mimic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Personal Advice Please?

Okay so I was working on Rippetoe's program, and I felt like I built a base of muscle, and then I lived in Spain for about 4 months, studying abroad, and started running more getting a more cardio base. Now I'm currently using this routine, http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=2498019, and haven't been doing much running because the routine is pretty difficult. I'm just starting to add running to it, as of ... today.

Diet wise, I can't be too specific because I don't eat the same thing everyday, anywhere from 1800-2200 cals, 400 or so coming from carbs, and the same or less from fat (mostly chicken, prot shake, eggs, and sometimes burgers). And about once a week I'll get the munchies and eat about 3,000 cals, oops.

Here's an updated pic, and my question would two fold. One, how do I get a six pack, and two, if the six pack is more important to me than putting on muscle, would it be possible to remain lean and put on about 20 lbs of muscle? (Even if it took a long time)

Oh maybe a three fold question, anyone have an estimate of my bodyfat?

Thanks!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mimic69; 02-06-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typo, there's probably more

Location: London, The ghettos of south west London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    selector has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In reverse order, my guess (which i am not great at) would be between 14 and 16 % bf.

The rectus abdominis becomes visible in a relaxed state approaching and around 10% (depends where you are holding fat). So that is how you get a six pack. You can also incorporate some crunch based movements, but contrary to popular belief, these are not essential. abdominal exercises alone will not give you a six pack (unless you literally do them all day, due to the calories you will expend).

If your six pack is more important, then cut. 8-10% is maintainable with good diet, and lean mass can be added, but 20lbs will take along time.
    My advice:

Don't cut just yet. Wait until you have put on some more mass (a lot of abdominal strength comes from deadlifts and other heavy exercises), and then lean down to single digits.

cool

sel

Originally Posted by selector View Post
    In reverse order, my guess (which i am not great at) would be between 14 and 16 % bf.

The rectus abdominis becomes visible in a relaxed state approaching and around 10% (depends where you are holding fat). So that is how you get a six pack. You can also incorporate some crunch based movements, but contrary to popular belief, these are not essential. abdominal exercises alone will not give you a six pack (unless you literally do them all day, due to the calories you will expend).

If your six pack is more important, then cut. 8-10% is maintainable with good diet, and lean mass can be added, but 20lbs will take along time.
    My advice:

Don't cut just yet. Wait until you have put on some more mass (a lot of abdominal strength comes from deadlifts and other heavy exercises), and then lean down to single digits.

cool

sel
    Have any more specific advice towards my diet or work out routine? Or do you think I should just keep going along how I am now?

Well, starting the creatine loading phase. I think it will keep me to my work outs 100% because mentally i'm thinking... 1. I'll get super big and ripped or 2. I'll turn into a fat bloated slob.

I think I need to start working in HIIT too. No other suggestions?
    Attached Images