Drift66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drift66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Work out plan while doing Martial Arts

Well I have been working out Mon - Wed - Fri for the past 2 years, but unfortunately I will be doing martial arts classes during those days. I find the class will focus %85 on cardio/endurance and %15 on strength training, so it will be important for me to continue lifting weights.

I have another class on thursdays so that occupies my week even further.

So this leaves me with the option of;

A: Working out after work and before martial arts class, but may leave me tired and burnt out.

B: Working out on Tuesdays and Saturdays only, and coming up with a two day split.

Any tips or ideas?

Location: London, The ghettos of south west London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    selector has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep workouts fresh. Try not to lift weights after intense/prolonged cardiovascular exercise, as your muscle glycogen will be depleted. After weights is much better, but in this case try to separate the two as much as possible.

sel

Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silent_Pilgrim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    being an avid martial artist myself. i'd say lift on the days your not in the Dojo, but don't train to max out! you want to try and recover as much of your muscles as possible before you plow them down with the bodyweight calisthenics you'll do during training.

besides your muscles grow and mass up just as well without maxing out =)

|Pilgrim
    Itsudemo, Dokodemo, Tsuneni Nensyuu, Ke****e Yasumazu.

Wherever You Are. Always Training. Never Resting. No Holidays....

◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►●◄►

Never Fight With A Moron. They'll Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience!!

joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joe_indo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Silent_Pilgrim View Post
    being an avid martial artist myself. i'd say lift on the days your not in the Dojo, but don't train to max out! you want to try and recover as much of your muscles as possible before you plow them down with the bodyweight calisthenics you'll do during training.

besides your muscles grow and mass up just as well without maxing out =)

|Pilgrim
    true i do weights mon wed fri and do boxing/muay thai thursday and saturday

theres a lotta pushups and squats and medicine ball lunges but just dont go to maximum failure on each set and youll be fine
    i like reps and will rep back (though im not worth much lol)