Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Feel it in my abs/core when doing Tricep pushdown

When i do Tricep pushdown with a weight that i find relatively heavy (35kg), i have to tighten my core to stay upright to the point of my abs being worked so hard that i cant complete the set.

When i used lighter weights this was not an issue but since ive advanced to heavier weights my core fails before i even begin to feel a burn in my triceps.

Thinking of replacing tricep pushdowns (my fav exercise) with skullcrushers or CGBP unless someone can suggest something for me to try

Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cannar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Use lighter weight and focus on getting a better contraction. Your core should stabilize you during this exercise just as if you were standing up (core is what keeps you rigid), but should be effecting the exercise as much as it is. Have you tried using a slightly staggered stance. There is also the possibility you just have a weak core right now.

Typically when I do push downs I stagger my feet slightly for a stronger base and then lean forward a little bit and am able to keep all the tension on my triceps by only moving my elbows, and not moving them up past parallel to the floor (shoulder and elbow at a 90 degree angle).
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Drop the weight and work on MMC. Contraction>weights for isolation work.

CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) CatabolicBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whenever you ego lift a weight that is too much for you, you'll bring in different muscle groups
    to help execute the rep.

Like if you go too heavy on a bench press you might notice that your triceps take over too much
    of the lift and chest more or less becomes the secondary muscle being worked. Same is the case
    when you try to curl a weight that is too much, you bring in your hips to cause momentum to
    be able to do the lift.

moral = stick to a weight with which your triceps do all the work and there is no need for your
    abs/core to come in to be able to execute a sloppy useless rep.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP is crunching the weight down.

Registered User devilsrule61287's Avatar
    devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Very common issue that occurs when people use too much weight. They start using additional muscles to help assist the muscle you should be working (which is no longer getting worked as effectively as it should). For triceps pushdown, people will start bending too far into it, using their abs and especially their back to assist. Much better to lower the weight, remain upright, and keep those triceps isolated. You will work them much more effectively and the results will be better.

Might seem counterintuitive, but lowering the weight is often the key to spurring new growth, since so many people piss away progress through ego lifting, whether intentional or not.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Experiment with different positioning and posture. Your elbows ought to be further forward than your face, and your torso should be leaning forward. If you can't do as much weight this way, good, at least you'll be using better technique.