STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest pain from dips

I did dips yesterday and today my chest hurts, (not the muscles), but the chest bone between the pecs and the chin area. When I press on this area of my center chest its sore (again it's not muscle soreness but more like the chest cavity). Am I leaning forward to much? Going to deep? Or maybe I shouldn't be doing them.

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    probably has to do with the positioning of the handles you used. most of the machines people use for dips have 2 postions that you can flip......the closer the handles are the harder your triceps will have to work.....if the handles are the farther apart your chest comes into play much more.
    i'm a fatty now :(

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know exactly what you mean. Did that in my twenties the bone/cartilege actually buckled; couldn't do dips for years. Most likely back then I was doing them too deep and too fast (youth ). Lay off the dips for a while; monitor how your chest feels doing benches or anything else & be careful getting back into dips; but hope you can.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by someday View Post
    probably has to do with the positioning of the handles you used. most of the machines people use for dips have 2 postions that you can flip......the closer the handles are the harder your triceps will have to work.....if the handles are the farther apart your chest comes into play much more.
    yes
    on chest day I have em wide and on arm day I have em close.
    I get the same thing though when I do them wide. it goes away in a day or so and it has been happening less and with less intensity.
    I think the breast bone just gets stronger along with the muscles

STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yesterday was the first day doing them in a long time, I just did them in place of dumbbell benches. I was doing weighted dips last summer and they didn't hurt as much as when I done them yesterday.There are no adjustments on this machine but I try to keep my elbows pulled in close to me.
    Last edited by STUCKUP; 02-08-2008 at 07:41 AM.

LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it could be due to over training or using too much weight.
    i'd say to give it a few weeks off, then start back using lighter weights and work your way up and if the pain returns, back off or give it more time to heal...
    just my $0.02.

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It is the cartiledge connection on the bone that has displaced - did it myself last year at a hardcore gym when they fixed the flye machine for initiation ceremony [ how they get their kicks ] - it will take a month or so to resettle. Keep the elbows tucked and monitor it as you do them - its a pain but it will improve.
    Within the realms of reason - nothing is impossible.
    IMMORTALITY IS A STATE OF MIND
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.