Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5M1L3Y is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by izzylicious View Post
    i heard somewhere that that kid with abs and pics took steroids

i mean even if he lack the gene .. how can you develope such a body when you are not anywhere near pubrity .. you can gain musclle strenght but dunno about that much size ..

well maybe..
    You're right, Richard Sandrak, the "Strongest Boy in the World", they say his father gave him roids, he hasn't got no myostatin deficiency. It's obvious he was given roids, he's like 5'5".

I remember watching the documentary in 2004/5.

TestProctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FYI Folks: I know I'm new here but recently did some poking around on the actual medical stuff surrounding this genetic condition...

1. Individuals that have it demonstrate increased natural mass, and stronger individual cells. I don't really understand the science enough to repeat it coherently, but basically they have an increasing density of muscle cells that are individually stronger than normal... not necessarily larger individual cells.

Basically they're naturally covered in slightly large and rather cut, bodyfat percentages being rather low, muscle but would have to bulk it up like anyone else to get huge.

2. They likely don't want to get too huge. The only semi-reliable statement I could find online from someone who claimed to have it noted that because the muscles don't break down normally they can get exceptionally dense and cause frequent muscle tearing. This guy noted that he, his father, and his grandfather all tended to get debilitating muscle pain occasionally. He also thought that the inherited high blood pressure among the men in his family was related. I imagine that intentionally pushing for more bulk could make either of those worse.

3. So far the two kids who have been confirmed as having this condition (one in the U.S. in the last year or so and one in Germany five years ago) are ok as far as health goes (one had some health problems early on from being born premature and the like but is ok now), and since they started programs looking into the condition they've found at least one hundred adults in the U.S. with either the half (one of two necessary genes has the mutation) or whole (both of the necessary genes have the mutation) willing to be part of a study. Apparently, by the way, if you only have one of the two genes mutated you get a bit of a boost but not nearly as much.

And one of the original concerns is that the low bodyfat in babies would hurt brain development, but they both seem ok... likely because the parents kept them well-fed. There were also worries about the heart, as it is a different type of muscle (non-skeletal), but while it didn't get the benefits of the condition it still seems ok for now.

4. Studies done on mice with this condition seem to reveal (I say seem because there was an initial study that showed it happens but not why) that mice that have the myostatin deficiency have slightly more brittle tendons and knee joints. So that could be a concern.

5. Similar studies also found that those with the condition heal bone fractures faster, and the healed area becomes far harder than it was before. This tracks with the man who claimed to have the condition online, who claimed (I believe well before these studies came out and around when we first learned this condition could exist in humans) that his grandfather was known not only as a strong-man but for pulling stunts involving "unbreakable bones."

6. There is no real myostatin blocker that will duplicate the benefits of the condition available out there; the closest one got to being developed was a research group saying they were going to start testing a promising one and then backing out when it turned out to be a dead end. The only things currently out there are scams, and it's unclear whether the stuff would even work the way people might want it to.

So when someone tells you there's a picture of someone who has this condition, don't take them at their word.

I don't have all the links, but if you want to poke around yourself do a search for myostatin deficiency or myostatin-related muscle hypotrophy. The wikipedia entries and scientific journal summaries should be helpful.
    Last edited by TestProctor; 05-19-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 5M1L3Y View Post
    You're right, Richard Sandrak, the "Strongest Boy in the World", they say his father gave him roids, he hasn't got no myostatin deficiency. It's obvious he was given roids, he's like 5'5".

do roids stunt growth?

Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000) Cease2xist is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
    do roids stunt growth?
    Strong bump!
    But yes when used early in life it causes growth plates to prematurely fuse.

KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000)

he's like 5'9 130lbs or something i saw his myspace ages ago and in a couple of workout vids

drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewwwww17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

every one that is 5,5 has took roids then?

UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnDiSpUtEd90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vipersg123 View Post
    yeah, I am not too sure about the effects of this mutation on smooth muscle tissue in the heart... if it does make that grow too then yeah there's gonna be some issues.
    lol at you thinking the heart is made of smooth muscle. its definitely cardiac muscle. so much for your kinesiology degree.

mrperson1746 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TestProctor View Post
    FYI Folks: I know I'm new here but recently did some poking around on the actual medical stuff surrounding this genetic condition...

1. Individuals that have it demonstrate increased natural mass, and stronger individual cells. I don't really understand the science enough to repeat it coherently, but basically they have an increasing density of muscle cells that are individually stronger than normal... not necessarily larger individual cells.

Basically they're naturally covered in slightly large and rather cut, bodyfat percentages being rather low, muscle but would have to bulk it up like anyone else to get huge.

2. They likely don't want to get too huge. The only semi-reliable statement I could find online from someone who claimed to have it noted that because the muscles don't break down normally they can get exceptionally dense and cause frequent muscle tearing. This guy noted that he, his father, and his grandfather all tended to get debilitating muscle pain occasionally. He also thought that the inherited high blood pressure among the men in his family was related. I imagine that intentionally pushing for more bulk could make either of those worse.

3. So far the two kids who have been confirmed as having this condition (one in the U.S. in the last year or so and one in Germany five years ago) are ok as far as health goes (one had some health problems early on from being born premature and the like but is ok now), and since they started programs looking into the condition they've found at least one hundred adults in the U.S. with either the half (one of two necessary genes has the mutation) or whole (both of the necessary genes have the mutation) willing to be part of a study. Apparently, by the way, if you only have one of the two genes mutated you get a bit of a boost but not nearly as much.

And one of the original concerns is that the low bodyfat in babies would hurt brain development, but they both seem ok... likely because the parents kept them well-fed. There were also worries about the heart, as it is a different type of muscle (non-skeletal), but while it didn't get the benefits of the condition it still seems ok for now.

4. Studies done on mice with this condition seem to reveal (I say seem because there was an initial study that showed it happens but not why) that mice that have the myostatin deficiency have slightly more brittle tendons and knee joints. So that could be a concern.

5. Similar studies also found that those with the condition heal bone fractures faster, and the healed area becomes far harder than it was before. This tracks with the man who claimed to have the condition online, who claimed (I believe well before these studies came out and around when we first learned this condition could exist in humans) that his grandfather was known not only as a strong-man but for pulling stunts involving "unbreakable bones."

6. There is no real myostatin blocker that will duplicate the benefits of the condition available out there; the closest one got to being developed was a research group saying they were going to start testing a promising one and then backing out when it turned out to be a dead end. The only things currently out there are scams, and it's unclear whether the stuff would even work the way people might want it to.

So when someone tells you there's a picture of someone who has this condition, don't take them at their word.

I don't have all the links, but if you want to poke around yourself do a search for myostatin deficiency or myostatin-related muscle hypotrophy. The wikipedia entries and scientific journal summaries should be helpful.
    Thank God someone actually posted some legitimate information here. Everyone here is talking about their own speculation on myostatin deficiency. Having an abnormally large heart would cause death at an early age, but the myostatin deficiency in the kids only affects their structural muscles. You can't die because of having a normal sized heart with large [traps, delts, biceps, etc..], if this was the case there would be restrictions on how long people can work out for.
    But once successful myostatin inhibitors are available on the market, body builders and athletes will want their hands on them. The inhibitors will be illegal to those who are already able bodied. Also, these inhibitors are being tested on many muscular eroding diseases, such as muscular dystrophy.

batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strong nearly two year bump of my thread

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cease2xist View Post
    Strong bump!
    But yes when used early in life it causes growth plates to prematurely fuse.
    Not entirely true. The effects of oxandrolone on epiphyseal plate viability has been studied, and found to not effect them negatively. In fact oxandrolone has been shown to be a safe, effective means of treating constitutional growth delay.
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.

TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AirChair View Post
    Not entirely true. The effects of oxandrolone on epiphyseal plate viability has been studied, and found to not effect them negatively. In fact oxandrolone has been shown to be a safe, effective means of treating constitutional growth delay.
    It's my understanding that the estrogen to test ratio at the end of a cycle was what caused premature growth plates closer. i.e. more estro than test, which is why we take a PCT with AAS
    University of Alabama
    Shaved head crew

ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArcaneKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by -themask- View Post
    imagine one of them on gear, perfect diet and training after like 10 years
    flex wheeler..
    Bench: 475
    DeadLift: 600
    Squat: 250

Quotes/Words of Wisdom that I live by:

"Friends come and go but 200 lb is always 200 lbs"

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"?

"I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live"

"The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me" - PSALM 23 (PSALM OF DAVID)

Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dgwear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    some people have all the luck haha. i think they specifically are only breeding those cows with bulls who have the mutation to produce more babys with the defect/gift
    Certified Exercise Physiologist by the American College of Sports Medicine
    Bachelors degree in Exercise science / Pre physical therapy
    Associates in Fitness Specialist

Reps to anyone who subs to my YouTube/Vlogs (comment your username on a video):
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dgwear69?feature=mhum

Training/ Supplement Log for Evogen AminoJect:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168488143&p=1381515263#post1381515263

MyFitnessPal
    www.myfitnesspal.com/dgwear

jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    brb heart hypertrophy
    i rep back 250+

no fap crew
    ******** crew

Registered User AsianAesthetics's Avatar
    AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianAesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    strong bump.

i dont think cardiac muscles can undergo hypertrophy after a certain age. plus, all the animals that had the mutation was already born a predetermined heart problem.
    "It was actually pretty gay from the beginning. Bodybuilding is not about reading long articles n sh*t, it's about being jacked and doing homosex for drug money."
    -ka0s