Thread: Best Alcohol?

mport1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Alcohol?

What is the best kind of alcohol price/calorie/carb wise for weightlifting to keep weight gain and other adverse effects to a minimum?
    Last edited by mport1; 02-23-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mport1
    What is the best kind of alcohol price/calorie/carb wise for weightlifting to keep weight gain and other adverse effects to a minimum?
    alcohol on cheat days only would be the best kind.

but, if you gotta drink, rum and diet coke.

Originally Posted by Rachel_n_SD
    alcohol on cheat days only would be the best kind.

but, if you gotta drink, rum and diet coke.
    Well, I'm in college, so I'm drinking 3-4 times a week. However because that is a REALLY BIG cheat, I never break from my diet besides for alcohol.

The GOP Voice of America Jimineye2.0's Avatar
    Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jimineye2.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hard alcohol is better than beer I believe in that it has less calories. I'm in college as well and I normally drink hard alcohol, usually 151 and some cheap brand of coke. If you can handle 151, then I think that might be the best since it doesn't take much of it to get you drunk for the night.

Originally Posted by Jimineye2.0
    Hard alcohol is better than beer I believe in that it has less calories. I'm in college as well and I normally drink hard alcohol, usually 151 and some cheap brand of coke. If you can handle 151, then I think that might be the best since it doesn't take much of it to get you drunk for the night.
    Yeah, I can handle 151 (and I love it), but doesn't the higher proof also translate into higher calories/carbs and thus negate the effects of the fact that it can get you drunk faster.

YOUR MOTHER'S BOOTY CALL steelo79's Avatar
    steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i've put A LOT of thought into this. rum and diet coke is a no-no. stay away from rum. go for either vodka and diet coke, or tequila straight.
    my journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125520783

Originally Posted by steelo79
    i've put A LOT of thought into this. rum and diet coke is a no-no. stay away from rum. go for either vodka and diet coke, or tequila straight.
    And what is the reason behind this? Why is rum so bad while the others are better?

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you drink bacardi light rum its okay, or most other light clear rums if you drink a spiced rum or dark rum gonna have more carbs and sugars, alcohol should be avoided anyway if you are serious about your training. drinking 3-4 nights a week is definitely holding back your progress.

noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bro drink miller light. It is relatively cheap, tastes ok, and only has 3.3 carbs a bottle, not sugar, and like 100 calories, You can drink like 6 or 8 or something, feel nice and not sacrifice too much.

Originally Posted by grapemaster
    if you drink bacardi light rum its okay, or most other light clear rums if you drink a spiced rum or dark rum gonna have more carbs and sugars, alcohol should be avoided anyway if you are serious about your training. drinking 3-4 nights a week is definitely holding back your progress.
    Yeah, I know it definitely has an impact on my progress, but I'm going to try to cut the drinking to 2 nights a week and keep it under 10 beers a night, or have one night where I go all out, and take it easy the other one.

Originally Posted by noahklop
    Bro drink miller light. It is relatively cheap, tastes ok, and only has 3.3 carbs a bottle, not sugar, and like 100 calories, You can drink like 6 or 8 or something, feel nice and not sacrifice too much.
    Hmm, but doesn't a shot of hard alcohol have about half as many calories as a beer.

Also, I just found the nutrition info on Bacardi 151. It's got 122 calories an ounce and no carbs. I guess that would be my best best because I would only need about 5 or so shots.

Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is what I will be doing. Now that I am in University I'll probably have two big nights a week so ...

One night I'll drink alcohol. The other night I'll drink 4 cans of Red Bull Sugarfree.

If you react well to caffeine then while you will have different feelings on either night, both will give you that extra buzz.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

Also, I wasn't effected that badly (at least I think) last semester when I was drinking 3-4 times a week. I gained 5-6 pounds of muscle on an HST cycle, even with the alcohol. But, it has been very hard for me to lose weight during the cutting cycle that I am currently doing.

bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    man, clearly the best alcohol is bicyclobutanol ... check it out

mm312740 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mm312740 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mm312740 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mm312740 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mm312740 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a light beer and a shot of hard boos has a very similar micronutrient profile

so if you are going to sacrafice gains for boos, drink what you like

bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicyclobutane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how about absolute ethanol? no carbs there.

sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10) sonick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bicyclobutane
    how about absolute ethanol? no carbs there.
    You mean....Vodka

Although when I'm bulking I don't mind all the heffeweizen.

JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Who cares if it only has 3.3 carbs, it is 100 calories each and 6 to 8 beers is 600-800 calories and this doesn't get you drunk. At 5'4" and 130 pounds I'm only buzzed off like 6 or so beers, and for people bigger, they are taking in a good 8-10+ for a night. That's 1,000+ calories...

How in the hell is this not sacrificing much?

Also to the person who made this post, just because you're in college doesn't mean you should or need to drink 3-4 times a week. I'd suggest stopping, or limiting it to 1-2 times (friday and saturday). Not only are really going to prevent gains (or just gain fat), but you are also going to worse in your classes, and be unhealthy.

I don't get why so many kidws frikin drink almost every night, what the hell is the point? I'm in college as well, but I just drink sometimes and watch people go out every night, get no sleep, eat like crap and some still lift. I'm just thinking that they are wasting their time and potentially ruining their grades and health as well. Stupid and pointless in my opinion.

Laxman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Laxman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Laxman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Laxman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Laxman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Laxman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Laxman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Laxman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The two main points I have heard about alcohol in relation to BBing is that

1. It is a ****load of empty cals
    2. It surpresses Test

Which effect hurts bbers more?

I ask b/c if your bulking, while these extra cals from alcohol could be used towards good nutrients, they might only put on a little extra fat with a little cardio.

Originally Posted by JayKid
    Who cares if it only has 3.3 carbs, it is 100 calories each and 6 to 8 beers is 600-800 calories and this doesn't get you drunk. At 5'4" and 130 pounds I'm only buzzed off like 6 or so beers, and for people bigger, they are taking in a good 8-10+ for a night. That's 1,000+ calories...

How in the hell is this not sacrificing much?

Also to the person who made this post, just because you're in college doesn't mean you should or need to drink 3-4 times a week. I'd suggest stopping, or limiting it to 1-2 times (friday and saturday). Not only are really going to prevent gains (or just gain fat), but you are also going to worse in your classes, and be unhealthy.

I don't get why so many kidws frikin drink almost every night, what the hell is the point? I'm in college as well, but I just drink sometimes and watch people go out every night, get no sleep, eat like crap and some still lift. I'm just thinking that they are wasting their time and potentially ruining their grades and health as well. Stupid and pointless in my opinion.
    Yeah, I could just go out 1-2 a week, but I enjoy going out and having a good time. My grades are just fine, and they always come first. College is also about having a good time, and weightlifting isn't everything.

chester204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gin and tonic w/ lime......no calories in tonic plus no sweetners.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Straight shots of 151. That's what I'm doing for my cheat drinking day. Just do 5-6 in an hour and I should be good to go for a little while.