Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Pullups everyday

My gym teacher told us that it's ok to do pullups everyday. I don't like to work out in school since I don't have time to do everything I want to, so I just sit around in the weight room. Would it be ok to do a few sets of pullups or chinups everyday, or would it be overtraining?
    Selur Igres

The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you stayed WELL shy of failure on every set, you potentially could reap some benefits from doing chins almost everyday. It's called "synaptic facilitation." Do a net search on it if you want to find out more, I don't have the desire to sit here and explain it. However, don't expect any real hypertrophy from this type of training. You will simply get really good at pullups.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    tell your gym teacher he is a numb-nut, then direct him to irondog.netfirms.com so he can learn about proper training
    Your lame attempts to promote your website at every possible occasion is getting old fast.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by The Iron Lord
    If you stayed WELL shy of failure on every set, you potentially could reap some benefits from doing chins almost everyday. It's called "synaptic facilitation." Do a net search on it if you want to find out more, I don't have the desire to sit here and explain it. However, don't expect any real hypertrophy from this type of training. You will simply get really good at pullups.
    yea, like those guys that can do 40-50reps of pull-ups at one time(saw that once on t.v.)....but still, i'm assuming you(topic starter) are here for max. gains(size, strength) for your body, not to be able to do XX pullups in a minute
    Booo

Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by canuck195
    Your lame attempts to promote your website at every possible occasion is getting old fast.
    Agreed, take it to the PM's amusclehead. People can get the information they need right here on these very forums without being pressured into buying your book. Anyway, yeah, tell your gym teacher that he's a dumbass and that he should at least attempt to read up on some modern bodybuilding tecniques that have scientific value before he starts misinforming students. You would be suprised at the amounts of ****head personal trainers, football coaches and gym teachers who have their heads up their asses. Like amusclehead said, I reccommend training your lats all out on a specific "lat day" once a week. This allows ample time for your back muscles to recuperate and grow back bigger and stronger, provided you are encorperating a sound nutritional plan. Doing pullups every day is a bad practice because it does just the opposite, not allowing your muscle fibers to grow back bigger and stronger. Besides, if you CAN actually perform pullups everyday, not not training even near intense enough you need to be to promote growth.

Peace
    Last edited by Mingo; 11-07-2002 at 05:06 PM.
    "It was time to put all the talk aside and get to work. I was going to get big, and there was nothing that would stop me."

- Sean Nalewanyj

badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    tell your gym teacher he is a numb-nut, then direct him to irondog.netfirms.com so he can learn about proper training

yeah the plugging yourself got old really quick. If you want to direct them to more info, direct them to a quality site.

Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the replys guys.
    Selur Igres

Registered User Time + Patience's Avatar
    Time + Patience has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not gonna say yes or no, but I think if you did pullups more often than once a week, you would reap some benefits in strength for sure, like a physical job, the more you do it the easier it becomes.

I wouldn't do this for a long time, maybe a week or 2, then stop and go back 2 normal.

I'd say give it a shot and if you get any good gains then you'll know they worked, but u may realize u don't gain diddly.