sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

expired cottage cheese ok?

so i buy knudsen cottage cheese 2% and this **** is delicious, no cinnamon or other condiments needed. but they always expire like 1 or 2 weeks later and i only eat one serving a day. when it's expired, it still tastes great, can't even really tell a big difference. my question is the protein affected in any way even though its expired? is it like some other foods where some of the protein dies after the expiration date?

I screw, I nut, I bolt UpandDownandround's Avatar
    UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by sleepi
    so i buy knudsen cottage cheese 2% and this **** is delicious, no cinnamon or other condiments needed. but they always expire like 1 or 2 weeks later and i only eat one serving a day. when it's expired, it still tastes great, can't even really tell a big difference. my question is the protein affected in any way even though its expired? is it like some other foods where some of the protein dies after the expiration date?
    hell no, that is gross would you eat it with mold? cause that is what you will be doing. just throw it out and go get yourself a new one.

sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleepi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well theres no mold in it it's still all white and the texture is still the same

UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500)
    well theres no mold in it it's still all white and the texture is still the same
    just be sure to have plenty of toilet paper in hand

well i've done this with two tubs before and it expires with just like 2-3 servings left, i never get a stomach ache or anything though, i still feel fine and normal after. i just wanna know if the protein is lessened or anything

well i've done this with two tubs before and it expires with just like 2-3 servings left, i never get a stomach ache or anything though, i still feel fine and normal after. i just wanna know if the protein is lessened or anything
    nah, i dont see why there is anyreason for this. But if your fine with it, that do it up brother.

PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Give it the sniff test first. If it passes, eat a small amount. If it still tastes ok, then it's fine. There's nothing wrong with it if it's a bit expired. I routinely eat eggs that are 1-2 WEEKS past expiration, and drink milk up to 10 days past expiration. It all tastes fine, and doesn't make me sick.

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PoopEater
    Give it the sniff test first. If it passes, eat a small amount. If it still tastes ok, then it's fine. There's nothing wrong with it if it's a bit expired. I routinely eat eggs that are 1-2 WEEKS past expiration, and drink milk up to 10 days past expiration. It all tastes fine, and doesn't make me sick.
    I second that ^^^^

Dairy is generally good for AT LEAST a week after the expiration date (generally). The stiff test and sour taste test are the best determiners.
    *No Crew*

Originally Posted by Mozelstein
    I second that ^^^^

Dairy is generally good for AT LEAST a week after the expiration date (generally). The stiff test and sour taste test are the best determiners.
    hmm....I hear that eggs generally dont expire if you keep them in the frig.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mozelstein
    I second that ^^^^

The date on the package is the "Sell By Date" in most cases.

Why is it taking you several weeks to finish off a tub of cottage cheese? I can go through 3-5 tubs a week.

Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cottage cheese and eggs last pretty well if properly stored.....the only dairy I've ever had go bad (and sometimes even before the "sell by..." date) is milk, especially if not skim milk....fat free cottage cheese lasts a long time.

I guess its all mental. I for one cant do it. I see an expired date, it the trash it goes. for example even if it is the day of the expiration, IO already have it im my mind that its bad. I smell the milk and even though it might be ok, It automatically smells bad and I chuck it.

mind over matter...waht a powerful thing

Originally Posted by nithos
    The date on the package is the "Sell By Date" in most cases.

Why is it taking you several weeks to finish off a tub of cottage cheese? I can go through 3-5 tubs a week.
    well i only eat it 5 days a week(not on weekends) and i only eat one serving each time and each tub has 11 servings, that and plus its expensive as ****

yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your cottage cheese takes longer then 2 weeks to finish? it takes me 6 days max

PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PoopEater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well i only eat it 5 days a week(not on weekends) and i only eat one serving each time and each tub has 11 servings, that and plus its expensive as ****
    Weird. I can get cottage cheese for pretty cheap usually. $2 for a 24oz tub when it's on sale. The 24oz tub will last me about 4 servings. $0.50 per cottage cheese 'meal' is pretty cheap, IMO.