Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'10", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 776
    conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit conadrisca's BodySpace

Lower back arch/posture/pain..

have a bad lower back arch that seems to give me a lot of lower back pain and jsut feels unnatural, but I can't seem to find how to improve it. Anyone else have this problem? I've asked my chiropractor and he said just to sit upright in chairs with good posture, which i have done for the past 2 years and isnt helping at all. Feedback thanks

Stats: 5'11", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2084
    Hijinx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Hijinx's BodySpace

back pain

when you sit roll a towel and place it on your lower back. Also, when my cronic back pain comes back, I go for the Physical therapy (had a L1-S1 spine surgery, pinch nerve) and they will give you several stretches to do when you wake up and before bed that helped a lot with the back pain and arch problem. The best is the bed with the heat pads with the electrodes they will put on your back every session that relaxes your muscle and takes some of the pain away.

Just a few suggestion from experience.. I feel you man, back pain is no fun!
    hope you get better and this help you some.

Stats: 5'10", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 776
    conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conadrisca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit conadrisca's BodySpace
    not so much worried about the pain, as its gotten alot better than it used to be, mainly the look it produces, it like sticks my ass out so when i wear a tee i look 3 feet wide from the side....but the pain does come back in excess during football season, thanks for the advice tho, but how would the towel help it? wouldnt that be forcing your back to more of an arch?

Stats: 6'5", 259 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6389
    Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fresch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Fresch's BodySpace
    Have you been told you have an increased curve in your lower back?

A common cause for this is tightness of the hip flexors (ilio-psoas muscles) and correct stretching of these can help.

Will take some time, and you need to hold for 30-60 seconds each stretch, with good stretching technique.

look at www.exrx.net for advice on these stretches
    The science is out there!
    www.movementandperformance.com.au
    www.facebook.com/#!/MovementAndPerformanceHealthServices

Stats: 5'11", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2084
    Hijinx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Hijinx's BodySpace

towel on arch

yeah the towel i use to sit up straight and relieves some of the pain i feel that shoots thru my leg from my lower back. My arch still the same and i only use it when it hurts.

You can try sleeping on a hard matress on your back and see if gravity will flatten your back a bit and consult more with doctor to make sure theres no other problem.

BodyPoints: 3455
    honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) honez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit honez's BodySpace
    Fresch had it right...more than likely your hip flexors are really tight and overactive.
    Start by getting a foam roller and roll out your TFL and IT band especially. This might hurt like ungodly hell, but hang in there man and try and break up all of that scar tissue built up...believe me it's going to help.

Then statically stretch out your hip flexors. You should also work on strengthening your glutes, usually they get stretched out and weak when your hip flexors are tightened up

Also, check out your hamstring flexibility, might be pretty tight as well.
    I started doing this and my back pain went away 100%.

check out this link on foam rolling
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=475832

Stats: 6'0", 204 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1840
    melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) melon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit melon's BodySpace
    In terms of a medical cause for this, have a look at spondylolisthesis. If it is causing you a lot of pain, this is probably more likely than a cause more on the chiropractic side of the spectrum.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) demen_demen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    any weight exercises that can help with this? when i stand up my ass stick out too making me look fat as hell. i need a way to improve this. anyway besides rollers?

Stats: 6'1", 225 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1190
    daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel_2k8 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit daniel_2k8's BodySpace
    Ive got the exact same problem.
    He who dies biggest.. WINS!

100% rep back guarantee

Stats: 5'6", 135 lbs
    BodyPoints: 34354
    Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cnstnce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Cnstnce's BodySpace

Smile

I have been working with a physical therapist for my poor posture for a while. My posture caused an injury in my shoulder and I have been working on re-aligning myself since. She has been running me through a whole lot of yoga moves that open up the hips and stretch the lower back. The method of yoga is called Hatha and it focuses on alignment. Us bodybuilders have a strong outer core, but have an incredibly weak inner core, generally speaking. Look into yoga classes for beginners in your area, and please, don't be afraid to tell the instructor that you are new and need alignment help, this has helped me tremendously.
    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

Stats: 5'5", 219 lbs
    lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit lindajohn66's BodySpace
    I have the same thing an let me tell you it hurt's so bad. I also have a pulled muscle in my right inter thigh an I can't raise my leg to put on my pant's or short's and so on. I have to take my hand and lift my leg up.
    Someone is watching you so be an Inspiration. I was to my kids who now are in to bodybuilding and fitness.

Stats: 5'5", 219 lbs
    lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lindajohn66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit lindajohn66's BodySpace
    Also my butt sticks out. When I wear short's that would be normal of shortness on an average person show's my butt cheeks.
    Someone is watching you so be an Inspiration. I was to my kids who now are in to bodybuilding and fitness.

KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KidDynamite has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you can try stretching your hip flexors, but in my experience it's from over active lumbo-thoracic erectors (as well as quadratus lumborum) and under active stabilizers of the lower spine.

Obliques, transverse abdominus, and sacro-lumbar muscles could all be under active.

youtube "sahrmann lower abdominal progression" and "quadruped rocking backward."