BadSS454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadSS454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not sore the next day

I've been working out pretty steadily for about 5 months now, and have seen great improvements in my strength and appearence. My question is, I no longer really get sore the next day after my workouts. On the days I workout, I get a feeling, that the best way I can describe it is "can't go any further". Like when doing tri's, I get to a point where I can't complete the exercise because I can't straighten my arm out. Okay, not the greatest way of explaining it, because I don't think I'm getting my point across. But the next day, I wake up and I'm not the slightest bit sore. Is this normal? Should I work out harder?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris
    2005 - 6'2" 290lbs
    Current - 6'4" 249lbs
    BF ~18%

"Though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil...for I'm the biggest, baddest SOB in the valley."

viper711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your body learns to adapt, you might not be sore all the time. being sore isn't the key to building mass. best quote i've ever read "you need to stimulate, not annihilate the muscles" - Lee Haney

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    when you cant finish the rep, youre describing "going to failure"

have you changed exercises lately? maybe you have just adapted to the exercises you were doing and you need some changes. Try changing either exercises or rep ranges
    "Humility comes before honor"

Tweed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Push yourself more - don't keep doing the same exercises with the same weight or only a little added. Plus, my muscles always hurt more two days after I work them out.
    busta in a crowd, talkin loud, u aint sayin 5hit, run yo mizouth lyk a junky fiendin fer anotha hit

liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    From what I hear and what I understand, being sore usually occurs when a new stress is placed on the body (weight training). When you were new to training, your body became sore while adapting to the new stress. Now that you aren't new and since you are training regularly, you don't get sore. Soreness in the muscles is only a temporary build up of lactic acid and blood. I took a week off because I was sick, this is my first week back and after the first day I was a little sore. Hope this helps.

Mike

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Change your routine.

Change your exercises.

Change your volume.

Change your intensity.
    No sir, I don't like it.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BadSS454 View Post
    I've been working out pretty steadily for about 5 months now, and have seen great improvements in my strength and appearence.
    That's all you really need.

You can sit and obsess over why the DOMS is not present. But, in reality, as long as progression is there, you're good to go.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by liftingbuddy1 View Post
    Soreness in the muscles is only a temporary build up of lactic acid and blood.

Mike
    Believe it or not scientist now believe that lactic acid isn't the cause for soreness and that they don't actually know what causes soreness. It may be the muscle fibers rebuilding on top of themselves.

Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you need to switch up what you do in order and in reps and weight amount, it seems your body has adapted to this and your gains will being to decrease unless you switch things up.
    Weight training is not just about muscles, it's about character, determination, dedication, control, and knowledge.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jhb07c View Post
    Believe it or not scientist now believe that lactic acid isn't the cause for soreness and that they don't actually know what causes soreness. It may be the muscle fibers rebuilding on top of themselves.
    Welcome to 1992
    I don't know either lol