WeebleWobble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Glutamine in Protein Shakes???

It seems that all protein shake powders contain a lot of "Glutamic acid." Is this the same as Glutamine? And if so, what would be the point of taking Glutamine in addition to drinking shakes every day?

zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by WeebleWobble
    It seems that all protein shake powders contain a lot of "Glutamic acid." Is this the same as Glutamine? And if so, what would be the point of taking Glutamine in addition to drinking shakes every day?

its a precursor to glutamine...and welcome to 5 years ago

David_1201086 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) David_1201086 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) David_1201086 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what the hell ever happened to weeble wobbles?

Still confused

#1) Five years ago I was still on the couch with a bag of chips. So I'm a little behind and ignorant about supplements.

#2) Weeble Wobbles are still made, but they look really different now. There not just round and smooth. They have 3D features now. Oh, and the new Weeble Wobble treehouse is completely different too.

Anyway, should I take Glutamine in addition to my protein shakes?

I sweat BCAAs and sea H2O JoeyTS's Avatar
    JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    #1)

Anyway, should I take Glutamine in addition to my protein shakes?
    I would say don't bother. Its really expensive and may not do much. Also, like you noticed--its in the shake already. I will look around and try to find some informative threads for you to read up and make your own choice, but I recomend not adding it.

I sweat BCAAs and sea H2O JoeyTS's Avatar
    JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

...I'm a little behind and ignorant about supplements.
    well here is a little start to understanding the glutamine controversy, some like it, many more don't, but check out these thread and maybe it will help you decide if you want to add it.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ight=glutamine

these are four different threads that debate glutamine, hope that helps

Thank you

Thanks for your time and help. I'll check it out.

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    WeebleWobble, personally I really like glutamine. You're not going to get any Pro hormone-like effects, but I've always seen a benefit. about 4-5 years ago I did a study on myown w/ glutamine and ever since then I take it year round - between 20-40 grams per day. I notice alot of benefits. However, do not take glutamine W/ YOUR PROTEIN SHAKES! The body recognizes it as "protein" and not a free form amino so you won't get the benefit. Take the glutamine immediately before and after the workout w/ some BCAA's and then again 2-3 times throughout the day on an empty stomach. YOu should see some better pumps and if you're like me and get sick easily you should see some immune function improvements.