so this explains why I picked that weight. He did it in 10:24. He did a kick ass job. I usually beat him even when i use his bodyweight for exercises but my chest isn't one of my strong points.

easy day
    10 reps 225# squat
    8x7 reps squats 275# pausing at bottom of each rep for 3 count

3 rounds
    10 50# kettlebell mills, 10 swings, 20 double unders

5 1-minute handstands practice

extra light day tomorrow, should be some type of run interval with some other body resistance type exercise. check back to see.

5 days until powerlifting competition

5 rounds of
    25 back extensions and 30 situps Time: 7:01

5x5 155# shoulder press
    4x20 20# lateral raises in front
    4x10 20# shoulder raises to the sides

5 rounds of the following:

400m run and 25 burpees\up downs Time:14:27

Followed by Bench press

1x8 205
    4x3 225
    4x6 275 only completed 1 rep...the rest were negatives with a lot of help up.

3 Days to Powerlifting Competition

rest day

1 hour of jiu jitsu class

2 days to powerlifting comp

scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good job on the journal, I'll be watching.

I did Lynne the other day @ 200lbs bw.

Bench: 20/11/7/6/6
    PUs: 25/13/13/10/11

Was suprised how tired my forarms got, which killed my grip for the pullups.

Originally Posted by scratchx View Post
    Good job on the journal, I'll be watching.

I did Lynne the other day @ 200lbs bw.

Bench: 20/11/7/6/6
    PUs: 25/13/13/10/11

Was suprised how tired my forarms got, which killed my grip for the pullups.

that's pretty good numbers for your weight. i weigh 150 but i use 185 when i do lynne. my pullups round average 26-27. if i get those into the 30's i'll be killing Lynne.

i had a rest day yesterday.
    Today i have my powerlifting competition. T -1hour wish me luck anyone who reads!

well i got second place in the power lifting competition. i did pretty well. I did not have any personal bests. I lost by 2 10,000th's of a point. Talk about SUCK! i'm happy about the results. The only reason i didn't shoot for the stars was because we only had two chances on each lift. So i stayed conservative. BUT the main thing about the whole deal is that i learned a lot about my lifting abilities and definitely what i'm capable of doing. I certainly could have lifted more. No big deal. FUN STUFF!

i forgot to add that there were 10 competitors on the mens side. i was the lightest competitor at 150#.

i followed up with a light crossfit workout.
    5 Rounds of:
    100 jumprope singles and 50 air squats Time: 8:26

I couldn't let just 6 lifts be my complete workout for the day even though they were max effort.

alright so today was one of my favorite workouts.
    5 rounds of the following:
    20 pullups, 30 pushups, 40 situps, 50 squats, 2 minute rest. Time: 19:00

Don't get it twisted of course i modified it. instead of 50 air squats i made it 20-20# wallballs and 30 airsquats

i walked a mile at 4.5 mph when i was done to start getting my legs ready for fast ruck marching. I finished with a half mile run that i did in 2:52.

I wrapped up the workout with 10 minutes of jump rope. i was smoked.

I feel good considering i did the max lifts yesterday during the lifting comp.

75-75# snatches. i did it in 8:06.

I know i can do a lot better but my back was cramping badly plus it was kinda sore from the powerlifting competition.
    Followed the workout with ten minutes of jump rope with my Buddy Lee Jump rope. i figured out how to do crossovers with on arm under my leg. that was pretty cool.

I finished with 4 sets of 50 med ball throws. I love ab work with the medicine ball. it's the SHYTE!

Crossfit WOD from yesterday for me was Annie. Annie is as follows:
    50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 reps of double under jumprope and situps.
    Time: 6:14
    I'll get faster if i don't keep f'in up the double unders. i don't remember taking any breaks.

5 rounds of weighted pullups
    30# 5 reps wide grip
    50# 3 reps medium grip
    70# 1 rep close grip

3 rounds of 21 reps of 185# squat and 30 pullups. Forgot to start my time.

Been out of the loop for a couple days. back on track this evening.

OK today was Nate. I completed 20 rounds in 20 minutes.

2 muscle-ups, 4 handstand pushups, 8-32kg kettle bell swings.

Next i did 4 rounds of 10 clean and press with windmill of 24kg kettlebell(5 each arm) and 25 situps. No time taken.
    This is a good little metabolic conditioning circuit that i do almost everyday, especially on heavy lift days. i usually do swings with it too but my back was all cramped up from the WOD swings, so i passed up on those.

Midnight workout as follows

Bench drop set
    185x10, 205x6, 225x4, 245x2 and finished with 2 sets of 5 reps @275# negatives with a lot of spotter help up.

4 sets of 10 reps C-fly's with 15# dumbells

GOOD 2 GO!

Good smoker for the day.

7 rounds of the following.

25 upright kb rows(1 pood)
    15 155# dead lifts
    10 dips
    Time: 13:26

I didn't push myself as hard as i know i can go but i did feel awkward from yesterday's workout. Not sore but awkward.

4 rounds of the following

15 kettlebell clean and press with windmill, 15 swings and 30 situps. 1 pood kettlebell(16kg)
    i went really fast through this workout but i didn't record my time. i should use a heavier kb next time. this was way to easy.

i've been out of the loop again. i've gone on a couple patrols outside of the wire the kept me on my feet for the majority of the time. i've probably walked at least 10 miles worth in the past days that i didn't post workouts. I was also wearing all my shyte which weighs in excess of 50 pounds with all my body armor, ammo, weapons, and assault pack. some decent slow low impact cardio for sure
    Last edited by RangerUpbitch; 02-29-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot the weight of the kb

as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of the following:

10 reps 205# squat and 15 towel pullups(shimmy towel back and forth) Rounds: 11 Man this sucked! I was smoked!

10 minutes of jump rope followed by 5 rounds of 1 minute of double unders and 1 minute of rest

1 mile warmup run followed by Angie one of the Crossfit girls. It goes as follows:
    100 pullups, pushups, situps and squats.

i finished in 13:38.

1 mile cool down run.

yesterday i did my favorite upperbody workout.
    21-15 and 9 reps of each of the following:

185# benchpress, ring dips, and handstand pushups. Time: 15:05
    When i first made this workout up it was supposed to be bodyweight bench press but that got to easy. So i upped that weight.

Got in a wreck in my guntruck last night on mission and banged up my legs a little bit. Luckily it's just some bruising. back to the grinder tonight. gonna be an easy night for sure.

workout from yesterday was 10 mills 10 swings 55# kettlebells and 25 situps. 3 rounds.

4 sets of 10 55# dumbells shoulder press. 270# shrugs 4 x10 reps
    Last edited by RangerUpbitch; 03-05-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: forgot weight

did a jumping michael
    3 rounds of 4 minutes of jumprope followed by 50 situps and back extensions

good change from the regular michael. try it out if you get a chance.

Workout today was the filthy fifty. 10 exercises 50 reps each: as follows:
    jumping pullups(i do regular pullups), back extensions, knees to elbows, 24" box jumps, double unders, wall balls, situps, 45# pushpress, 1 pood kb swings, burpees, and lunges.

time for the filthy fifty today was a personal record of 17:53.

4.5 mile slow easy run

Time: 32:23

Diane 21-15-9 repetitions of handstand push ups and 225# deadlift
    Time: 3:15 (pr)

I definitely feel i can have a sub three minute Diane. I felt off today and i smoked this workout. i guess i'm not used to semi long runs and it really took a lot out of my muscles. It might not have affected me for this workout since it's a short workout. 'till next time.